Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#81 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 am

Andrade took Claudia out for a long time. Wow. I honestly thought she was going to beat JJ the first time just off her power alone. I honestly would pick her to win again. She has all the tools to be the next straw-weight champion

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#82 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 am

Susan wrote:Guys, Saki

I only saw the last 20 seconds, gunna watch it all now but what'd y'all think. Lookin @ u cr

What about his opponent? That dude has crazy nerve. To take the fight, one. To actually push the stand up, in addition? That's insane resolve. And he had Saki stumbled too.

Different level of striking was showcased up until then. Those head kicks!? Holy God. When you've been lashing shins at Semmy Schilt, that's the kind of dexterity you get.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#83 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Crazy nerve? Or crazy terrible fight IQ? My guess is he won't be around too much longer.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#84 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:10 pm

It's so weird how little Cerrone likes antagonism or conflict. Just watched a media staredown, he can't even look Till in the eye and he's totally trying to make gestures of amicability. He's compelled to ease the tension, he **** hates it.

Meanwhile, the difference between his performances when he's fighting someone who is mean-mugging him vs amicable is night/day. It's maybe even become an achilles heal. I feel like Till should be going after him, Mike Perry-ing him like a nutjob and raising the tension.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#85 » by Jasen777 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 am

There was an event.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,469

Post#86 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:07 am

Cowboy looked disinterested or not ready or something. I know he's traditionally a slow starter, but he really did nothing tonight. Never got it going and didn't seem to want to get out of the way of Till's strikes. Rogan and Schaub said that, according to Cerrone, he did not watch tape of Till. He just knew he was a good muy tai fighter.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#87 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 am

It's weird too, because Cowboy is quite a **** talker too. Weird how aggression rattles him so much.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#88 » by Headliner » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Cowboy looks like he's ready to ride off into the sunset. Can't blame him, he's been in wars.
I wouldn't be surprised if he saw this as a good opportunity to throw a ton of cash on a dog, and take a first round KO for a big payday before the game ends.
His UFC career is nearing its end, it's probably the last fight for him to be the favorite in, might as well cash in!
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#89 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

His body looked like ****, though. Super soft. I wouldn't doubt if he was simply injured throughout camp and too cowboy to back out.

He also doesn't fight well having to back-up or counter. He needs to put together those combos.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,609

Post#90 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:It's weird too, because Cowboy is quite a **** talker too. Weird how aggression rattles him so much.

If you stand up to a bully they'll usually back down. They bully because they're insecure.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#91 » by AirCanadaMouse » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Machida returns, anyone favour him over Brunson?

Wondering if you guys think Machida is completely done at this point.... it's a bit hard to say imo. Two losses in a row... but they're against Yoel ROmero and Luke Rockhold. Makes his place a bit of a mystery.
Thank you Clutch0z24
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,063

Post#92 » by NZB2323 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:43 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Machida returns, anyone favour him over Brunson?

Wondering if you guys think Machida is completely done at this point.... it's a bit hard to say imo. Two losses in a row... but they're against Yoel ROmero and Luke Rockhold. Makes his place a bit of a mystery.

I don't think he's completely done but he's past his prime. He also had 2 losses in a row in 2010.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#93 » by Susan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:36 am

Colby Covington is an idiot trying to be somebody he's not. Not into it.

Hope Woodley knocks his **** head off.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#94 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 am

As much as I hate to see Maia lose, this honestly makes the division more interesting. Maia looked super muscular to me, not accusing him of anything but I'm not surprised he gassed given how huge he looked. Covington pretty much followed Woodley's strategy to a tee with the traditional sprawl, transition to front headlock, transition to putting your weight on Maia's head in order to gain complete separation prior to standing. At least Covington threw punches, no way Maia would have lasted 2 more rounds tonight.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#95 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:49 am

I'll take Machida in Round 4 by KO
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#96 » by REDDzone » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:19 am

Well tonight sucks. Maia and Machida are 2 of my favorite fighters. :(
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,609

Post#97 » by Bernman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:17 pm

I personally enjoyed Covington calling them animals. If you're going to chant "you're gonna die" regularly at sanctioned sporting events, you probably have earned the moniker. Hate when fighters are pressured to kowtow to them afterward out of fear or desire to still be liked. Realize he's kind of a douche and playing the heel, but I'm going to take every situation as they come.

As far as fighting goes, that was fun to watch, but hard to envision the style posing much of a problem for Woodley. Woodley loads up to counter, and those methodical rushes certainly give him plenty of opportunity. Maybe he could apply that sweet low leg kick from distance that got Maia's leg all swoll (I think if he would have continued going to it that would have been a stoppage), but if he'd go to the well too often there against Woodley he'd get countered with that massive over-hand right. Don't think he warrants the title fight off his resume and trolling anyway. Entered this fight at 21 on Fight Matrix. Have him fight the Masvidal/Wonderboy winner or Usman first.

I was torn about the Machida fight when watching it because of the doping violation and not having researched it. But since doing so, it seems like it was an honest mistake and nothing that would have provided much competitive benefit. So now I'm retroactively sad he got ko'ed again. He should retire to preserve his brain. Brunson is no joke though. That was a more controlled fight from him. Only has deserved to a few champs/#1 contenders, and had Romero down late. Could still be another champ out of that formerly stacked SF MW division.

Luque and Elizeu are low-key killers. Demoralize opponents by pretty much answer everything they throw at them, and systematically set up opponents going forward too. Not easy to control either, and slick choke there by Luque partna. Luque has a pretty crappy record for a ufc fighter, but he was really young for most of it, and faced rugged comp locally in Brasil. Finished Carlos Indio and Thiago Santos, who just destroyed Hermanson with naked aggression at a weight class up.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#98 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:09 pm

LOL

Please for the love of God, someone put together a lo-light of all Colby's missed power punches in this fight. LOL. I have never seen anything like it. Huge misses of lunging arm punches for 3 rounds.

In seriousness, if anyone sees on the Underground or something a lo-light, I would love to see it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#99 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:12 am

Linekar looked great, actually. He was really effective. I realize he got embarassed a couple fights there but he is an interesting force in any division.

Brunson is no showcase for MMA. That's the ugliest striking that is also effective in the sport. Ugh.

I agree that Luque is a real talent. Effective despite that tight guard. But there tends to be a low ceiling on guys that orthodox.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#100 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts