Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy UFC Events Thread 

Post#2061 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:27 pm

Clav wrote:https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/99780-ufc-fight-night

I have no plans on Saturday morning (Pacific) so another coffee and fights as this card is in 12 ET prelims in Jacksonville so 9AM for me. Looks like a pretty good card to me, some rescheduled fights from other cards, 14 total, and I'm still interested in seeing this Japanese guy Tatsuro Taira win, he seems like a nice top-10 type prospect. Topuria vs Emmett main card and other bangers in the mix

That main is fantastic. Really hard to call. It's possible Emmett is underrated in a stacked division, and Topuria has definitely never had a test like this. Or, rather, last time he did - against Herbert - he was getting pieced up until a ridiculous KO. In short: Topuria could definitely lose his 0.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,838

Post#2062 » by Clav » Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:27 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Clav wrote:https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/99780-ufc-fight-night

I have no plans on Saturday morning (Pacific) so another coffee and fights as this card is in 12 ET prelims in Jacksonville so 9AM for me. Looks like a pretty good card to me, some rescheduled fights from other cards, 14 total, and I'm still interested in seeing this Japanese guy Tatsuro Taira win, he seems like a nice top-10 type prospect. Topuria vs Emmett main card and other bangers in the mix

That main is fantastic. Really hard to call. It's possible Emmett is underrated in a stacked division, and Topuria has definitely never had a test like this. Or, rather, last time he did - against Herbert - he was getting pieced up until a ridiculous KO. In short: Topuria could definitely lose his 0.

Yeah I'm with you, betting odds is heavy on Topuria (-325~) but it really should be closer. Emmett is going to be a tough test. Last 3 wins were Decisions. Topuria can really change his timeline with a finish. Emmett can cement himself top-5 and might be in line for a title challenge with a big win. I hope both guys come out looking for that result.

I'm not a big better but this fight does stand out to me, same with Jack Jenkins being a dog in the prelims.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2063 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:44 pm

That betting line seems pretty off. Topuria is small for the weight class, Emmett very big. Meanwhile, Emmett has beaten some serious strikers - Kattar, for example. No way is Topuria a better striker than Kattar.

Age and momentum are of course in Topuria's favor.

This seems a pick 'em.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#2064 » by Dupp » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:35 am

cowboyronnie wrote:That betting line seems pretty off. Topuria is small for the weight class, Emmett very big. Meanwhile, Emmett has beaten some serious strikers - Kattar, for example. No way is Topuria a better striker than Kattar.

Age and momentum are of course in Topuria's favor.

This seems a pick 'em.

Honesty Emmett lost that fight 4-1. Whack scorecard.

I dunno how good Ilia is yet but I really don’t rate Emmett that highly. He does have that KO power though.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#2065 » by Susan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:55 pm

Dude, Emmett's heart is inspiring.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2066 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:19 am

Another crazy talent at 145??? Wow. What a division.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2067 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:55 am

Topuria is really special.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Clav
Starter

Post#2068 » by Clav » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:05 pm

Ilia really impressed me. That was a fight I posted before being a bit strange that Emmett was a 3-1 dog, but yeah, he proved why he was exactly that all fight. He's a powerful striker but rather an easy target to piece up, however Emmett is a dog, too, didn't give up or surrender and showed a lot of game to stay in it no matter what. Topuria is hard to hit and has great form, he was able to neutralize all the fire sent his way and he didn't even use his wrestling offensively.

Now we know who's the next big guy on the radar for Volk, and that fight would be a treat.
Cheers
\m/
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2069 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:16 am

Imagine if Paddy would have actually trash talked and tossed items into a Topuria fight, lmfao. Topuria is 26 with 14 fights, and you have people like Paddy, MVP, and even O'Malley for a while that were older with way more fights, and still have people talking about "You have to build them up by letting them beat up cans!"
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Clav
Starter

Post#2070 » by Clav » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:27 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Imagine if Paddy would have actually trash talked and tossed items into a Topuria fight, lmfao. Topuria is 26 with 14 fights, and you have people like Paddy, MVP, and even O'Malley for a while that were older with way more fights, and still have people talking about "You have to build them up by letting them beat up cans!"

They actually asked Ilia about Paddy in the pre-fight presser, Topuria said he's not thinking of him until he's a bigger draw, but would still love to beat him up. "Even at 170 if Paddy wants, since he can't make 155" :lol:

And Topuria is fighting at feather so that's hilarious to me. He doesn't respect Paddy at all. When is paddy even gonna fight again I want to see him beat to a pulp
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2071 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:16 pm

Tomorrow's card has a heap of dudes from the Caucuses, Yikes.

Ismagulov and Kutaladze are for real. Kutaladze has had some close losses but could be champion on any night. An animal.
Clav
Starter

Post#2072 » by Clav » Sun Jul 2, 2023 4:13 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Tomorrow's card has a heap of dudes from the Caucuses, Yikes.

Ismagulov and Kutaladze are for real. Kutaladze has had some close losses but could be champion on any night. An animal.

Though I do think both those guys are insane dangerous, surprisingly they both lost today... Ismagulov was out-wrestled by Dawson and
most impressive win for me was Elves Brenner vs Kutateladze, really took punishment and survived to win.

Strickland destroyed Abus in the Main event, dude was gassed after one round and Strickland unloaded a barrage of shots to flatten Abus Magomedov.

Rinat Fakredinov R1 KO though... Hope you got to catch the fights ronnie, cheers mate
Cheers
\m/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#2073 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jul 2, 2023 5:57 pm

Yeah, it was a good night of fights.
Clav
Starter

Post#2074 » by Clav » Tue Jul 4, 2023 3:43 am

Next week UFC 290 looks great, Sean BRady vs Maddalena is off, but Jack has a new opponent now some sacrificial lamb named Josiah Hall

Hopefully no one else misses weight and we get what's proposed now. 2 champ fights and whole bunch of good fighters up and down the card.
Cheers
\m/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2075 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:51 pm

iron turtle
SashaTheMachine
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#2076 » by SashaTheMachine » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:31 pm

Solid main card. grant and Marcos starting it off right
Dupp
RealGM

Post#2077 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:18 am

Tom coming for that crown. Shame Jon will bail before we get that fight.

Jailton vs Tom for the belt soon, Tom is insanely talented.

Craig vs Muniz were fun to watch on the ground. Extremely high level. That spinning pass to side control was beautiful.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#2078 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:39 am

Yeah, you have to think w HW being so weak, Aspinal runs through everyone other than Jon. I mean, thats overstating i guess. Spivak and Pavlovich and Blades are for real. But it's the fight with Jones that would be crazy.

He does to Gane what Jon did, given style's.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#2079 » by Dupp » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:31 am

Speaking of high level grappling gotta lol and Molly. Rolled her self completely into the armbar. She had a route to escape and just did the only thing that would have **** her completely.

Paddy needs to stop eating and teach her some basic jui jitzu
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2080 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:38 am

I was super high on Tom before the injury and was worried it would hamper him. He looked amazing. He's way more crisp and snappy than you expect from guys that big. I think he and Pavlovich should be a title eliminator fight, or vacant title if Jon hangs it up.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts