UFC & Vitor - Sketchy Drug Testing (UFC 152)

Moderator: lilfishi22

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,799

Re: UFC & Vitor - Sketchy Drug Testing (UFC 152) 

Post#21 » by NZB2323 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Bernman wrote:It's really a false dilemma. I choose both because they both fit.

Hypothetically though, gun to my head, I'd choose watching his brother get ko'ed because I knew what kind of relationship they had, and I highly doubt normal Pettis would be impotent from the opening bell against even roided to the gils RDA. It's the opposite of what Pettis was known for. Never out of the fight and his kicks could floor a 200+ lb guy. Hurt Bendo and Melendez with most strikes seemingly. Don't even act like you weren't marveling about dem kicks back then. Roids don't make your head made of steel.

Anyways, let's not get into this seriously again. That was said half kidding. You know how I feel about the Pettis-RDA fight. That's probably not going to change. Hopefully we find out the truth in the end. That's a slow process in MMA, unfortunately.

From what I remember in the fight, the best shots Pettis landed were body kicks which RDA just walked through. If RDA was juicing, and I'm biased but I believe that he was, having roided up abs would absolutely help a fighter absorb body shots.

Most of you guys have watched more MMA than me. Has a juiced up fighter ever been hurt by a body shot in a fight? The only example I can think of is when Anderson Silva knee'd Sonnen's chest, but that doesn't really count.

But fighters like Barnett, Sonnen, Silva, Henderson, Bigfoot, Overoids, Wand, TRT Vitor...I can't remember any of them reeling from a body shot.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#22 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:32 pm

...I just wanted to talk ufc corruption. :(
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#23 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:29 pm

NZB2323 wrote:

Hypothetically though, gun to my head, I'd choose watching his brother get ko'ed because I knew what kind of relationship they had, and I highly doubt normal Pettis would be impotent from the opening bell against even roided to the gils RDA. It's the opposite of what Pettis was known for. Never out of the fight and his kicks could floor a 200+ lb guy. Hurt Bendo and Melendez with most strikes seemingly. Don't even act like you weren't marveling about dem kicks back then. Roids don't make your head made of steel.

Anyways, let's not get into this seriously again. That was said half kidding. You know how I feel about the Pettis-RDA fight. That's probably not going to change. Hopefully we find out the truth in the end. That's a slow process in MMA, unfortunately.

From what I remember in the fight, the best shots Pettis landed were body kicks which RDA just walked through. If RDA was juicing, and I'm biased but I believe that he was, having roided up abs would absolutely help a fighter absorb body shots.

Most of you guys have watched more MMA than me. Has a juiced up fighter ever been hurt by a body shot in a fight? The only example I can think of is when Anderson Silva knee'd Sonnen's chest, but that doesn't really count.

But fighters like Barnett, Sonnen, Silva, Henderson, Bigfoot, Overoids, Wand, TRT Vitor...I can't remember any of them reeling from a body shot.

lol.

The logic itself is faulty. No one on steroids gets hurt to the body. RDA wasn't hurt. RDA is on steroids. Don't follow.

And also, cmon...
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#24 » by NZB2323 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:08 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

lol.

The logic itself is faulty. No one on steroids gets hurt to the body. RDA wasn't hurt. RDA is on steroids. Don't follow.

And also, cmon...

That's not where the suspicion comes from. The event was held in Texas which didn't do any drug testing for the event. The UFC(which does a shady job of hiding drug tests)'S new drug testing policies weren't in place. A fighter not known for being a KO artist suddenly develops KO power and a vein popping out of his neck.

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#25 » by Bernman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:27 am

Pettis officially accused RoidDA now. He offered to train with Cowboy for his fight because he doesn't like RoidDA, RoidDA found out and took a jab at Pettis' Wheaties box feature being a joke, and in response Pettis created a picture of RoidDA's own trademark cereal "Frankenberry". Actually kind of proud of Pettis. Usually he bites his lip and is seldom funny at all.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#26 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:14 pm

Bernman wrote:Pettis officially accused RoidDA now. He offered to train with Cowboy for his fight because he doesn't like RoidDA, RoidDA found out and took a jab at Pettis' Wheaties box feature being a joke, and in response Pettis created a picture of RoidDA's own trademark cereal "Frankenberry". Actually kind of proud of Pettis. Usually he bites his lip and is seldom funny at all.

Nice to see you look past your inherent bias to nonetheless find this redeeming. Constant introspection.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#27 » by Shaazzam » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:42 pm

lol
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#28 » by REDDzone » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:57 pm

RDA was able to meet BJ Penn yesterday, he was thrilled!

Pettis daughter got a new church dress!
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#29 » by Susan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Anybody see that Buchecha is considering MMA?!
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#30 » by REDDzone » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Susan wrote:Anybody see that Buchecha is considering MMA?!

I know you are being facetious but that is actually pretty exciting if true. Javier Mendes said he has been begging Buchecha to go to mma for years, guarantee he made that suggestion after seeing Buchecha roll up both/either Cormier and DC.

It would be amazing to see Buchecha surf on Barnett in metamoris too.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#31 » by Bernman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:03 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Bernman wrote:Pettis officially accused RoidDA now. He offered to train with Cowboy for his fight because he doesn't like RoidDA, RoidDA found out and took a jab at Pettis' Wheaties box feature being a joke, and in response Pettis created a picture of RoidDA's own trademark cereal "Frankenberry". Actually kind of proud of Pettis. Usually he bites his lip and is seldom funny at all.

Nice to see you look past your inherent bias to nonetheless find this redeeming. Constant introspection.

Because if not for being a fan of Pettis I wouldn't view RoidDA with his look and background as a probable user or have a problem with it? Because that's a stance I've typically not taken with other fighters? Or I'm typically unaware and flippant about brain damage, especially under dishonorable circumstances? Or I'm not for frequently taking principled stands? LOL I'm not Mr. anti-"excuse" guy with others besides Pettis. There are excuses and there are reasons. I went to bat for Browne after he lost to Big Foot because of his muscle tear. I do it quite often. Everybody would be remiss to not factor in circumstance. When you don't, that's not empathetic, and leads you to poor analyses. And Pettis typically bites his lip just to appease people. Now he's actually showing courage to take a stand. That's a good thing if he's being honest, which he deserves the benefit of the doubt for based on history and content.

The ironic thing here is you're regularly expressing awareness and concern about brain damage, taking principled stands, and calling people out left and right for suspicion of PED use, yet RoidDA gets a free pass with you, even though numerous of his colleagues now have accused him, he doesn't look human, and all of a sudden his results drastically changed mid career like Sammy Sosa. And Pettis plus his supporters draw your ire, as he should be expected to be fine about losing his title, his rep, potentially millions of dollars, and millions of brain cells to a guy probably juiced to the gills. You're the one with the drastic change in philosophy and logic in this case. Maybe you should be introspective as to why that is. If you were, maybe you'd realize that being combative with people is in your nature, which draws you back into these personal conflicts eventually and into combat sports as a whole.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#32 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:05 pm

I just like how you feigned surprise at your admiring reaction. "Actually..." 'You know what? I've looked deep into my soul, meditated on my expectations, and I'm going to side with Anthony on this one.'
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#33 » by Susan » Thu Oct 1, 2015 4:11 am

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:Anybody see that Buchecha is considering MMA?!

I know you are being facetious but that is actually pretty exciting if true. Javier Mendes said he has been begging Buchecha to go to mma for years, guarantee he made that suggestion after seeing Buchecha roll up both/either Cormier and DC.

It would be amazing to see Buchecha surf on Barnett in metamoris too.

Javier Mendes was actually talking about it on the MMA Hour this week. It wasn't official but I do think the way Javier talked about it, he's strongly considering it and would train with AKA.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#34 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Oct 2, 2015 3:55 am

A total of 50 fighters were tested both in- and out-of-competition in connection with the UFC’s new drug testing program, with a total of 81 tests performed since the program took effect on July 1.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which oversees the program for the UFC, released the tested athletes today via its website.

The 50 tested fighters represent 38 percent of the total number of fighters who competed or will compete on UFC fight cards since July 1, including Saturday’s UFC 192 at Houston’s Toyota Center.

The list does not specify when and where the athletes were tested. However, it does note the frequency of testing, and it reveals that several fighters were tested on multiple occasions.

Of those tested on multiple occasions, nine served in headliner roles. Overall, 12 headliners were tested, though nine were not. Ronda Rousey was the most tested athlete on the roster with five tests.

Josh Barnett, a three-time steroid offender, was tested just once in connection with his headliner this past Sunday at UFC Fight Night 75. (Barnett and his manager declined to say whether they had been tested prior to the fight, though his opponent, Roy Nelson, told MMAjunkie he had not.)

Among those who headlined an event but were not tested by USADA: featherweight Charles Oliveira, who headlined UFC Fight Night 74 opposite Max Holloway; Glover Teixeira and Ovince Saint Preux, who headlined UFC Fight Night 73; bantamweight champ T.J. Dillashaw and ex-champ Renan Barao, who headlined UFC on FOX 16; Michael Bisping and Thales Leites, who headlined UFC Fight Night 72; and Jake Ellenberger and Stephen Thompson, who headlined The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale. It is unknown whether the fighters were tested by state-run athletic commissions.

Several fighters were tested on multiple occasions despite not being booked for a bout. Not surprisingly, several had previously been suspended for banned substance use.

For example, welterweight Thiago Alves tested four times despite being inactive since May; the American Top Team fighter tested positive for a diuretic following a 2006 fight in Las Vegas.

Dan Henderson, who drew additional scrutiny from state-run athletic commissions for his use of the now-banned testosterone-replacement therapy, was tested once.

Antonio Silva, who was suspended in 2013 after a post-fight test revealed elevated levels of testosterone (he was undergoing TRT therapy under the approval of the UFC), was tested on four occasions.

Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino, who was tested twice, also holds the distinction of being the only fighter to not fight in the UFC and be subject to multiple tests. Justino’s contract is set up where the promotion pays her purses and she fights in the all-female Invicta FC promotion.

Among the list of notable fighters tested more than once:

Ronda Rousey: 5
Thiago Alves: 4
Bethe Correia: 4
Antonio Silva: 4
Anthony Johnson: 3
Jimi Manuwa: 3

Jose Aldo: 2
Andrei Arlovski: 2
Daniel Cormier: 2
Todd Duffee: 2
Cezar Ferreira: 2
Claudia Gadelha: 2
Alexander Gustafsson: 2
Hayder Hassan: 2
Michael Johnson: 2
Cristiane Justino: 2
Conor McGregor: 2
Frank Mir: 2
Dustin Poirier: 2
Kamaru Usman: 2

The explanation of why they listed these fighters is unclear. Are there un-notable fighters who were also tested multiple times?

A bunch of those fighters (I've bolded them) are proven users IMO or super suspicious. Bethe and Alves and AJ, I don't think any of them have actually been busted. But they'd be at the top of my list of fighters I'd want to be. So that's great to see. I wonder why they're each hit the 3+ mark despite no busts? Alves for diuretics, mind you, IIRC.

Straight-up, AJ is on some isht. Bust him from a face that swollen.
NZB2323
RealGM

Post#35 » by NZB2323 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 5:03 am

So Jon Jones isn't very happy with the UFC, and Reebok won't want to sponsor Jon Jones. Maybe we get to see Jon Jones vs. Fedor outside of the UFC?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#36 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 4, 2015 6:00 am

Dana ducked the presser. I think it was Luke Thomas who asked about the Vitor coverup. The little one, Sholler? just dodged the question and started talking about how the ufc is with USADA now.

edit: Apparently it was John Morgan who asked.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts