Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Clav
Starter
And1: 1,660

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#2161 » by Clav » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:26 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Ya was some great fights! Lots of knock outs! Haha!

And props to Jim Miller for the win & submission!

Jim Miller now on target to fight Bobby Green at 300. A Fight that never materialized in years prior. LFG, A10!
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#2162 » by Dupp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:35 pm

Green just got brutally knocked out in one of the latest stoppages I’ve seen. Not super excited to see him back so soon.
Clav
Starter

Post#2163 » by Clav » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:57 pm

UFC 300 Card is shaping up... but the 'insane' fight [as told by the biggest lying mouth of all time] is still TBH.

ME - ?
Comain - Gaethje Holloway [BMF title]
MC - Weili / Yan [title]
MC - Jiri / Rakic
MC - Oliveira / Tsaurukyan

prelims [not official order]
PL - Kattar / Aljo
PL - Holm / Harrison [@135 :lol:]
PL - Nikal / Brundage
PL - Miller / Green
PL - Figgy / Garbrandt
PL - Yussuf / Diego Lopes
PL - Andrade / Marina Rodriguez

Awesome card for fight fans tbh. However with this Conor and Chandler mess, unsure if they fight this year, headline, or it all fizzles out :lol:

Hidden fights that might make an appearance...
if DDP and Adesanya are healthy enough.... that title fight, or Adesanya ..v Khamzat?? would be shocking, considering his Visa situations, but that would be a good draw

Khabib return.... tight lipped from his camp so far but would be "insane" to have Khabib get his 30th MMA victory at 300. He could fight at 170 vs Usman or Shavkhat
* The only other WW fight I'd put on the main card is Edwards Muhammed (but not the ME for 300)

Pereira LHW vs Hill [if Hill is ready...]/ Ankalaev. Poatan could headline 301 in Rio vs either opponent...

Aspinall / Miocic or Aspinall Ngannou [if Francis came back to the UFC for this fight I'd honestly die of irony]
Ciryl Gane Pavlovic (would be a great prelim fight at 300, but obviously this should be a Paris card headliner)
signing Fedor and he fights Miocic ? idk just an idea.

Maybe Cory Sandhagen/Umar Nurmagomedov ?
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#2164 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:58 pm

I don't want to see JG vs Max at all. Or, only if they both agree to retire after this as a lost hurrah. I realise they both love violence, this seems a perfect capper. But, like, save the brains, boys (JG was slurring 10 years ago and is innately a half-wit, Max himself had that abnormal result that led to a fight cancellation some years back and has been sparring since he was 11 and in the UFC since he was 19...).
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,278

Post#2165 » by Shaazzam » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:50 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I don't want to see JG vs Max at all. Or, only if they both agree to retire after this as a lost hurrah. I realise they both love violence, this seems a perfect capper. But, like, save the brains, boys (JG was slurring 10 years ago and is innately a half-wit, Max himself had that abnormal result that led to a fight cancellation some years back and has been sparring since he was 11 and in the UFC since he was 19...).

And yeah, IIRC Max has been slurring forever as well.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#2166 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:00 am

Good night of fights!
Clav
Starter

Post#2167 » by Clav » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:11 am

Yes~

I'm gonna start handing out awards for my FOTNs lol

FOTN - Johnson/Maksum

top performance - Johnson [Flyweight] - took Azat Maksum's zero with a forceful performance after he was definitely rocked in R1. My friend who was over said "this guy looks like a can" and the can **** won. Props. Maksum's rise stopped by Charles Johnson. Have to say Maksum just couldn't finish him and couldn't keep him down, and was getting tagged with great kicks.
* Dishonorable mention. WTF is Johnson's hairstyle with the reverse beard on the back of his neck

silver star - Silva [straweight] - dispatched a veteran ranked fighter with some impressive striking and movement. If not for the on the side of the cage clinch Araujo used, Silva would've looked a lot sharper. Great win and she was so thrilled for her Bday win, hard not to like this performance.

big win - Imavov [lightheavyweight] - dealt with Dolidze's pressure and ground game, even though there was some scary moments for him and a point taken away for an illegal kick in R4. My friend's commentary : "Roman looks slow" and that kind of played out, Imavov had sharp punches and a dominant R1, into a tactical R2, he was the better fighter. Weird fight to score though.
I had it .... 10-8 (I), 10-9 (I), 10-9 (I), 9-9 (tie), 9-10 (D) equalling 48-45 Imavov

Best KO - Randy Brown double left jab into the right cross vs Salikov. Defeated a dangerous opponent with a great combo.
HM - Gorimbo KO on the prelims [right hand into gnp]

Please no more - Charles Radtke on the microphone.

Get better soon - Diana Belbita's elbow dislocation or ligament dmg, unsure, but it was brutal. Molly McCann armbared her without remorse. And Mauradov's eye from the NC eye poke in his main card fight vs Khizriev.
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2168 » by Clav » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:43 pm

Pyfer vs Hermannson prelims are ongoing. Anyone catching some of the action today ? Cheers to you all this Saturday.
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2169 » by Clav » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:16 pm

FOTN - Rodrigues/Tavares - Brad Tavares is a great fighter but the Robocop went on a rampage and got the finish.
HM - Hyder Amil's standing TKO finish of Fernie Garcia (who was not gonna stop fighting on his feet and is tough) but amil beat Garcia into a pulp.

top performance - Rodolfo Viera arm triangle choke SUB over Armen Petrosyan. It was a solid fight and performance from Viera. He definitely showed levels above Petrosyan who is a dangerous striker. Viera has a place at MW as a new name to consider as an up and coming fighter. Ragdolled and tossed Petrosyan multiple times before forcing the tap.

silver star - Jack Hermansson. Lost the first round in my book, and probably lost the second too, but still out fought a fading Joe Pyfer in the later rounds, even if Pyfer did have some moments of trying to fight back. I think Jack fought a smart fight by putting in good work in the legs and keeping Pyfer off balance, slowed, and damaged. The younger fighter lost deservedly. Good win for Hermansson.

big win - Dan Ige. He's had a tougher run sprinkled in with some losses to game opponents in the last couple of years, but "50k" still shows why he's closer to contender than outcast and really looked great vs Andre Fili leading to another great finish.

Best KO - Bogdan Guskov over Zac Pauga. Viscious 6-punch combo to send Pauga to the shadow realm. Guskov is a scary dude, and referenced his "Dagestani and Brasilian gansterz" in his post-fight speech. I feel like he's a problem.

Please no more - Dominic Cruz and Daniel Cormier on the cast. Multiple times digging at each other, and some weird tense moments. Drop Cruz please.

Get better soon - Aorliqueng's twig/n/berries. Couldn't continue the fight after 5minutes of stoppage following an inadvertent shot to the groin as he attempted a flying knee.
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2170 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:15 am

Clav wrote:.

Please no more - Dominic Cruz and Daniel Cormier on the cast. Multiple times digging at each other, and some weird tense moments. Drop Cruz please.

Omg. Be my valentine. Yes. He's such a fragile weird psycho.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2171 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:18 am

I swear to god I made a post yesterday/last night saying Great knock out by Ige.... but it disappeared...
Clav
Starter

Post#2172 » by Clav » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:57 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:I swear to god I made a post yesterday/last night saying Great knock out by Ige.... but it disappeared...

just like Fili's conscious. ;)
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2173 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:55 pm

Did y'all notice the physiques on dudes this last weekend? Jack's abs were carved up, his bf% at 5%.

Totally unrelated: we are 6 weeks out from USADA's contract ending.
Clav
Starter

Post#2174 » by Clav » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Did y'all notice the physiques on dudes this last weekend? Jack's abs were carved up, his bf% at 5%.

Totally unrelated: we are 6 weeks out from USADA's contract ending.

I didn't notice that much to be honest. Do you think the switch to the in-house drug testing program has an effect here ?
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2175 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:06 am

Is the in-house team flying around the world to test fighters, dropping in 365? I can't imagine.

There were holes in usada. But surely bigger ones in-house.
Clav
Starter

Post#2176 » by Clav » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:36 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Is the in-house team flying around the world to test fighters, dropping in 365? I can't imagine.

There were holes in usada. But surely bigger ones in-house.

Yeah I have no idea how they are operating, except it's probably to make money. Testing on fight week on-site or nearby to the arena seems the easiest logistical challenge and probably the cheapest. Do we really think the UFC is flying their in-house drug testers around the world wherever their fighters are to perform drug tests multiple weeks leading up to fight week ? ..No.
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2177 » by Clav » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:50 am

The press conference was really fun, crowd loved Volk, Merab (over Cejudo :lol:), Costa, Neal. Mixed feel for Whittaker. Garry booed. Topuria booed a lot. Pretty funny stuff with Volk's outfit and Ilia trying to be a villian.

This card is hard for me to predict... but im giving it a go.

Final 7 fights

07 Tafa KO vs Lima *
06 Lemos TKO vs Dern
05 Kopylov UD vs Hernandez
04 Dvalishvili UD vs Cejudo
03 Garry TKO vs Neal
02 Whittaker SD vs Costa
01 Volkanovski SUB vs Topuria

* Picking Lima now that Tafa missed weight and Tafa's brother weighed in to accept the fight :lol:
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2178 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:26 am

Good fights so far on the early prelims & prelims.
Clav
Starter

Post#2179 » by Clav » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:47 am

out of 7 predictions, 5 winners, but only 2 perfects...

Kopylov was submitted by Fluffy (great fight)
and Volk was KO'd hard by Ilia. Holy moly. Damn I'm gutted for Volk but Topuria is a major problem in this division.
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2180 » by Clav » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:47 pm

Bellator and PFL champ/champ event is going on right now, plus UFc in Mexico later

So Saturday fights ?

Feels like a good day. Peace out guys
Cheers
\m/

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts