Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Who wins the fight? Zion or McGregor

Zion in KO
25%
McGregor in KO
75%

Total votes: 658

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,151

Re: Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins? 

Post#41 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun May 17, 2020 3:20 am

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#42 » by Optms » Sun May 17, 2020 3:25 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
Optms wrote:I am utterly dumbfounded at how lopsided this is for in favor of McGreror. Do people not realize Zion is twice his size and literately a walking slab of muscle?

McGregor is a professional fighter.

We have no clue if Zion is skilled in fighting.

At some point sheer size, weight and strength renders skill obsolete though. I think Zion falls into that category. That's just too much weight and strength moving around.

Could be wrong but I don't see McGregor making it out alive. lol
DoubleLintendre
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,621

Post#43 » by DoubleLintendre » Sun May 17, 2020 3:30 am

Strength wouldn't matter with the skill/punch coordination difference. A trained fighter can both counter strikes and knock you out. This is what would happen when Zion misses a punch

Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#44 » by Triples333 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:31 am

There is a chance Zion could win 1/10-15 with his size and explosiveness, but give me a break. Connor has IMMENSE power to go along with the ability to see a sloppy non fighters nonsense a mile away. He could kill Zion - kill - in 2 minutes
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,496

Post#45 » by D.Brasco » Sun May 17, 2020 3:31 am

Optms wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:
Optms wrote:I am utterly dumbfounded at how lopsided this is for in favor of McGreror. Do people not realize Zion is twice his size and literately a walking slab of muscle?

McGregor is a professional fighter.

We have no clue if Zion is skilled in fighting.

At some point sheer size, weight and strength renders skill obsolete though. I think Zion falls into that category. That's just too much weight and strength moving around.

Could be wrong but I don't see McGregor making it out alive. lol

What exactly would Zion do to McGregor? Flail punches that McGrgeor could see from a mile away and avoid and counter? Try to just grab him and squeeze? Even with McGregor's limited for an MMA fighter BJJ background, he'd be able to find a way to use Zion's weight and angles against him in a hold.

As I said before if I'm Conor as soon as I see him move on me I go with a kick to the knee and Zion is tumbling.
Nonstop
Pro Prospect
And1: 294

Post#46 » by Nonstop » Sun May 17, 2020 3:48 am

D.Brasco wrote:
Nonstop wrote:A trained fighter in any capacity is a few steps above an athlete that’s just naturally big. But I still think that 6’6 280+ would overwhelm a fighter almost a foot shorter

And this is from a complete amateur in this video.

McGregor has multiple weapons to take out Zion aside from his fists too. Target the knees with some nasty oblique kicks or scramble and get Zion in a choke hold.

Of course. Conor is top of his sport. He would demolish anyone at that size that didn’t have some form of training.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#47 » by Catchall » Sun May 17, 2020 3:59 am

A guy Zion's size can simply pick up McGregor and throw him against the wall.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#48 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun May 17, 2020 4:09 am

We had a thread before similar to this. I think it was Pacquiao vs. Shaq (?) forgot the NBA player involved.

But these guys literally fight for a living. There's no chance an athlete not trained for MMA can beat these guys.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,932

Post#49 » by lakerz12 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:24 am

Antinomy wrote:Some of you don’t seem to realize that your height & weight only matters in a fight if both people are at the same level skill-wise.

If both guys can’t fight, the bigger guy has a better chance.
If both are fairly skilled, the bigger guy has a better chance.
If the smaller guy is more skilled though, he’s definitely doing some significant damage.

Most people only fight with their hands, while skilled fighters use damn near everything. Forearms, shins, elbows, feet etc. No matter how big you are, your face & limbs can’t manage being hit too many times.

Oh really...so you think a highly trained little person would beat you up? Or a world class karate 7 year old would handle you?

And they will beat up an NBA player because "height & weight only matters in a fight if both people are at the same level skill-wise" :lol:
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,590

Post#50 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun May 17, 2020 4:31 am

You think 100 pounds of muscle is going to protect him from professional-level punches to his throat, temple, nose, etc.?
:crazy:
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,895

Post#51 » by Zeitgeister » Sun May 17, 2020 4:38 am

So, against an average big and strong person that might outweigh McGregor a lot but has little fight experience, I'd feel comfortable picking McGregor quite easily. Zion is a super athlete who is nearly double Mcgregor's size, I think it'd be more of a toss up.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,932

Post#52 » by lakerz12 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:39 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:We had a thread before similar to this. I think it was Pacquiao vs. Shaq (?) forgot the NBA player involved.

But these guys literally fight for a living. There's no chance an athlete not trained for MMA can beat these guys.

That's simply not true.

It may not happen a majority of the time, but an NBA athlete is certainly capable of throwing a punch or knee that knocks out a small fighter like McGregor.

They fight for a living but they are literally tiny and weak compared to an NBA player.

You don't think someone like Westbrook, Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, etc. Could hurt a 5'9" guy?

It only takes 1 punch.
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager

Post#53 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun May 17, 2020 4:48 am

Catchall wrote:A guy Zion's size can simply pick up McGregor and throw him against the wall.

Unless he has total control of his hands the entire time he is picking him up, he can expect to get pounded directly to the most vulnerable parts of the face.
Also, kicked and kneed in the groin, abdomen, and his own knees.
It's not as easy as being able to pick someone up. And if McGregor gets loose but is still in close quarters, it's dangerously close to game over.
You ever had an elbow dislocated? Or fingers broken? Nose broken? You think Zion is ready to fight through that?
I can tell you that if you've never had a serious, traumatic injury, just fighting through it is not as easy as it sounds. McGregor could cripple Zion with one well-placed strike or submission hold, and I highly doubt Zion is going to continue to fight after that.
This is a silly question. McGregor would be an enormous favorite and rightfully so.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager

Post#54 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun May 17, 2020 4:51 am

lakerz12 wrote:
GreenBloodedC wrote:We had a thread before similar to this. I think it was Pacquiao vs. Shaq (?) forgot the NBA player involved.

That's simply not true.

It may not happen a majority of the time, but an NBA athlete is certainly capable of throwing a punch or knee that knocks out a small fighter like McGregor.

They fight for a living but they are literally tiny and weak compared to an NBA player.

You don't think someone like Westbrook, Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, etc. Could hurt a 5'9" guy?

It only takes 1 punch.

These guys take punches for a living.
Sure, one solid punch would do a lot of damage, but landing that punch is like a 1 in 100 odds, probably less.
Meanwhile, one arm bar would do as much or more damage than that punch, and McGregor's odds of getting Zion in an arm bar are way higher. Fighting through a dislocated elbow is almost impossible.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#55 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun May 17, 2020 4:51 am

For everyone saying “do people not realize that Zion is twice his size?” — yes, everyone voting Conor realizes Zion’s twice his size, but Conor is 100 times the fighter that Zion is. Size matters but even a big athlete would lose against a trained fighter who’s much smaller than him.

In the early UFC we got to look at fights without weight classes and the big guys didn’t always win. In fact, the Gracies were beating guys several weight classes bigger than them because they were superior fighters/grapplers. Conor would get space and then light him up, or kick his knees in, take his back when he’s grounded and Zion would have no technique to combat this.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#56 » by Optms » Sun May 17, 2020 4:59 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:

You think 100 pounds of muscle is going to protect him from professional-level punches to his throat, temple, nose?

He's trained to fight fighters in his weight class. Those skills are only lethal to men close to his size. Not a 6'6 athletic marvel that push around 250lbs men routinely with just his shoulders and hips. Zion grabs him and its over.
Vega
Pro Prospect
And1: 151

Post#57 » by Vega » Sun May 17, 2020 5:03 am

Who would win in one on one between a prime Muggsy Bogues and someone with Zion’s size and athleticism who’s never touched a basketball in his life?

The fight would probably be as one sided as that game.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,485

Post#58 » by levon » Sun May 17, 2020 5:03 am

Zion gonna waddle over throwing punches and Mcgregor cant go scurry between his legs because he's bow-legged. Doris Burke on the call. Would be close. My prediction is Doris would be super annoying.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,312

Post#59 » by Capn'O » Sun May 17, 2020 5:04 am

Remember when people actually gave McGregor a chance against Mayweather in the boxing ring?

So, giving Zion a chance against McGregor in any sort of fight is the folly of that logic x20. He would get creamed.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager

Post#60 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sun May 17, 2020 5:13 am

Optms wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

You think 100 pounds of muscle is going to protect him from professional-level punches to his throat, temple, nose?

He's trained to fight fighters in his weight class. Those skills are only lethal to men close to his size. Not a 6'6 athletic marvel that push around 250lbs men routinely with just his shoulders and hips. Zion grabs him and its over.

Yeah sorry but having your nose broken hurts at any size and bigger dudes don't have more muscular noses.
Maybe Zion is enough of an animal to ignore it and keep fighting, but there's good chance that he doesn't. A lot of people have never had an injury like that, and they will lose focus if not completely quit when it happens.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts