Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,767

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#981 » by Cammo101 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:36 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:I never thought the fight wouldn't be legit, even with all the terrible theatrics leading up to it, but just having that be a possibility in people's minds is a huge problem for a legitimate sport IMO.

I agree. But then no way is Chael vs Rashad not more sketchy, esp considering its conclusion. Or Rashad vs Rampage.

Rampage/Rashad is the closest the UFC has gotten to this and it seems they "Hopefully" learned their lesson from it.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#982 » by REDDzone » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:41 pm

At least if Bonnar is a day trader now, that explains the "office body".
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#983 » by Bernman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:26 pm

We can keep this thread, but I think we should do a separate for each event from now on. I think they're only planning 16-18 per year, so they should be special enough. I mean plenty of UFC on Fight Pass threads are started here, they aren't on tv, and they'll usually be worse than the Bellator cards I imagine.

Bellator 133 main card is:

Lima vs. Daley, ww title
McGeary vs. Newton, lhw title
Page vs. TBA
Vassell vs. Sokoudjou
Colossus vs. Lashley 2

Bellator 132;

Pitbull vs. Straus 2, fw title

And they gotta appease plenty of their top prospects and vets by putting them on the card otherwise they'll be on the shelf too long. So I'd expect solid cards to to b, top to bottom.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#984 » by REDDzone » Wed Dec 3, 2014 5:03 am

LOL Tito gonna Tito:

"I mean, right now it’s all about my career. I have two more fights left on my contract and I think King Mo is just stepping down in my career of fighting somebody, I want to fight somebody with opportunity to fight for a world title. Why would I fight somebody like King Mo. I mean there’s no reason to it. It just doesn’t make any sense. I have an opportunity to fight someone like Rampage Jackson who beat King Mo. Why would I waste my two fights on somebody who doesn’t make any sense. It’s a lose/lose situation. If I beat him, I’m supposed to beat him. I lose to him, look I lost to King Mo. It’s a dumb fight. The guy is a nonsense fighter, he’s a journeyman. It doesn’t really matter."

"The last two fights [he had] were guys who I don’t even know their names. The last guy, he fought on the same card as me he was a 185 pounder, and he wasn’t even ranked at 185 pounds. I mean I don’t want to talk trash on King Mo. You know King Mo was a good fighter in his time and you know right now with him; just saying the things he says about me during the press conference, I was just scratching my head. I'm like, how far back have we gone back in history now? I mean this guy is just talking so dero, and just so trashy. I mean he just talks like a street hood rat. This guy just didn’t make sense to me. And I kind of understood after I looked at the pay cheques where he got 10,000 dollars for fighting, and so then you understand why. For him to get paid is to fight someone like me, and I've worked too hard in my career. Let him beat somebody great and then he can come in and fight me, but until then, I want to win the world title. I want to become the world champion. I want to fight someone that’s going to make me great. I don’t want to fight somebody who’s going to be 'okay'."
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#985 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Bellator signed Kimbo!

Kimbo/Tito...highest rated fight in history?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#986 » by Cammo101 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:44 pm

REDDzone wrote:Bellator signed Kimbo!

Wow. There are no words.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#987 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Cammo101 wrote:

Wow. There are no words.

Yea its bad, Scott Coker everyone. Although be fair, Kimbo would murder CM Punk. That fight probably doesn't even get sanctioned. This is the mma world we live in.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#988 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:54 pm

I haven't heard any rumblings about Kimbo even considering coming back, does he even still box at all? I'm sure they just threw boatloads of money at the guy.

May as well take it all the way...
Kimbo vs Brock
Kimbo vs Tito
Kimbo vs James Toney
Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock in bareknuckle boxing
Kimbo vs that Fat Cop who beat him the first time
Kimbo vs Gina Carano
Kimbo vs the guy wearing multiple masks whose name is still a mystery to everyone
Bernman
RealGM

Post#989 » by Bernman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Viacom, you're living past, man.

I feel bad for the old guard like Pitbull (fights tonight, yay!) and Lima that are still stuck w/ Bellator and being discredited by association, as well as a small sample of performances by crossovers who the UFC has obviously been messing with to shape the perception of their competitor.

Boxrec suggests Kimbo had even retired from boxing, yes.

That would be a fun pool to guess who Bellator will sign next who was a prominent name in the game prior to this decade. My pick would be Frank Shamrock.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#990 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:17 am

Houston Alexander rematch?
Bernman
RealGM

Post#991 » by Bernman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:31 am

What was the bad stoppage for Herb Dean which started off this cycle where he's either stopping fights too early or late to compensate? That one was grossly too late. I was worried if Jenkins was dead, or at least had seizing in his future, because he went limp, there was a beat, and then it seemed like Georgi was yelling he's out repeatedly over the course of 10 seconds before Herb did anything. He kept waffling. "I don't know, is he, isn't he, is he"? He does that a lot these days. Thankful Jenkins got up not too long after. Say what you want about Fat John, but at least he's definitive, albeit wrong often times.

So far this has been a surprisingly good card action-wise, and there were a couple good prospects on the prelims. The Anderson-Navarro and Kozola-Rivera fights are worth checking out if you haven't seen them.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#992 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:33 am

I don't mean to be criticizing Herb Dean all the time, and I'm sure it's a difficult job, but that was bad.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#993 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:05 am

Herb is Mazaggati/Mirgs level these days. The inconsistency is just the scariest part because you never know what you get with him. If I was a fighter I would have to go with McCarthy, he is annoying and imposes himself way too much but at least he is consistent and errs on the side of not letting a fighter get years beat off his life.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#994 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#995 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Jasen777 wrote:I don't mean to be criticizing Herb Dean all the time, and I'm sure it's a difficult job, but that was bad.

It certainly was. I'm a Herb guy and think he is one of the better refs in MMA, but that stoppage was so late even my girlfriend who knows nothing about MMA commented on how late it was.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#996 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:46 pm

This is a signing I can get behind. Cro Cop has looked solid his last few times out.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#997 » by CPT » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Do I smell a Cro Cop vs. Dos Caras Jr rematch?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#998 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Kimbo vs. Joey Beltran has to happen.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#999 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Kimbo vs. Joey Beltran has to happen.

Joey Beltran destroys Kimbo imo. Honestly Beltran isn't a bad fighter. He's just so relentless.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1000 » by REDDzone » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Cammo101 wrote:

This is a signing I can get behind. Cro Cop has looked solid his last few times out.

You've gotta wonder if he's back on that pride juice though. He's been fighting in Asia right?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts