Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3

Moderator: lilfishi22

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3 

Post#661 » by Jasen777 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 pm

REDDzone wrote:What? Dana and Thiago told me that he cleared his name in a court of law?

But it's different now, there's a video...
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#662 » by Mehar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:20 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:What? Dana and Thiago told me that he cleared his name in a court of law?

But it's different now, there's a video...

True, but if not for this Ray Rice/Peterson happenings in the NFL, i am pretty sure the UFC would not have done what they did. Anyways, this makes the LHW division the weakest right now from my end. Just look at the Rankings-

Champion : Jon Jones
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Daniel Cormier
3 Rashad Evans
4 Glover Teixeira
5 Anthony Johnson
6 Phil Davis
7 Ryan Bader
8 Dan Henderson
9 Mauricio Rua
10 Ovince Saint Preux
11 Jimi Manuwa
12 Rafael Cavalcante
13 Vitor Belfort

Belfort is a MW. Hendo and Rua are past their primes. OSP and Feijao have both been beaten by Bader in convincing fashion, and Jones already finished Bader. Thiago Silva Knocked Out Feijao last year as well. Jimi Manuwa is coming off a loss to Gus where he was Knocked Out. Phil Davis got dismantled by Rumble. Jones already beat Rashad, Glover and Vitor.

Outside of a Gus rematch after he beats Cormier, i just do not see the depth of guys at LHW that are supposed to make this a "killer division" which Dana said it was last month. Maybe others think differently, but LHW is probably the weakest division right now. There are technically two MW's in Belfort and Hendo in the top 13, and i actually think HW 1-14 on the rankings has better depth than LHW. The UFC needs to definitely beef up this division. Getting rid of Thiago Silva and suspending Rumble makes this division even weaker. If not, i can see Jones talking about Superfights against Weidman, Cain, etc.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#663 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Why they hired Thiago back...? It's just not worth the risk. He's obviously a loose cannon.

They might now know of other stuff about to be released...I think the ex mentioned she had some other video.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#664 » by Hilltop » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:11 am

I'm glad the video surfaced and Thiago Silva is out for good. They should have never considered bringing back this nutjob to begin with.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#665 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Listening to this fightpass podcast with Rogan/Schaub/Eddie Bravo. Schaub said how Dana was telling him how nobody wants to fight Lombard. He said Woodley and Rory both turned down that fight.

I hadn't heard about Rory turning it down.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#666 » by CPT » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:28 am

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/09/cristiane- ... icta-fc-10

Cyborg is fighting at 135 at Invicta 10. Hope everything goes well, because Rousey vs. Cyborg is one of those big money fights I'd love to see.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#667 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:34 pm

MMAHour listen, Jon Anik on, this is so weird. At the end of his interview he is basically advocating that Cariaso cheap shot Mouse. He said when you are that big of an underdog (gave the +900 example), you need to do something to "change the complexion" of the fight "dirty or otherwise", then went on to give examples of 'groin shots' or 'headbutts'. WTF. This is a ufc employee saying this?

Mouse on next, is he slurring? I don't remember his words running together this much.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#668 » by SDM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:59 pm

It might have been Kenny Florian saying that, so don't throw Anik under the bus until we confirm it was actually him with voice recognition software.

He's also on the new Buffer podcast.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#669 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Wow I just read on the UG that Wand was fined 70k and banned for life from fighting. Can anyone confirm?
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#670 » by SDM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:14 pm

REDDzone wrote:Wow I just read on the UG that Wand was fined 70k and banned for life from fighting. Can anyone confirm?

Right after slagging the UFC, naturally.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#671 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:21 pm

SDM wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Wow I just read on the UG that Wand was fined 70k and banned for life from fighting. Can anyone confirm?

Right after slagging the UFC, naturally.

IDK why these dudes think retiring will get the commission to show mercy, why would they show mercy to someone who they can't make money off of anymore (both the ufc and the nsac)?

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but I actually see Wand's argument. Don't get me wrong, I do believe the guy is a cheater, but he wasn't licensed or in the process of applying for a license at the time, how did they have the jurisdiction to test him? Now when the ufc implements their random drug testing for next year, supposedly it will be written into the contract that anyone can be tested at anytime for any reason. But as of right now no such terms exist, I don't really see how they should be allowed to force him to take a test and how he wasn't within his rights to refuse it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#673 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:30 pm

"The commissioners followed the precedent they set with Jones, but due to Cormier’s lesser financial stature his penalty was slightly less than Jones’ penalty."

Cormier's lesser punishment isn't just proportional to his lesser bankroll, though. He also has half the comm service...and I'd be surprised if JJ made 50:9 what DC makes...seems high (though, maybe not). Did they also find him less culpable?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#674 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:35 pm

What would happen if you went before the commish and said, 'I will accept whatever punishment you give me, I understand this can't be tolerated,' but you didn't lie by claiming you regret your actions? Just a harsher punishment, I guess.

You def wouldn't be Jon Jones.
singh_shady
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,149

Post#675 » by singh_shady » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:18 pm

I'd be surprised if Jones didn't make 5X more than Cormier does
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#676 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Upon thought, yeah. DC made 170K for the Hendo fight. With PPV money, I could see 5x for JJ.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#677 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Kevin Casey suspended a year for positive drug test.

Maybe he can give himself a few more blackbelts while he's on break.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#678 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 pm

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#679 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Lots of rumors flying about Rumble today. MMAJunkie article saying that apparently there was another domestic violence report filed against him recently.

That would make three total. I guess Dana said there is no guarantee that he will ever fight with them again.

edit: Okay now I'm reading that for the second event, he may have been out of the country when she is alledging that this event occurred?

WTF is going on with this situation? The cynic in me wants to say where there is smoke there is fire...
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#680 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Martin Kampman is the new alpha male coach. I really hope that Ludwig respects that and the guys accept Martin, not his fault that Duane/Faber don't really get along. I was kind of a fan of MK at the end of his run, but honestly don't want to see him fight again after the ass whooping that Condit gave him last time out. Happy that he has some gigs going outside of fighting.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts