The OFFICIAL Paul Brothers Boxing Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,820

Re: The OFFICIAL Paul Brothers Boxing Thread 

Post#61 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Another impressive KO from Paul as his opponents get better each time. You have to admire the dedication, work and passion he put into the sport.

Next fight I’d like to see him fight someone who already has a boxing win under their belt. He’s ready to beat a boxer.
Go Raps!!
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#62 » by First Step » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Dupp wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:It's a combat sport. Anything can happen and Ben was far out of his prime. It is pretty amazing that he's taken shots from killers like Koreshkov, Lima and Lawler but got dropped by Paul.

I wonder why the ref stopped it. Askren looked recovered...

More reason why boxing sucks

The ref saved Askren from getting knocked unconscious. Had he let him continue, he was going to get rocked. He had no way of defending himself from Paul’s attack.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,935

Post#63 » by Jasen777 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:14 pm

First Step wrote:The ref saved Askren from getting knocked unconscious. Had he let him continue, he was going to get rocked. He had no way of defending himself from Paul’s attack.

He appeared to have just as much ability to do so as when the fight started, if I'm right in that he was recovered. Getting caught once is not proof of being outclassed.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,988

Post#64 » by Los_29 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
First Step wrote:The ref saved Askren from getting knocked unconscious. Had he let him continue, he was going to get rocked. He had no way of defending himself from Paul’s attack.

He appeared to have just as much ability to do so as when the fight started, if I'm right in that he was recovered. Getting caught once is not proof of being outclassed.

It was an early stoppage for sure. However, I don't think it would've mattered. Askren wasn't winning that. I was wrong, I thought Askren was going to win.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#65 » by Jasen777 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:24 pm

Los_29 wrote:It was an early stoppage for sure. However, I don't think it would've mattered. Askren wasn't winning that. I was wrong, I thought Askren was going to win.

It's not that I think he would have won, I was wondering if maybe the ref saw something we didn't, or if it was just early.

I thought Askren might have a chance but changed my mind at the weigh-ins. He was never Yoel Romero but he never looked quite like that. Probably couldn't even cardio much with his bad hip. And I had already been worried he wasn't working to get better when he was in the UFC, it never looked like he improved any since he was in Bellator.
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#66 » by First Step » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:31 pm

Jasen777 wrote:

It wasn't just that shot... Paul had much better boxing ability. He set up that 1-2 well before he executed it. Askrens face was wide open. Paul woulve landed an overhand right again, while Askren was still dazed, and he would've been sleeping like Nate Robinson.

Ref absolutely made the right call because he was going to get hurt.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,988

Post#67 » by Los_29 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:It was an early stoppage for sure. However, I don't think it would've mattered. Askren wasn't winning that. I was wrong, I thought Askren was going to win.

It's not that I think he would have won, I was wondering if maybe the ref saw something we didn't, or if it was just early.

I thought Askren might have a chance but changed my mind at the weigh-ins. He was never Yoel Romero but he never looked quite like that. Probably couldn't even cardio much with his bad hip. And I had already been worried he wasn't working to get better when he was in the UFC, it never looked like he improved any since he was in Bellator.

Yeah good question, I wonder what the ref saw. From one camera angle he did look a bit shaky and wobbled back into the ropes. I think the ref should've let it go a bit longer though.

I think Askren was an excellent fighter but far from his prime. By the time he got to the UFC, he had already retired from MMA. I don't think he would've ever been able to beat the elite fighters in the UFC anyway. He beat good fighters in Bellator like Douglas Lima and Koreshkov but he beat them when they were young. Lima has become an elite fighter since then and would've been able to beat Askren the past few years. Askren also wouldn't have been able to beat Colby, Usman, Burns, Edwards and Wonderboy.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#68 » by Headliner » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 am

I know nothing about boxing, but the ref was talking to Askren and Askren was replying but when he let Askren go forward Askren kinda had an awkward few steps and the ref called it.
To me, it looked like someone who was semi dazed and still slightly rocked. The fight wasn’t really a legitimate boxing match to begin with, so good on the ref for stopping the circus and saving Ben some possible brain damage.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,764

Post#69 » by spykelee » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 am

This entire event was a farce. The live music was cool for a bit but way overboard obviously. 2 hours between "fights?" Oscar De La Hoya can't be overstated enough!! Ussa along with the commentary in general. That dude getting stretchered out claiming a low blow off a shot that barely even grazed his body, lmao. That weird ass slap fight, like wth was that?? Jake in his athletic prime vs old outta shape askren was no contest. It could have continued sure maybe but who really needed to see that? That ending was inevitable

The highlight was Frank Mir's decision loss.

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#70 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Tyron talking **** to J'Leon love...man, you've broken our hearts too many times. Sit down. Go rap or something.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#71 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Susan wrote:Ben did his job - the amount of publicity he did to sell this fight was absurd. He didn't give a **** about boxing during his mma career and you really can't learn that much in 3 months (especially when Ben is a bad fit athletically for Boxing). Ben got paid massively without taking a full on KO and Paul will continue to do his **** in this sport.

Man, come on. He got embarrassed on a huge stage by a smug little brat who literally threw a parade in the ring aterwards, complete with strippers and Snoop Dogg. Ben, having to stand there, concussed and looking at his feet. You don't think he gives a ****? As someone who once had dignity?

Is there anything he wouldn't do for $1 million? That's not even life-changing money for him. He's already gotta be worth many millions. Do you think he'd let me s*** on him for a million? I would do it in private. It would be far less degrading. A cool million.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#72 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:31 pm

I didn't watch this or care but by far the best part of all of it was DC's reaction lmao. "Man, somebody's gotta do something about this Jake Paul, man." Just exasperated.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#73 » by Susan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Susan wrote:Ben did his job - the amount of publicity he did to sell this fight was absurd. He didn't give a **** about boxing during his mma career and you really can't learn that much in 3 months (especially when Ben is a bad fit athletically for Boxing). Ben got paid massively without taking a full on KO and Paul will continue to do his **** in this sport.

Man, come on. He got embarrassed on a huge stage by a smug little brat who literally threw a parade in the ring aterwards, complete with strippers and Snoop Dogg. Ben, having to stand there, concussed and looking at his feet. You don't think he gives a ****? As someone who once had dignity?

Is there anything he wouldn't do for $1 million? That's not even life-changing money for him. He's already gotta be worth many millions. Do you think he'd let me s*** on him for a million? I would do it in private. It would be far less degrading. A cool million.

What was harder to handle:
getting KTFO by Masvidal on the grandest stage in a sport in which he's invested a decade plus in and the celebration/**** talk and real life altering concussion that he ate and the realization that he's probably never going to reach the mountain top in the UFC at 170

getting a questionable TKO against an **** youtuber in a boxing match when you literally never gave a **** about striking

Ben knows it takes longer than 3 months to get proficient at something. He thought he'd be able to weather the storm, the ref didn't let it get to that and hopefully that check from Triller cleared.

His athletic prime is well past him, he got a lot out of the limited physical ability he had. He's got his wrestling gyms to live a nice, fulfilled life for the remainder of his days which is much, much more than most fighters can say.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#74 » by Jasen777 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Paul is ready for Conor yet and he doesn't seem like the type to take an appropriate fight against a low level boxer. So there is only one option for him: Artem Lobov
Susan
RealGM

Post#75 » by Susan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter

here we go! lmao DC would absolutely end this dude's life. T-Wood would starch whoever they put in front of him and let Triple C fight their littlest friend to make it 3-0 wrestling/MMA.

Beating up youtubers is the new retirement plan.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#76 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:33 pm

LOL no commission would sanction DC vs this toolbag right
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#77 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Tyron talking **** to J'Leon love...man, you've broken our hearts too many times. Sit down. Go rap or something.

I don't know why they let boxers disrespect them and clown on them without going to the easy out : You box, I fight. Do you wanna fight? no.

It's like MMA fighters fear disrespecting the boxing community while boxers trick them into getting outboxed and using it as ammo against other MMA fighters.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#78 » by Jasen777 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:20 am

Reports that the PPV buys were over a million.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#79 » by SichtingLives » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:42 am

Jake needs to be careful. If he starts to look too much like a legitimate boxer he'll lose all novelty. He should fight a trans athlete next.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Susan
RealGM

Post#80 » by Susan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:00 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Tyron talking **** to J'Leon love...man, you've broken our hearts too many times. Sit down. Go rap or something.

https://youtu.be/DEIjjMS-16Q

Woodley was there to inspect the hand wrapping and this fool was coming at him like this. What's Woodley going to say while in a room filled with Paul's people?

Woodley was 100% right, this dude was talking like that for the clout assosicated with Woodley's name. He's got no following/no money behind his name to get Woodley to take the risk and fight him in a boxing match and for talking about Woodley's stock being down becuase he's on a 4 fight losing streak, Love has never had stock and he's on his own two fight losing streak.

That's not the time or place to be talking like that. You have your guys behind you, you're a no name, Woodley is there for a legit reason and wasn't out of pocket. It was a pure bitch move.

Let Love come into the cage with Woodley and he'll get double legged through the cage.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts