UFC 248 - Adesanya vs Romero / Zhang vs Jedrzejczyk

Moderator: lilfishi22

High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Re: UFC 248 - Adesanya vs Romero / Zhang vs Jedrzejczyk 

Post#61 » by High 5 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 4:20 pm

I hate how obsessed the UFC is with rematches. We had the greatest WMMA fight of all time happening right before our eyes and Anik was already talking about the rematch. Just let everyone fully enjoy what is in front of them first. Not to mention it's kind of sick to think about them beating the hell out of each other again ASAP.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#62 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Mar 8, 2020 4:24 pm

The main event had athletes at the highest rank in the sport. I have zero problem with any style or approach they want to take. There is enough technical drama and enough on the line that it's entertaining anyway it plays out.

Buuuut...it backfired on Yoel and he clearly did not do enough to win. So the post-fight complaints and goading are asinine. He had Izzy against the fence covering up and scrambling a couple times in rounds 2 and 3, he just let him out. He, Yoel, would back out and release Izzy.

Super conscious of cardio output, I guess. Until the final rounds when he could see the shores of safety. Then, he talks big. But you can't just press in the final 1.2 rounds and complain about your opponent, after they basically had 3 rounds in the bag.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#63 » by Susan » Sun Mar 8, 2020 9:15 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:neither deserved to win. or get paid.

Walk into a cage with Yoel Romero.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,906

Post#64 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Mar 8, 2020 9:20 pm

Susan wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:neither deserved to win. or get paid.

Walk into a cage with Yoel Romero.

you couldn't pay me enough for that. :wink:

still... why did Adesanya want to fight Romero so bad if he wasn't going to try to truly beat him? he was the one going on about legacy. And why did Yoel make such a half-hearted effort in his last chance to win the title? What's the point of not getting gassed if you leave 95% of your gas in the tank at the end of the fight? i get they are counter punchers etc. but come on, neither came close to fulfilling their own goals for themselves nor did either seem to be really trying to meet those goals in the cage, so why should we applaud them?

on the other hand I can't stop thinking about the Joanna/Weili fight. Just mind-boggling in every way. I'm with the poster above who said they don't even want to hear about a rematch. maybe way way down the road. but for now those two gave everything they could possibly give. why even ask for more.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#65 » by Headliner » Mon Mar 9, 2020 9:14 am

When your facing a guy like Romero or a guy like Rumble, slow and boring is the fight to make it.
It’s not exciting but in the end you get the W, his name on your list and can speak without a stutter when your 60.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts