Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Who wins the fight? Zion or McGregor

Zion in KO
25%
McGregor in KO
75%

Total votes: 658

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Re: Back Alley brawl: Zion vs McGregor who wins? 

Post#1121 » by Susan » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

General board casuals = dudes on elevator
B&MMA Die Hards = Rashad
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#1122 » by jimmybones » Mon Mar 8, 2021 3:46 pm

This is like asking which of them would win a one on one basketball game. If anyone truly believes the basketball player wouldn't get 1st round KTFO against the elite professional MMA fighters that also happened to stand toe to toe with one of the greatest boxers of all the time. :lol: You aren't comprehending how incredibly skilled strikers are at their craft.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#1123 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:26 pm

This is way more interesting to think about than it should be.

McGregor could crack that chin, but his best chance against a much larger opponent with limited fighting experience is going to be leg kicks. So I guess I'm picturing Zion rushing in just trying to get ahold of him to do damage with grappling while McGregor tries to create distance and chop the legs down on the way in. I think Zion just gets ahold of him and lays on in and literally kills him but who knows. Would I pay to see it? Absolutely.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1124 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:03 pm

You don't need to crack him on the chin or chop down his legs. You just need to give him one hard bop or one well-targeted shot to the leg. The second he realizes the speed and ease with which he can get hit, he's going to cower. People turn when they are hit hard or start flailing and trying to reach for the strikes.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#1125 » by Susan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:This is way more interesting to think about than it should be.

McGregor could crack that chin, but his best chance against a much larger opponent with limited fighting experience is going to be leg kicks. So I guess I'm picturing Zion rushing in just trying to get ahold of him to do damage with grappling while McGregor tries to create distance and chop the legs down on the way in. I think Zion just gets ahold of him and lays on in and literally kills him but who knows. Would I pay to see it? Absolutely.

Would I pay for this thread to be deleted from the internet for all of eternity? Absolutely.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1126 » by REDDzone » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Susan wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:This is way more interesting to think about than it should be.

Would I pay for this thread to be deleted from the internet for all of eternity? Absolutely.

Deleting this thread doesn't change the fact that such ignorance on this topic exists. The thread is just one spotlight by which said ignorance is viewed.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#1127 » by East Bay Sports » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:47 am

cowboyronnie wrote:You don't need to crack him on the chin or chop down his legs. You just need to give him one hard bop or one well-targeted shot to the leg. The second he realizes the speed and ease with which he can get hit, he's going to cower. People turn when they are hit hard or start flailing and trying to reach for the strikes.
Maybe he cowers or maybe he grabs hold of him and lays on top. You are sleeping on the size differential and athleticism level of Zion. It isn't your average untrained bloke
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#1128 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:57 am

This thread just won’t die and it’s the people that clearly have no clue what they’re talking about that keeps bringing it back up.
web123888
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#1129 » by web123888 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:36 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:OK - I know this clip doesn't mean anything, but do you not see that if they were not play fighting, that the mountain would have destroyed him the moment he got a hold of him and put his weight on top him. . . Conor slips a couple times, but they're clearly screwing around (both ways, I know).

There's actually a lot of examples of big dudes getting wrecked (take a look at UFC 1 and some of the very early cards with these freak matchups), that's not my argument. BUT the height/weight/strength difference is never that drastic as it would be with Zion/Conor.

Anyway - I'm just not convinced. :-?

What is the line then? There is video of Roger Huerta (pretty much identical size to Conor) in a street fight with a former Division 1 linebacker who weight 250 pounds and the football players ends up out cold on the pavement.

not sure what on earth you're rambling about.

there are videos of conor and huerta sized mma fighters and bjj black belts/wrestlers who have been sent to their graveyards on the streets. in real life the average shmoe would MURDER someone like conor mcgregor or roger huerta. there are swords, knives, guns and weapons. mma fighers are not elite physical specimens or supreme physical athletes by any possible measure.

real life isn't a cage fight or in a ring with rules.

i've seen wrestling state champions and bjj fighters literally killed on the streets cus they have zero chance once people start to smash their brains in with a metal crowbar or put a couple hot bullets in them. :crazy:
web123888
Freshman

Post#1130 » by web123888 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:38 pm

Pg81 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Pg81 wrote:
A blind bumbling charge will result with a knee or a fist landing squarely in Zion's face face. If that is a good clean hit the Zion is out in less than a second.

If he doesn't get that knee he's done.

Not really. We see Gracie on the ground with Akebono on him and he was still winning. Just because you get someone on the ground does not give you the win.

uhh... no shii ??

mcgregor would be basically the WORST athlete in the NBA by far. in real life someone would kill mcgregor in less than 10 seconds with a bat or a gun. he would literally get plowed through, blown by, jumped over, out conditioned, out sprinted, out jumped, crossed up by far superior athletes.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,313

Post#1131 » by DCasey91 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:14 pm

Assuming Zion doesn’t know to fight and fwiw most basketball players don’t then yes Conor would 100% kill him.

Size does not matter at all if you have no clue what’s coming and you have no clue yourself

Seen it happen a couple of times when one is completely out of their depth

On the field too. Huge Baynes looking 6”11 guy ruffing up a wirey small bloke. Halftime starts jumper punching him.... not to 2 seconds later gives him a 3 piece, this big guy head first into the ground eyes looking into a different dimension. Ambos come half an hour halt to the game

Saw him around the gym before and saw him box too.

People especially men with egos or worse, ones that have never actually been in a proper fight and is an adult or young is the worst possible scenario imaginable.

It goes like this:

1. Guy can properly fight, other guy can’t.
2. Guy thinks he can fight, been in some scraps but then picks on a guy who can properly belt him
3. Both can fight

4. The only saving grace is if both can’t fight. Conor can not only fight he was one of the best in world and isn’t old at all.

Seen them all and they all end really really badly the longer it goes for the first 3.

Also I’ve met Conor. I’m slightly taller with a similar build. But he has gigantic hands and a long wingspan. Big shoulders too. Massive head lol. Dude looks more like a chimp. He has bricklaying hands
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#1132 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:29 pm

web123888 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:OK - I know this clip doesn't mean anything, but do you not see that if they were not play fighting, that the mountain would have destroyed him the moment he got a hold of him and put his weight on top him. . . Conor slips a couple times, but they're clearly screwing around (both ways, I know).

There's actually a lot of examples of big dudes getting wrecked (take a look at UFC 1 and some of the very early cards with these freak matchups), that's not my argument. BUT the height/weight/strength difference is never that drastic as it would be with Zion/Conor.

Anyway - I'm just not convinced. :-?

What is the line then? There is video of Roger Huerta (pretty much identical size to Conor) in a street fight with a former Division 1 linebacker who weight 250 pounds and the football players ends up out cold on the pavement.

there are videos of conor and huerta sized mma fighters and bjj black belts/wrestlers who have been sent to their graveyards on the streets. in real life the average shmoe would MURDER someone like conor mcgregor or roger huerta. there are swords, knives, guns and weapons. mma fighers are not elite physical specimens or supreme physical athletes by any possible measure.

i've seen wrestling state champions and bjj fighters literally killed on the streets cus they have zero chance once people start to smash their brains in with a metal crowbar or put a couple hot bullets in them. :crazy:

You bumped a year old thread to say pro MMA and wrestling champions can lose street fights if someone uses a weapon or even shoots them. Thank you for the insight…
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#1133 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:13 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
web123888 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:What is the line then? There is video of Roger Huerta (pretty much identical size to Conor) in a street fight with a former Division 1 linebacker who weight 250 pounds and the football players ends up out cold on the pavement.

You bumped a year old thread to say pro MMA and wrestling champions can lose street fights if someone uses a weapon or even shoots them. Thank you for the insight…

There are weight divisions for a reason. MMA fighers who are honest and open about it (e.g. Sean O'Malley), will tell you that they wouldnt have a chance against a dude that big in a box.
web123888
Freshman

Post#1134 » by web123888 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:02 am

DCasey91 wrote:Assuming Zion doesn’t know to fight and fwiw most basketball players don’t then yes Conor would 100% kill him.

Size does not matter at all if you have no clue what’s coming and you have no clue yourself

Seen it happen a couple of times when one is completely out of their depth

On the field too. Huge Baynes looking 6”11 guy ruffing up a wirey small bloke. Halftime starts jumper punching him.... not to 2 seconds later gives him a 3 piece, this big guy head first into the ground eyes looking into a different dimension. Ambos come half an hour halt to the game

Saw him around the gym before and saw him box too.

People especially men with egos or worse, ones that have never actually been in a proper fight and is an adult or young is the worst possible scenario imaginable.

It goes like this:

1. Guy can properly fight, other guy can’t.
2. Guy thinks he can fight, been in some scraps but then picks on a guy who can properly belt him
3. Both can fight

4. The only saving grace is if both can’t fight. Conor can not only fight he was one of the best in world and isn’t old at all.

Seen them all and they all end really really badly the longer it goes for the first 3.

Also I’ve met Conor. I’m slightly taller with a similar build. But he has gigantic hands and a long wingspan. Big shoulders too. Massive head lol. Dude looks more like a chimp. He has bricklaying hands

And assuming it's prime Conor McGregor or any elite UFC fighter/wrestler/BJJ fighter, he would get absolutely dominated physically on an NBA court by far, far far superior athletes. He'd get jumped over, dunked on, boxed out, posted up, out-sprinted and have zero chance with a vastly inferior physical set of attributes including pitiful vertical jump, lateral quickness, explosiveness, conditioning, etc.

As a very unathletic person myself, I casually train in MMA/wrestling because it requires significantly less innate physical ability and natural athleticism.

In a real life fight on the streets, Conor McGregor would get literally killed. Nobody fears MMA fighters in the real world - they can easily be tased or beaten to a pulp with any type of weapon imaginable. There's countless of stories and videos of professional fighters getting massacred by weapon wielding folk. :crazy: :crazy:
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1135 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:16 pm

What about if Conner had a bazooka, though? What then? Shoulder-launched rocket to Zion's face, does he win?

What about if Conner then took that bazooka to the basketball court? You think Zion so good at dribbling now?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1136 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:19 pm

"I casually train in MMA / wrestling"

Casual MMA

Where you spend 5 minutes being pursued in a cage by a trained fighter, but casually.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1137 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:54 am

Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1138 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:35 pm

That's most illuminating in terms of how little Americans know about chimps.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,813

Post#1139 » by jc23 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:57 pm

Former 135 champion Demetrious Johnson going up against a 250 pound opponent in a jujitsu match. Obviously no striking involved but it does show the difference in skill.

Here you got the great Gordon Ryan giving up probably 150 pounds to the strongman champion Thor

If it went to the ground Zion would eventually get choked out. Standing he would have a punchers chance but id imagine Connor would just leg kick his calf until he could no longer stand.
Be curious, Not judgmental

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts