OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Re: OT- Khabib, Tony fight going on as planned? 

Post#41 » by Headliner » Wed Apr 1, 2020 11:33 am

REDDzone wrote:Ariel replied to Conor's coach on twitter when he implied that Conor might fight Tony.

I don't think Ariel would have done that if there wasn't at least some discussion of that.

Might also be an epically slow news cycle and he’s trying to create clicks and engagement anyway he can
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by Headliner » Wed Apr 1, 2020 11:35 am

You can’t let Tony fight someone else

He’s already fought the tougher list of guys between him and Khabib. Knocking JG off is just doing more favors for Khabib.
Khabib needs to get more names under his belt, he’s got like two and a few middle men and a ton of scrubs
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#43 » by Dupp » Wed Apr 1, 2020 6:30 pm

How are these guys even staying in shape ? Like how are all these guys gonna be ready for 249 when you can’t ( or not suppose to) even go near another human?
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#44 » by Jasen777 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 6:52 pm

They shouldn't have scheduled the fight so far out.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#46 » by Dupp » Wed Apr 1, 2020 9:49 pm

It’s disappointing but the right thing. Just postpone the whole thing ffs. Hope it doesn’t go ahead with tony fighting someone else
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#47 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 2, 2020 12:56 pm

I woulda let the world burn to see that fight, gotta be honest.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,141
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#48 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Apr 4, 2020 8:39 pm

They really shouldn't be putting people in danger to get this fight done, but I don't believe for a second that Khabib can't get Putin to let him out of Russia.

I don't think he's scared of Tony either though, so I'm not sure why he doesn't want to leave.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Huffman
Senior
And1: 511

Post#49 » by Huffman » Sun Apr 5, 2020 11:53 pm

Would the UFC take heat for having doctors at ringside to attend to fighters while hospitals all over the country are lacking personal to deal with the virus?

What if a fighter actually needs to go to the hospital? Not exactly the first place you want to go and spend a night right now.

Every sport is trying to come up with a way to take advantage of a huge sports starved audience, but taking part in a combat sport seems like a bad idea for everyone involved.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#50 » by Jasen777 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 12:59 am

Huffman wrote:What if a fighter actually needs to go to the hospital? Not exactly the first place you want to go and spend a night right now.

I do think it's irresponsible at this point to give more work to emergency room doctors (and potentially ambulance crews) when you can avoid it.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#51 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:58 pm

Tony vs. Gaethje.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#52 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:59 pm

Also, if you don't like DC. Seriously just lose my f*cking number.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#53 » by Jasen777 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 8:10 pm

I don't think anyone has been UFC interim champion twice (though Arlovski and Barao have defended it). We could be looking at history.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,295

Post#54 » by goodboy » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:17 pm

REDDzone wrote:Also, if you don't like DC. Seriously just lose my f*cking number.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lmao this was gold
Bright
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#55 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Apr 7, 2020 1:09 am

REDDzone wrote:Also, if you don't like DC. Seriously just lose my f*cking number.

Nemesis21 didn't find this funny or charming. He thinks cancer would beat DC in a roast battle.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#56 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Apr 7, 2020 1:37 am

REDDzone wrote:Tony vs. Gaethje.

That's pretty nuts. Tony will have the advantage of insane coniditoning. But, technically, he will have been preparing for an utterly different fighter. He will have been drilling really particular techniques.

No one in the UFC has better hips than JG, his punching fluidity is the best in the sport (DC #2). But he might not have the footwork to deal with Tony's length and ability to switch stances to get that length. Tony's always got a punch on you, even if it's ugly as hell and his head pops up to get it there.

JG's leg kicks. Maybe he just works on them with a high guard.

Amazing.

Still, JG by right hand KO.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Headliner » Tue Apr 7, 2020 11:31 am

Khabib man... so now he doesn’t have to face one of JG or Tony Ferg

The guy has Conor and Dustin as names he beat.
Dear god, fight some guys worth talking about already.

Michael Johnson, RDA, Barbosa and Al are like Dan Hardy level names for GSP, and he was the easiest fight he had. Those are Khabibs 3-6 guys lol
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#58 » by REDDzone » Tue Apr 7, 2020 2:15 pm

Yea, it really sucks to kill one of them off. Would love to see Khabib fight both. JG is not very active and usually only fights twice a year, so gotta think if he loses then we won't see that fight for at least another year and a half. Tony is 36 and not active either.

Dana already said the winner won't be fighting Khabib until September IIRC. So, a year between fights which also sucks.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,887

Post#59 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 5:21 pm

I actually think JG beats Tony. I think JG is a horrible match up for him. Tony seems to get caught at least once every time in a fight, JG is not the kind of guy you want to get caught with. He also is a stud wrestler and hard to take down.

I wish both guys said no to this fight because I wanted to see Khabib get tested by both guys. But I'm also worried that Tony loses and we seriously never see a Khabib/Tony fight.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#60 » by REDDzone » Tue Apr 7, 2020 6:03 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I actually think JG beats Tony. I think JG is a horrible match up for him. Tony seems to get caught at least once every time in a fight, JG is not the kind of guy you want to get caught with. He also is a stud wrestler and hard to take down.

I wish both guys said no to this fight because I wanted to see Khabib get tested by both guys. But I'm also worried that Tony loses and we seriously never see a Khabib/Tony fight.

I agree with you. Tony getting dropped by Lando and Anthony doesn't bode well for him. JG is another animal entirely.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts