UFC 247 (2/8) - Jones vs Reyes

Moderator: lilfishi22

brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,357

Re: UFC 247 (2/8) - Jones vs Reyes 

Post#61 » by brutalitops » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:10 pm

Kurtz wrote:People continue to be upset by this, but close rounds and close fights always, always go to the champion in the UFC.

Off course the 4-1 judge should be fired immediately.

This

Had Reyes winning 3 rounds, Happy to admit people could of seen the third/4th go either way, 5th was clearly Jones, 1/2 Reyes. Considering Jones is the champion, 3-2 is fair going Jones, Reyes didnt do enough to put him away. Another strong round I would of felt he would of been robbed.

Whole night had **** scores, Someone having Krause losing round 1 is disgusting, Lewis 30-27 all 3 judges was **** off as well and I love Lewis.

Ewell winning all 3 rounds? Come the **** on as well.

Having 2 judges having Jones winning the second is stralight up ****. May as well have Tony Brothers ref the next fight so he doesnt touch an NBA game for a small window if we are just going to start **** making up scores

UFC need to do something. Maybe refuse to have events in Texas. This is up there with the Mighty Mouse/Penn/Hendrick decisions, wit the latter being "Well maybe boxing scorecards are **** useless in UFC?"

We should be talking about how Shevchenko looks unstopppable. How good the Jones V Reyes Fight was, Tafa's crisp punching but I'm pissed off because 2 shitheads have no business working at an MMA event
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#62 » by REDDzone » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:50 pm

Kurtz wrote:People continue to be upset by this, but close rounds and close fights always, always go to the champion in the UFC.

People should be upset though because while that IS how it usually plays out with these sh*t judges, that's not how it should play out as per the actual rules and scoring criteria.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#63 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:27 pm

I had it 3-2 Jones. He was rolling off a lot of those punches and a large number of those punches were long reaches, Reyes' head up, as he tried to pierce JJ's outstretched arms. Shorter southpaws have to really be taking over to land through the punching guard. Or they're just touches and slaps.

Note that Reyes' corner told him to simply survive the 5th. They explicitly told him to just keep moving, gave him no impetus to win the round. A huge mistake. I don't know if Reyes had anything left (I don't think he did) but they shouldn't have him shut it down like that.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#64 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:36 pm

They finally seem to have JJ's finger stabbing under control (almost - he still claws at the face when being pushed back).

But the ref in the Tafa fight let Tafa's opponent outstretch his fingers without ever warning. It's ridiculous. If you're the longer fighter and you are allowed to hold your fingers flexed in the punching zone between your and your opponent, you're at a massive advantage. Guys have to instinctively close their eyes or just avoid moving into range.

No one's nervous system is going to let them stab their face in the direction of pointy things. Travis Browne, Jon Jones, Liddell...these guys have fed off that move their entire careers. Referees need to enforce the rules.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#65 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:57 pm

brutalitops wrote:

This

Had Reyes winning 3 rounds, Happy to admit people could of seen the third/4th go either way, 5th was clearly Jones, 1/2 Reyes. Considering Jones is the champion, 3-2 is fair going Jones, Reyes didnt do enough to put him away. Another strong round I would of felt he would of been robbed.

Whole night had **** scores, Someone having Krause losing round 1 is disgusting, Lewis 30-27 all 3 judges was **** off as well and I love Lewis.

Having 2 judges having Jones winning the second is stralight up ****. May as well have Tony Brothers ref the next fight so he doesnt touch an NBA game for a small window if we are just going to start **** making up scores

UFC need to do something. Maybe refuse to have events in Texas. This is up there with the Mighty Mouse/Penn/Hendrick decisions, wit the latter being "Well maybe boxing scorecards are **** useless in UFC?"

We should be talking about how Shevchenko looks unstopppable. How good the Jones V Reyes Fight was, Tafa's crisp punching but I'm pissed off because 2 shitheads have no business working at an MMA event

You’re forgetting the biggest robbery of them all where Andrea Lee lost a decision when every media outlet scored it 29-28 or 30-27 in her favour. Lost a good amount on that fight too, despite the fact she continued to get the better of the exchanges. But judges got swayed by two takedowns to end the rounds which did absolutely nothing. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Thank you Clutch0z24
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,918

Post#66 » by Rich Rane » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Why are the first 2 rounds' scores typed and the other 3 handwritten?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#67 » by REDDzone » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:07 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
brutalitops wrote:

This

You’re forgetting the biggest robbery of them all where Andrea Lee lost a decision when every media outlet scored it 29-28 or 30-27 in her favour. Lost a good amount on that fight too, despite the fact she continued to get the better of the exchanges. But judges got swayed by two takedowns to end the rounds which did absolutely nothing. Horrible.

Two funny things anout that fight...did you hear Rogan and Dom talking about how they were looking right at a judge of that fight and he wasn't even watching the fight at all? It was like a 30 second stint.

Also, I had that on in the background and had people over. We weren't really watching but when she won, someone was basically like how did the girl who got beat to look like Quasimodo win that fight?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#68 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:13 pm

REDDzone wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:
brutalitops wrote:This

Two funny things anout that fight...did you hear Rogan and Dom talking about how they were looking right at a judge of that fight and he wasn't even watching the fight at all? It was like a 30 second stint.

Also, I had that on in the background and had people over. We weren't really watching but when she won, someone was basically like how did the girl who got beat to look like Quasimodo win that fight?

Not only this , Lauren Murphy was the hometown fighter and she got booed out of the building after the decision was announced. That’s how bad it was.

Thank you Clutch0z24
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#69 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:47 pm

I had it Jones 3-2, rounds 2, 4 and 5.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#70 » by Jasen777 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Odd.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#71 » by Jasen777 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 6:24 pm

Is Jones not want the used to be? Or have people started to figure him out?

I had him losing to Reyes and feel that Santos would have beat him if his knee didn't blow out. And neither seemed like much of a threat before the fight...
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,895

Post#72 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 7:28 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ya that does look weird. Also find it weird that 1 of the judges gave the 2nd round to Jones but the 3rd round to Reyes. I thought if there was a round in question for Reyes from the first 3 rounds it would've been the 3rd round. I thought rounds 1 and 2 were crystal clear wins for Reyes.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,896

Post#73 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:04 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

2 of the judges gave Jones round 2????

that is crazy.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,786

Post#74 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:37 pm

Well I was I going to come on here & argue it should have been a at least a *split* decision loss for Reyes, but apparently

the fight was a lot closer then I thought/watched(I don't have the time, effort nor energy to do that LOL).

Oh well.

Who does Jones fight next? Or does he move up to heavy weight?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,146
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#75 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:06 pm

I just don't feel like Jones gets up for these no name guys(Reyes, Smith, Santos, Gus the first time, etc), no matter how much he says he's taking them seriously. For all the talk about him looking washed going way back, the two rematches where he had a real chip on his shoulder (Cormier and Gus 2), resulted in brutal finishes.

I dunno. I just don't think he approaches lower tier guys with the same fire, in or out of the octagon, and it's going to cost him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#76 » by Susan » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:22 pm

I get Machida/Shogun vibes from this fight. Reyes will starch him and early.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,896

Post#77 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Feb 9, 2020 10:30 pm

just wondering. can the judges hear the announcers talking do you think? because whoever the commentator was last night he spent the whole fight talking about jones and how dominant he was and about how he was doing this and doing that, even when he wasn't doing anything except getting nailed by Reyes. in the 4tth or 5th round - can't remember which, Reyes came out and hit Jones with like 6-7 straight shots and he never mentioned a single one of them. then jones throws a wimply leg kicka dn he starts blathering about how Jones can't be stopped. Just sayin that if the judges had that in their ears all fight long maybe it affected how they saw it?
brutalitops
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by brutalitops » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:17 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:just wondering. can the judges hear the announcers talking do you think? because whoever the commentator was last night he spent the whole fight talking about jones and how dominant he was and about how he was doing this and doing that, even when he wasn't doing anything except getting nailed by Reyes. in the 4tth or 5th round - can't remember which, Reyes came out and hit Jones with like 6-7 straight shots and he never mentioned a single one of them. then jones throws a wimply leg kicka dn he starts blathering about how Jones can't be stopped. Just sayin that if the judges had that in their ears all fight long maybe it affected how they saw it?

Think both fighters gave Reyes dues, However Jones was looking stronger and stronger in round 4/5 and quite apparent that Reyes was gassed and the only bloke who was going to knock someone out was Jones. Both commentators had a go at the judges multiple times during the event after the prelims came out with some messed up decisions
brutalitops
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by brutalitops » Sun Feb 9, 2020 11:19 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
brutalitops wrote:

This

Yep. Takedowns are fine but if you are going to do nothing with them or spend the time tiring out someone by laying on them they shouldnt be worth ****.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,146
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#80 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:29 am

Eh. If they make your opponent wear down, that’s definitely hugely valuable. It’s the one where the take down immediately leads to both guys getting up that really mean nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts