The Official Conor McGregor Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#141 » by REDDzone » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:41 pm

It is interesting to note that MJ was actually kind of lighting Khabib up in the first. And a lot of it was done with his left. Khabib would have to shoot fast.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#142 » by High 5 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:40 pm

I think Joe was overblowing how hurt Khabib was. He looked slightly uncomfortable for a couple of seconds and then completely controlled the rest of the fight. Conor would definitely have a chance, though. His power and precision is undeniable at this point.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#143 » by Shaazzam » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:01 pm

"Let me fight your chicken!"
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,638

Post#144 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:32 pm

REDDzone wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I love watching Conor and I truly feel he's above belts. To me, as much as I want to see him defend against Khabib, I just don't feel like he "needs" to. I know it holds up both decisions but what he's doing out there is absolutely amazing and I want to see more amazing things, even if it doesn't make sense from a competition standpoint. I want to see go for the WW belt. He'd probably get beat but that's what I want to see even if it makes zero sense.

That what I mean by I think he's above defending his belts. It's his job to defend his belts but I'd rather see him make history because he's the only one seemingly capable of doing so.

I think Khabib's thought is that the ufc didn't give him a presser last night because they are NOT going to set that fight up.

I don't necessarily agree Conor is above the belts but I think he and the ufc believe it. I could still see him fighting GSP next.

I think he's above the belts just from the fact that the UFC has allowed him to hold that FW belt hostage for 3 fights without a word on ever coming back and so far as his coach saying the weight will be too hard to cut down to now. The belts themselves don't matter to him, it's history making and the money fights that he cares about.

As much as I think Aldo, Ferguson and Khabib are all deserving of a rematch, I don't think any of them at this point intrigues him not because they don't pose a challenge but because he gains little from it. They aren't money fights and they don't get him another strap or make history.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#145 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:34 pm

High 5 wrote:I think Joe was overblowing how hurt Khabib was. He looked slightly uncomfortable for a couple of seconds and then completely controlled the rest of the fight. Conor would definitely have a chance, though. His power and precision is undeniable at this point.

I thought he just got rocked by a punch that landed perfectly. Had it had more power behind it, say a Conor left for example, I think he'd would get finished. That's my only issue with Khabib, he's always been hittable. He's swings wide and leaves a lot of openings which lesser strikers have exposed and exploited in the past.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#146 » by REDDzone » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:36 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:I think he's above the belts just from the fact that the UFC has allowed him to hold that FW belt hostage for 3 fights without a word on ever coming back and so far as his coach saying the weight will be too hard to cut down to now. The belts themselves don't matter to him, it's history making and the money fights that he cares about.

Hm not sure if this is old information. His coach was on mmahour yesterday saying he went into camp or started his cut or whatever he said lighter than even when he fights at FW. Said he accidentally cut an extra pound for his fight Saturday. He said the cuts haven't been as bad (granted still difficult) since Lockhart has come on board.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#147 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:58 pm

REDDzone wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I think he's above the belts just from the fact that the UFC has allowed him to hold that FW belt hostage for 3 fights without a word on ever coming back and so far as his coach saying the weight will be too hard to cut down to now. The belts themselves don't matter to him, it's history making and the money fights that he cares about.

Hm not sure if this is old information. His coach was on mmahour yesterday saying he went into camp or started his cut or whatever he said lighter than even when he fights at FW. Said he accidentally cut an extra pound for his fight Saturday. He said the cuts haven't been as bad (granted still difficult) since Lockhart has come on board.

It's certainly older information than yesterday. I haven't listened to that interview yet and being with Lockhart helps with making the weight but at the same time, I think Kavanagh's point back in August is still valid

"I really don't see the point in it," Kavanagh told Ariel Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "With all due respect to the 45 guys, especially after that fight with Nate, what are they going to do? What's anyone going to do to him? I just think anyone he fights at that weight class, it's almost like he's cheating with the amount of power he has. He can make the weight, don't get me wrong about that. And he might do it, just to spite me."

There's no money fights down there either.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#148 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:53 am

Aldo II at 145 (or 155) or Khabib are what I want to see.

Aldo II would be competitive at either weight, Aldo is the real deal. Top 5 all-time fighter, arguably, with one single loss. Ridiculous that he's not in this convo. Poor effin guy.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#149 » by Headliner » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:20 pm

I don't think Conor wants that Aldo fight, that should have been his hardest fight of his career to date and he got out of it in seconds. Aldo won't rush this time, he'll sit back and chop the **** out of Conors leg until he can't walk.

Eddie had only one good idea during the Conor fight and that was to chop his leg, and it was effective until he landed his foot square on the shin and never threw another. Conor uses 0 checks, he just eats them. If he fights Aldo, who is probably the best kicker in the game, I think we'll see a Faber leg brewing.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#150 » by Jasen777 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Headliner wrote:I don't think Conor wants that Aldo fight, that should have been his hardest fight of his career to date and he got out of it in seconds. Aldo won't rush this time, he'll sit back and chop the **** out of Conors leg until he can't walk.

He'd try, but I think he'd have a tough time dealing with Conor's length and I don't think any FW can handle Conor's power.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#151 » by REDDzone » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Headliner wrote:I don't think Conor wants that Aldo fight, that should have been his hardest fight of his career to date and he got out of it in seconds. Aldo won't rush this time, he'll sit back and chop the **** out of Conors leg until he can't walk.

Yea maybe. Or maybe he gets KTFO again. Its an interesting question which is why I would want to see it.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#152 » by Jasen777 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 pm

So they have odds for who Conor is going to fight next.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/16/13652894/oddsmakers-set-nate-diaz-tyron-woodley-as-most-likely-next-opponents

Nate Diaz +175
Tyron Woodley +300
Khabib Nurmagomedov +400
Jose Aldo +500
Nick Diaz +650
Georges St-Pierre +700
Tony Ferguson +750
Max Holloway +1000
Frankie Edgar +3000
Stephen Thompson +3500
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#153 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:12 pm

I'm surprised the big money fight in GSP isn't higher. GSP has always said it would have to be a big money fight or a title fight for him to come back. It isn't a title fight but Conor is THE money fight. Bring the fight back to the Rogers Centre or MSG again and it'll be a yuuuuuuuge fight.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#154 » by RalphWiggum » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:08 am

GSP, Mayweather or Pacquiao is his next fight. All of which are gigantic paydays for McGregor. I personally would love to see him and GGG (probably the easiest match to make where he still banks 20 million plus) considering everyone is avoiding him like the plague and he'd be thrilled with a 70/30 split. As brave as Connor is I doubt he steps in with him even though split wise it's probably the easiest fight to pull off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#155 » by REDDzone » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:03 pm

His next fight will be against an mma fighter. I'm 99% sure of this.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#156 » by Headliner » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:35 pm

I wonder if GSP and Conor fought, if it would be at a catch weight, or if it would be at 155 or 170
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#157 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 pm

RalphWiggum wrote:GSP, Mayweather or Pacquiao is his next fight. All of which are gigantic paydays for McGregor. I personally would love to see him and GGG (probably the easiest match to make where he still banks 20 million plus) considering everyone is avoiding him like the plague and he'd be thrilled with a 70/30 split. As brave as Connor is I doubt he steps in with him even though split wise it's probably the easiest fight to pull off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Max, Max, first of all. Thank you. Max, thank you. First of all. That Irish man, you can reattach head, Max? My fans, Max."
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#158 » by REDDzone » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Headliner wrote:I wonder if GSP and Conor fought, if it would be at a catch weight, or if it would be at 155 or 170

The middle is 162.5 so Conor should use his bigger name to negotiate the weight down to 160.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#159 » by Jasen777 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Listening to ESPN talk about Mayweather/McGregor was ... well it wasn't good.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#160 » by REDDzone » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Jasen777 wrote:Listening to ESPN talk about Mayweather/McGregor was ... well it wasn't good.

Remember when Cowherd was telling people to buy their tickets for McGregor/Mayweather in September because that fight was a done deal?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts