OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,983

OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned? 

Post#1 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 pm

Saw that there's some UFC fans on here & thought I'd share for some good news amidst widespread negativity going on in the main forum. Mods can lock if they want

Khabib just said that the fight needs to happen & that Dana will send him location!

Read on Twitter
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,363

Re: OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned? 

Post#2 » by brutalitops » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:56 pm

I would of been crushed if it was called off. We've been waiting for this for years
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,792

Post#3 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm

First PPV fight in history with a billion buys.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,800

Post#4 » by RyderMike » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Not trying to be a pessimist, but I envision one of their trainers/sparring partners/one of them will get covid19, then they'll have to go into 14 day isolation, putting an end to the fight. It's just that widespread and a month is a while away
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:03 pm

RyderMike wrote:Not trying to be a pessimist, but I envision one of their trainers/sparring partners/one of them will get covid19, then they'll have to go into 14 day isolation, putting an end to the fight. It's just that widespread and a month is a while away

Man I hope you're wrong. This fight is a must
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#6 » by Joel Embust » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Uncle Dana sees that PPV money.

We all want to see that fight happen. It's the most cursed matchup in the history of sports.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Post#7 » by goodboy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:26 pm

Bright
Wagonband
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,198

Post#8 » by Wagonband » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:26 pm

Pharenheit wrote:
RyderMike wrote:Not trying to be a pessimist, but I envision one of their trainers/sparring partners/one of them will get covid19, then they'll have to go into 14 day isolation, putting an end to the fight. It's just that widespread and a month is a while away

But for some reason it seems like it's not meant to be...

I honestly don't know if i prefer the fight to happen in an empty arena or have it delayed till the crowds can be back in. The energy in a full arena would be amazing, but in an empty one i dunno...

Who am i kidding, i want to see the fight regardless... But again i wouldn't be too mad if they would postpone it so it could be in a packed arena
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Wagonband wrote:
Pharenheit wrote:

But for some reason it seems like it's not meant to be...

I honestly don't know if i prefer the fight to happen in an empty arena or have it delayed till the crowds can be back in. The energy in a full arena would be amazing, but in an empty one i dunno...

Who am i kidding, i want to see the fight regardless... But again i wouldn't be too mad if they would postpone it so it could be in a packed arena

By then it seems Tony will be well into 36 years old possibly 37 & people will just use the excuse that Tony is old and washed if Khabib wins. This absolutely needs to happen
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#10 » by NBAFan93 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 pm

So is this just two guys in a cage fighting w/trainers and refs right? Probably can test everyone involved ahead of time and just do it w/o fans.

I’m sure people will criticize them for still doing it though.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Johnny Fontane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:39 pm

If they can somehow manage put all the Fight Night main events that were canceled the next 3 weeks on that card, that would be the cherry on top
fianchetto
Starter
And1: 2,997

Post#12 » by fianchetto » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:37 am

Don't see why it wouldn't. It's just two people, 3 judges, 1 ref, let's say 2 corner coaches, and let's say 20 miscellaneous staff.

And for other fights on the card, they can be in other rooms while the fights are happening.

Have every person involved isolated for 2 weeks before the fight. We **** need this fight to happen.
“If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?”
fianchetto
Starter

Post#13 » by fianchetto » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:39 am

goodboy wrote:

Conor's a pussy and hardly the dominating fighter he was made out to be (though his striking is **** beautiful to watch). You get a vet with a good ground game, stamina, and take down game and you can beat him. Nate **** diaz did it lol
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,382

Post#14 » by Scalabrine » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:45 am

fianchetto wrote:Don't see why it wouldn't. It's just two people, 3 judges, 1 ref, let's say 2 corner coaches, and let's say 20 miscellaneous staff.

And for other fights on the card, they can be in other rooms while the fights are happening.

Have every person involved isolated for 2 weeks before the fight. We **** need this fight to happen.

The way you put it, it seems very unlikely that that could happen. Maybe 1 fight, but still... medical staff, camera crew, trainers, a few other random people. We're being told by the federal government not to congregate with more than 10 people at the moment and that number has continued to get lower and lower as reported cases get higher and higher.

We are barely even testing in the US at this point, once we start actually testing people, that number is going to balloon. Maybe they could make it happen in another country but it seems unlikely that it could happen in the US.
Go Knicks!
fianchetto
Starter

Post#15 » by fianchetto » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:49 am

Scalabrine wrote:
fianchetto wrote:Don't see why it wouldn't. It's just two people, 3 judges, 1 ref, let's say 2 corner coaches, and let's say 20 miscellaneous staff.

The way you put it, it seems very unlikely that that could happen. Maybe 1 fight, but still... medical staff, camera crew, trainers, a few other random people. We're being told by the federal government not to congregate with more than 10 people at the moment and that number has continued to get lower and lower as reported cases get higher and higher.

We are barely even testing in the US at this point, once we start actually testing people, that number is going to balloon. Maybe they could make it happen in another country but it seems unlikely that it could happen in the US.

You technically only need 10 people in the room:

Two fighters, three judges, 1 ref, 1 corner coach each, and 2 security guards. Cameramen can shoot with high focal range lenses and/or robotic arms. It's possible.

Confirm that they have all been isolated. Give us something to look forward to!
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,192

Post#16 » by donnieme » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:52 am

Does the universe have something against these 2 fighting? How many cancellations can one fight have?
Jazz9
Analyst
And1: 6,522

Post#17 » by Jazz9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 am

We've got a global health crisis on our hands and people are worried for a UFC fight...
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,996

Post#18 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:06 am

donnieme wrote:Does the universe have something against these 2 fighting? How many cancellations can one fight have?

Tony Ferguson has something against these two fighting.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach

Post#19 » by Johnny Fontane » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:06 am

Jazz9 wrote:We've got a global health crisis on our hands and people are worried for a UFC fight...

Coronavirus thread is that way buddy
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,192

Post#20 » by donnieme » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 am

Jazz9 wrote:We've got a global health crisis on our hands and people are worried for a UFC fight...

Logs on to a sports forum

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts