Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#2141 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:18 pm

A lot of super talented, super interesting fighters in action tomorrow.

Recall Dern's last fight being that relentless boxing clinic of Angela Hill. I'm afraid for Andrade.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,663

Post#2142 » by Clav » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:54 am

a true Apex fight night is this weekend. Any fights to look out for ?

This is definitely the NYC comedown/hangover card
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Clav
Starter

Post#2143 » by Clav » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:47 pm

Aileen Perez is wild, did anyone see her W ? :lol:
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#2144 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:21 pm

What a crazy prelim fight right just now back & forth.
Clav
Starter

Post#2145 » by Clav » Mon Dec 4, 2023 9:39 pm

fight card was incredible on Sat. in Austin.

Is Dariush done ? He got cracked hard again and finished immediately, looked devastated after.

A bad stoppage ? Normally Hatley seems to be a decent ref but he didn't really stop the fight in timely fashion after Green was lights out. Good win by Turner regardless.

Figgy did well at 135 and neutralized Font. Can we get a Sandhagen and Figgy matchup ?

Tate was dominant, good to see her perform well.

Biggest thing for me is Arman Tsaurkyan next fight, he's right up in the top guys now. A interim title fight could be on the horizon or a straight up title challenge.

UFC 300 is around the corner, any thoughts on the card ?
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2146 » by Clav » Sat Dec 9, 2023 12:55 am

Luana Santos went up 10 lbs in weightclass to bantamweight and still missed +3 lbs for this week's card :lol: ah, it sucks to cut but that's not a good sign for her.

Not a hugely notable card I probably cannot catch it because there's a holiday work party for me that night. Anyone watching this wknd ?
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2147 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:44 pm

Clav wrote:Luana Santos went up 10 lbs in weightclass to bantamweight and still missed +3 lbs for this week's card :lol: ah, it sucks to cut but that's not a good sign for her.

Not a hugely notable card I probably cannot catch it because there's a holiday work party for me that night. Anyone watching this wknd ?

Yup I will be.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2148 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:42 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
Clav wrote:Luana Santos went up 10 lbs in weightclass to bantamweight and still missed +3 lbs for this week's card :lol: ah, it sucks to cut but that's not a good sign for her.

Yup I will be.

What's ur screen setup?
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2149 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:25 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:

Yup I will be.

What's ur screen setup?

If I can figure out how to post a screen shot I'll share later tonight.
Clav
Starter

Post#2150 » by Clav » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:46 pm

Will Conor headline UFC 300 ? I saw a story on MMA Mania that Conor's group are pushing for that.

Honestly, I know that's what McGregor wants, and he wants the big payday for being headliner, but it's not the fight that deserves the Main Event from a fight standpoint. :lol:

But if we know anything about Dana is that he'll capitulate to this request
Cheers
\m/
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2151 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:34 pm

Watching a washed version of Conor headline over likely title fights and much better fighters will be kind of hilarious. It’s more funny because his best bet would be fighting in 3 round fights.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Clav
Starter

Post#2152 » by Clav » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:33 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Watching a washed version of Conor headline over likely title fights and much better fighters will be kind of hilarious. It’s more funny because his best bet would be fighting in 3 round fights.

Exactly! It's really funny actually, and it's a safe bet that this happens.

I'm not the matchmaker but I'd like a main card of something like... What do you think ?

Machachev / Oliveira 2
Weili / Xiaonan [if not here, needs to be in China] could also be a LHW title fight (Pereira / Hill ideally or Pereira / Rakic)
McGregor / Chandler
Aspinall / Gane [for vacated title? - this is unlikely too]
Adesanya / Chimaev [unlikely]
Sandhagen / Umar Nurmagomedov
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2153 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:53 pm

Clav wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Watching a washed version of Conor headline over likely title fights and much better fighters will be kind of hilarious. It’s more funny because his best bet would be fighting in 3 round fights.

I'm not the matchmaker but I'd like a main card of something like... What do you think ?

Machachev / Oliveira 2
Weili / Xiaonan [if not here, needs to be in China] could also be a LHW title fight (Pereira / Hill ideally or Pereira / Rakic)
McGregor / Chandler

Chimaev definitely can't travel to the US (with sanctions against his buddy). Most likely, neither can Makhachev.
Clav
Starter

Post#2154 » by Clav » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:06 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Clav wrote:

Machachev / Oliveira 2
McGregor / Chandler

Chimaev definitely can't travel to the US (with sanctions against his buddy). Most likely, neither can Makhachev.

Ahh... yeah I blanked on that situation. Visa junk is hard for me to pay attn to
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2155 » by Clav » Thu Jan 4, 2024 11:23 pm

Three fights confirmed but others should be on the way! Rakic Prochaka / Brundage Nickal / Aljo Kattar
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2156 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 5, 2024 4:13 am

Aljo's description of his layoff is super concerning. Drinking every day for months.
Clav
Starter

Post#2157 » by Clav » Fri Jan 5, 2024 8:44 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Aljo's description of his layoff is super concerning. Drinking every day for months.

Yeah the loss affected him it seems. I'm hoping he gets right because he's unfairly boo'ed, he's a really good MMA fighter and the move up should ideally be good for his career. Even still... I kind of think Kattar is at good odds to piece Aljo up so this UFC 300 appearance is big for both of them.

At the end of the day they are in the fight game so he needs to snap out of it and be confident that he is a top level fighter and can win vs. anyone if he puts his mind to it. O'Malley got him good in that fight though, it was obviously a big loss and anyone would be devastated from that
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2158 » by Clav » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 pm

UFC is back this weekend fellas a rematch of a NC last year Ankaelev and Johnny Walker @ LHW. Magomed says Walker didn't want to continue and quit after that illegal knee, so the rematch should be nice to end this beef that we didn't know we needed. I'm picking Ankaelev TKO though, let's see how that flies for first prediction in 2024.

Jim Miller in action and he's rumoured to be next up at UFC 300 so I hope he gets through relatively unscathed so he can be THAT guy who fought at UFC 100/200/300 ... what a legend. Some other decent bouts planned but we'll see how my day shakes out bc I got some stuff going on for sure when Prelims are on. https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-january-13-2024 https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/105485-ufc-fight-night
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2159 » by Clav » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:04 am

Clav wrote:UFC is back this weekend fellas a rematch of a NC last year Ankaelev and Johnny Walker @ LHW. Magomed says Walker didn't want to continue and quit after that illegal knee, so the rematch should be nice to end this beef that we didn't know we needed. I'm picking Ankaelev TKO though, let's see how that flies for first prediction in 2024.

Jim Miller in action and he's rumoured to be next up at UFC 300 so I hope he gets through relatively unscathed so he can be THAT guy who fought at UFC 100/200/300 ... what a legend. Some other decent bouts planned but we'll see how my day shakes out bc I got some stuff going on for sure when Prelims are on. https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-january-13-2024 https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/105485-ufc-fight-night

Ankalaev TKO confirmed.
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2160 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:49 pm

Ya was some great fights! Lots of knock outs! Haha!

And props to Jim Miller for the win & submission!

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts