UFC 247 (2/8) - Jones vs Reyes

Moderator: lilfishi22

Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,270

Re: UFC 247 (2/8) - Jones vs Reyes 

Post#101 » by Joker » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 pm

Clearly in hindsight, Reyes shouldn't have fought the last two rounds "not to lose." It's like the NBA teams we see who get so excited that as the underdog they may beat an elite team, that they play the last quarter or final 5 minutes not to lose, and give away the game in the process. Great teams just play their game all the way through until the final minute or two when they've got it locked up.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,184
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#102 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:16 pm

aggerrard wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:TRTor is better than Reyes. So was Lyoto at that point. Rampage was pretty washed at that point.

You're overestimating this evolution thing.

You don't think Reyes starches those vets Jones fought in his early title run?

Gus is being presented as this ATG that never won a title - Smith beat him and i don't consider Smith one of the best 'new' LHWs.

No, I don't think Reyes starches all of them, there's no reason for me to think that because of what happened to them years after Jon beat them.

Everything people are saying about Reyes is the same thing people were saying about Gus, who was the hardest fight Jon ever had, and the most damage he's ever taken by a long shot.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 949

Post#103 » by aggerrard » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:25 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
aggerrard wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:TRTor is better than Reyes. So was Lyoto at that point. Rampage was pretty washed at that point.

You're overestimating this evolution thing.

You don't think Reyes starches those vets Jones fought in his early title run?

Gus is being presented as this ATG that never won a title - Smith beat him and i don't consider Smith one of the best 'new' LHWs.

No, I don't think Reyes starches all of them, there's no reason for me to think that because of what happened to them years after Jon beat them.

Everything people are saying about Reyes is the same thing people were saying about Gus, who was the hardest fight Jon ever had, and the most damage he's ever taken by a long shot.

Gus was the most grueling fight for Jones, for sure. Reyes was the closest fight.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts