UFC 253: Izzy Vs Very attractive man + Reyes vs Blachowicz

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC 253: Izzy Vs Very attractive man + Reyes vs Blachowicz 

Post#81 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter

LOL. I hope this happens. I'm pretty much for anything and everything Jones can do to be a heel at this point.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#82 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:16 pm

I didn't realize Izzy was specifically complaining about Zubaira with the weight miss thing. Basically says the whole thing is a scam, and I 100% agree. Some CA dude flies all the way to fight island, probably making 10k/10k. OF COURSE he's going to accept the fight even when his opponent misses weight by 5 lbs with an hour left on the clock. What is he going to do? Incur the UFC's wrath by turning down the fight and STILL not to paid? F*ck the 20%, I couldn't agree more with Izzy, and props to him for calling it out to Dana himself. How many goons are there? Enough to hold Ali back from biting Izzy's heels in the hotel?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#83 » by ReginaldDwight » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:46 pm

I always wonder when you see cupping on guys if they have a nagging injury. Costa doesn’t have great footwork but he seemed stuck in the mud last night. Izzy close to clearing out 185z
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#84 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Dupp wrote:Costa obviously had a bad game plan not that it would have made a difference but still.

He doesn’t really seem like a jackass though. Izzy has been a Java’s to him since forever. Izzy was talking about beating up the bully but really if anyone has acted like a bully between the two it was definitely Izzy.

I certainly think a different game plan could have worked. One that likely would have involved walking Adesanya down similar to the way Weidman did it to Anderson Silva. Costa did literally nothing out there except cautiously hang in Izzy's pocket, taunt uselessly, and throw some sparse offense now and then. Who the hell came up with that gameplan, anyway...?

Costa comes off like a jackass for the reasons I mentioned, but that doesn't mean Izzy isn't one too. The obvious difference is that Adesanya clearly works his ass off, is super-intense and focused, and manages to dominate with a stick-figure body that looks like it belongs in the 135 division or so.

I also found Costa's post-fight tweet to be laughably ridiculous ("I'll come back stronger"). Dude needs to come back SMARTER 100x more than he needs to get stronger.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#85 » by Headliner » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Maybe early on he was a bean poll, but Izzy is big now. He’s got an athletic, no fat, all muscle And length frame At 185.
He looks like a killer, Costa looks like an underwear model.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,514

Post#86 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:57 pm

gigantes wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:As I've had the chance to see more of Costa the more I like him as a person. Seems like a real down to earth guy who respects the art. I just think that his style plays right into Izzy's strength. The Weasel is calling for an Izzy 2nd round TKO or KO off counter striking.

Reyes should've been crowned LHW Champ after he beat Bones. He'll beat Blachowiscz

Funny... the more I've seen and learned about Costa, the more he seems like a complete jackass. Totally unprepared for last night's fight, completely unable to adapt or do anything more than throw pointless taunts. He was like a deer in the headlights that manages to stick out its tongue before getting slammed by a truck.

Doesn't help that he's apparently a huge supporter of the dictator and human rights abuser in Brasil, President Bolsonaro.

I didn’t know that. I was just basing it off of a couple interviews I watched on YouTube.

Anyhow, I don’t know what his failure in the ring last night has to do with his personality. Why did you bring that up?

As for the fight itself, yes he did have that deer in the headlights look. Izzy kept feinting on him and it threw off Costa’s rhythm. Izzy is simply the better fighter.
Free Palestine
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#87 » by Susan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:11 pm

REDDzone wrote:I didn't realize Izzy was specifically complaining about Zubaira with the weight miss thing. Basically says the whole thing is a scam, and I 100% agree. Some CA dude flies all the way to fight island, probably making 10k/10k. OF COURSE he's going to accept the fight even when his opponent misses weight by 5 lbs with an hour left on the clock. What is he going to do? Incur the UFC's wrath by turning down the fight and STILL not to paid? F*ck the 20%, I couldn't agree more with Izzy, and props to him for calling it out to Dana himself. How many goons are there? Enough to hold Ali back from biting Izzy's heels in the hotel?

Different weight cut. You can stop obsessing over the Dagistanis. :P
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#88 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Izzy looked infinitely more dynamic in there. His striking looked much more accurate and fluid and it had Costa completely frozen. He didn’t get anything off whatsoever. Adesanya is out there doing something different — he’s not just brawling or throwing with guys — 1. He’s deceptively strong (if there was a strength advantage for Costa, it didn’t manifest), 2. He might be the best counter striker in the sport right now; I mean, touch him if you can.

Shocked by the Reyes outcome. Fully expected him to win, but Jan is on quite a run.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#89 » by gigantes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:31 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I didn’t know that. I was just basing it off of a couple interviews I watched on YouTube.

Anyhow, I don’t know what his failure in the ring last night has to do with his personality. Why did you bring that up?

As for the fight itself, yes he did have that deer in the headlights look. Izzy kept feinting on him and it threw off Costa’s rhythm. Izzy is simply the better fighter.

You've got a point there.

I think the taunting and the lack of willingness (or ability) to adapt suggested to me arrogance and stubbornness. In particular, I think it's a -really- bad look to taunt repeatedly and then have utterly nothing to back it up with.

But TBH, it's really the Bolsonaro fan angle that annoys me most of all. Between Trump and him, I don't know which one is the bigger crook or more disgusting human being. For example, besides the various human rights abuses and corruption, Bolsonaro is literally encouraging the clearing & burning of the Amazon as quickly as possible, something devastating to civilisation's chances to survive GCC (global climate change).

So to be a fan of the guy is just horrible IMO... little different from being a fan of Putin, Xi, Trump or others. Sadly, that's pretty much the way the world is going, though.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#90 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I didn't realize Izzy was specifically complaining about Zubaira with the weight miss thing. Basically says the whole thing is a scam, and I 100% agree. Some CA dude flies all the way to fight island, probably making 10k/10k. OF COURSE he's going to accept the fight even when his opponent misses weight by 5 lbs with an hour left on the clock. What is he going to do? Incur the UFC's wrath by turning down the fight and STILL not to paid? F*ck the 20%, I couldn't agree more with Izzy, and props to him for calling it out to Dana himself. How many goons are there? Enough to hold Ali back from biting Izzy's heels in the hotel?

Address the arguments or don't. It's coercion. It reminds me of when that alpha male dbag missed weight so bad and then said he banked on Lamas taking the fight because he knew Lamas had a baby coming and probably needed the money. Proceeded to ktfo Lamas.

Coercion. Missing weight by 4-5 lbs with 90 mins to go. Glad justice was served.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#91 » by Susan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:48 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:

Address the arguments or don't. It's coercion. It reminds me of when that alpha male dbag missed weight so bad and then said he banked on Lamas taking the fight because he knew Lamas had a baby coming and probably needed the money. Proceeded to ktfo Lamas.

Coercion. Missing weight by 5 lbs with 90 mins to go. Glad justice was served.

Izzy was talking about Ľudovít Klein who KO'd his teammate Shane Young.

Just trying to give correct context.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#92 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Susan wrote:Izzy was talking about Ľudovít Klein who KO'd his teammate Shane Young.

Just trying to give correct context.

No. He was calling out all the scammers, the fact that there were multiple on the card made it a more salient point. Also, I think Dawodu is of Nigerian descent so I'm sure him and Izzy are friendly.

Read on Twitter
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#93 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Why Jan look like the lovechild of Gordon Ryan and Josh Barnett?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts