Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#2121 » by Dupp » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:11 am

So pumped for volk. Didn’t realise how bad I wanted the rematch until it got announced. I love Charles but way more excited for this.

I just wanna see khamzat fight and this seems like an easier match up that’ll get him a title shot so cool. Costa fight was better thought
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,658

Post#2122 » by Clav » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:55 pm

Dupp wrote:So pumped for volk. Didn’t realise how bad I wanted the rematch until it got announced. I love Charles but way more excited for this.

I just wanna see khamzat fight and this seems like an easier match up that’ll get him a title shot so cool. Costa fight was better thought

I'm with you. I thought Volk Islam 2 would be sometime big in 2024 but this is a huge surprise. Not that I'm thrilled about Charles' injury because he's one of my fave fighters too but this is awesome. Honestly...truly thought he won the first fight vs Islam but we won't get into judging now. Then dispatching Yair pretty handily at 45 and back up to 55 on short notice. Fighter of the Year stuff.

If Volk wins he's immortal in the history books. If he loses, he's still a legend. What a guy. Also sucks to be Gamrot who should be asking why as a backup he wasn't put in the main event :lol: that's the UFC

Usman vs Khamzat is a good save. Props on Usman. I'm picking Borz by Sub
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#2123 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:06 pm

But Volk has been talking in ways that suggest he has not been training hard (drinking, injury). Like, he released a YouTube video that seemed to build-in expectations that if he loses, it's no big deal. That's not good.

Why would anyone want to see this, given that it's almost surely going to be a squash? If Volk is 0-2, that that will only lessen the chance of a re-match on fair terms.

I don't see why this is preferable to a fit Charles.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#2124 » by Dupp » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:36 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:But Volk has been talking in ways that suggest he has not been training hard (drinking, injury). Like, he released a YouTube video that seemed to build-in expectations that if he loses, it's no big deal. That's not good.

Why would anyone want to see this, given that it's almost surely going to be a squash? If Volk is 0-2, that that will only lessen the chance of a re-match on fair terms.

I’m inpatient and optimistic I guess
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#2125 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:16 pm

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#2126 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:56 pm

Good fights! Great co main & main event!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2127 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:19 am

cowboyronnie wrote:But Volk has been talking in ways that suggest he has not been training hard (drinking, injury). Like, he released a YouTube video that seemed to build-in expectations that if he loses, it's no big deal. That's not good.

He squashed Charles, and he honestly lost to Volk. There is at least reason to think Volk puts up a better fight, because he already has. Charles has won 1 fight since then, and pulled out twice due to injuries. I don’t see a lot of compelling reasons to think Charles doesn’t get beat up again.

I think Volk will still be hard to get down and hold down, which makes the fight interesting.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2128 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:20 am

cowboyronnie wrote:

Ahem.

Such a stupid fight. And this was obviously going to happen.

As the announcers just said, "it's settled". There won't be another fight.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2129 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:21 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:

He squashed Charles, and he honestly lost to Volk. There is at least reason to think Volk puts up a better fight, because he already has. Charles has won 1 fight since then, and pulled out twice due to injuries. I don’t see a lot of compelling reasons to think Charles doesn’t get beat up again.

I think Volk will still be hard to get down and hold down, which makes the fight interesting.

Or not.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2130 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:28 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Or not.

You got that one. I went in there with my heart, and not my head. :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2131 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:59 am

Luke Thomas made the point that if anybody could give Islam trouble on 12 day’s notice it would be Volk, but now it’s just obvious that Islam is way too good for anyone to beat on 12 days notice, if they even can at all.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#2132 » by duppyy » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:19 pm

Feel bad for DDP, finishes a legit Middleweight in convincing fashion and Khamzat barely beats a welterweight on short notice and gets the shot for the title next. Dana's crookedness knows no bounds.
Clav
Starter

Post#2133 » by Clav » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:24 pm

duppyy wrote:Feel bad for DDP, finishes a legit Middleweight in convincing fashion and Khamzat barely beats a welterweight on short notice and gets the shot for the title next. Dana's crookedness knows no bounds.

Dana holds grudges and bends his fighter employees over the desk too often, and too publicly. I get so sick of his internal politics which inevitably spills over to external politics. They consistently act against their own and make a public shame show of it.

He reminds me of a medieval kennelmaster honestly, he keeps his dogs hungry so they tear at each other's throats and when one piece of meaty PPV is dropped in they all fight for it tooth and nail
Cheers
\m/
Clav
Starter

Post#2134 » by Clav » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:43 pm

Jon Jones tore his **** pectoral
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2135 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:16 am

Happy for Stipe, gotta be honest. I hope JJ v Stipe never happens.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#2136 » by Dupp » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:41 am

This fight is way better anyway. No interest in stipe and Jon
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2137 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:09 pm

Jon would have stopped him within a round. This was just a checklist bout, ensuring that Jon had q chance to beat the last active champ and HW great. Waste of time as fans of fights.
Clav
Starter

Post#2138 » by Clav » Fri Nov 3, 2023 10:53 pm

Fight Night in Sao Paolo, BR
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter?group=ufc

F1 also in Sao Paolo this weekend ;)

Looking forward to Jailton Almeida he seems like a guy who can challenge for the title at HW.

Three of them missed weight and two fights were called off, so we are down to an 11-event card as of now.

Borailho and Abus Magomedov is my other fight to watch. Will Abus rebound after being beat down vs Strickland or take a lot of the shine from his rise in the UFC. Caio is a tough matchup for him I think.
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2139 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Nov 6, 2023 2:54 am

That Dalby vs Bonfim fight was awesome. Watch it.

Also, I loved the main. There was drama until the 4th, when Lewis finally gave up. Not sure I see the criticism.
Clav
Starter

Post#2140 » by Clav » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:13 am

Pretty dominant fight from my POV also. Always gonna have the knee-jerky reactions abound for a grapple or wrestle battle. I count it as a good win, and Almeida is truly a beast with BJJ. My band was over on Sat and we watched the last 3 fights and the casual fight fans among them left impressed with Almeida even though the gallery agreed, could've been hitting Lewis more on the ground and into the body with that control.

My fight to watch was Magomedov's dec loss to Borralho, and it was kind of a stinker.

Good card next weekend so here's to hoping for fewer canceled fights.
Cheers
\m/

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts