Your Favorite MMA Media Sources?

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Your Favorite MMA Media Sources? 

Post#21 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Dude, you just said that both fell under instances of the same category. I pointed out that the category and its definition doesn't mean anything. You have no point.

You said you don't want to compare him to a dom abuser and I pointed out that he's been arrested 2-3 times on domestic abuse charges and plead guilty to two of those charges, so by definition he's a domestic abuser.

You're the one bringing up Tyson. I'm not saying that's a good comparison.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#22 » by Susan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:29 pm

REDDzone wrote:Also, this is OT to the thread but what are your feelings towards Colby? (asking because you mentioned you want to listen to Mayhem/Colby).

I feel like you used to hate him but nowadays your posts seem more complimentary towards his progress as a fighter rather than negative towards his persona.

I find Colby fascinating now.

His story is a really interesting one to me because this turn is more a function of the culture that the UFC has created. He's CLEARLY a WWE character, some of it might be truthful but he's clearly not the type of guy that really cares about politics that much, he just found himself a lane that can truly change his life and he's running with it. He's brilliant marketing wise right now: there's a huge segment of the left that HATE him with such vigor that it only helps him grow his brand and then the beta but wanna be alpha right wingers latch onto his personality because he's made himself the perfect conduit for it.

I think this sport is an outlet and platform for a lot of otherwise troubled people and Colby is probably one of those troubled people. I think Colby is a bit of an idiot but with this branding of himself, he's able to seriously change his life and benefit himself in a way that wouldn't ever be possible. I think putting all of that hate and pressure on himself takes a bit of courage in a way that's unique to MMA at this time.

I would still be fascinated by a fight between him and Jorge because the entire time I'd be trying to figure out if it were real or not.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#23 » by REDDzone » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Susan wrote:I find Colby fascinating now.

His story is a really interesting one to me because this turn is more a function of the culture that the UFC has created. He's CLEARLY a WWE character, some of it might be truthful but he's clearly not the type of guy that really cares about politics that much, he just found himself a lane that can truly change his life and he's running with it. He's brilliant marketing wise right now: there's a huge segment of the left that HATE him with such vigor that it only helps him grow his brand and then the beta but wanna be alpha right wingers latch onto his personality because he's made himself the perfect conduit for it.

I think this sport is an outlet and platform for a lot of otherwise troubled people and Colby is probably one of those troubled people. I think Colby is a bit of an idiot but with this branding of himself, he's able to seriously change his life and benefit himself in a way that wouldn't ever be possible. I think putting all of that hate and pressure on himself takes a bit of courage in a way that's unique to MMA at this time.

I would still be fascinated by a fight between him and Jorge because the entire time I'd be trying to figure out if it were real or not.

I wasn't sold at first, but between Jorge still sh*t talking him after the broken jaw / KO loss I buy it now.

I don't care about the stuff Colby says (I already mentioned I think going after guys' families is a low move) but things have come out that make him look like a bad person beyond the act now. Like this thing that came out yesterday where he randomly deleted all his sponsored social media posts and called the sponsor and demanded more money LOL. And Jorge and he supposedly have beef because he screwed over one of the coaches at ATT? IDK, there are two sides to every story but I think there is enough there that it has become a pattern with him.

Also I agree that he doesn't seem to care much about politics. When he was on the show with that Candace lady, she would randomly go on a rant about the libruls and he seemed to have a hard time even pretending like he cared about the social issues she distracts people with (just my interpretation). However, I'm going to guess that what started as a heel move is probably legit when it comes to his like of Trump. I mean they are giving him complimentary suites in their hotels at this point. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM

Post#24 » by Susan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:20 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Susan wrote:I find Colby fascinating now.

I wasn't sold at first, but between Jorge still sh*t talking him after the broken jaw / KO loss I buy it now.

I don't care about the stuff Colby says (I already mentioned I think going after guys' families is a low move) but things have come out that make him look like a bad person beyond the act now. Like this thing that came out yesterday where he randomly deleted all his sponsored social media posts and called the sponsor and demanded more money LOL. And Jorge and he supposedly have beef because he screwed over one of the coaches at ATT? IDK, there are two sides to every story but I think there is enough there that it has become a pattern with him.

Also I agree that he doesn't seem to care much about politics. When he was on the show with that Candace lady, she would randomly go on a rant about the libruls and he seemed to have a hard time even pretending like he cared about the social issues she distracts people with (just my interpretation). However, I'm going to guess that what started as a heel move is probably legit when it comes to his like of Trump. I mean they are giving him complimentary suites in their hotels at this point. :lol:

lol, he got his scholarship offer rescinded from Oklahoma State University when he visited and then kicked off of the U of Iowa team because he got a DUI driving home from a party and running away from the cops.

It was a situation where he was also getting a clean start of sorts because he had an unseemly incident at Iowa in August, 2008, where he was arrested for DUI and eluding police trying to race back to his apartment in his car.

Covington’s blood-alcohol level was 0.255, more than three times the legal limit of 0.08.

Also seems he would get into fights when drinking:

According to police records Covington, 22, was involved in a fight near campus in the wee hours of Sunday morning, May 23, and was cited for fourth-degree assault.

The police report says Waleanalu Arquette, 23, of Corvallis was walking with a friend on Northwest 14th Street when “some men in front of them’’ began calling them names.

Arquette said he responded, and one of the men punched him twice in the face.

Arquette’s friend, 21-year-old Kenn Asato of Corvallis, was punched in the eye.

Police later interviewed Covington and determined that he threw the punches that hit Arquette. Covington has a June 24 court date set at the Benton County Courthouse.

And my favorite quote:
Zalesky said, “you don’t like things like that happening. If you want to fight, you fight in the wrestling room.’’

Seems like he cut out drinking from his life. He's def an ****.
Susan
RealGM

Post#25 » by Susan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Also, nerdbash 2018 and calling his haters nerds and virgins is pretty funny.
Susan
RealGM

Post#26 » by Susan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:55 am

https://www.whizzered.com/

Another new source of media in the MMA landscape. Seems the UFC doesn't like them.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#27 » by aggerrard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:53 pm

TheWeasle on youtube. Great content, somewhat unbiased and knows the game very well.
Susan
RealGM

Post#28 » by Susan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:37 am

aggerrard wrote:TheWeasle on youtube. Great content, somewhat unbiased and knows the game very well.

Just checked him out! Great content!!
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#29 » by aggerrard » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:40 am

Susan wrote:
aggerrard wrote:TheWeasle on youtube. Great content, somewhat unbiased and knows the game very well.

Just checked him out! Great content!!

Yea, indeed. My favorite MMA-'source'.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,574

Post#30 » by Bernman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:29 am

These days I get all my MMA infotainment from Jesse and Mos on The MMA Holes. Brand themselves as the antithesis to the Luke Thomas and all the serious MMA analysts. Even have a song about it, and just about everything else for that matter. That's more my lane w/ MMA or any sport these days. I just want to be entertained. Get enough serious analysis on serious subjects. I also don't pay much attention to MMA/sports outside the events anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5O9lsNlqMMC_oy01dzjWEA/videos
https://themmaholes.com/community/
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts