Mike Tyson Making Comeback

Moderator: lilfishi22

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Re: Mike Tyson Making Comeback 

Post#21 » by Papi_swav » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:03 am

Tyson clearly won that fight easily. Roy was trying to survive, dude needed an oxygen mask. But whatever it's an exhibition anyway. Tyson looks like he still got some in the tank. I want to see him fight Wilder lol
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#22 » by JohnPferdelack » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:40 am

It seems that they (promoters) only wanted another match...
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#23 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 am

It was super suspicious that you couldn't find any footage of Nate Robinson training online. Like a few 1-2 second clips of him hitting a heavy bag. This was him a month or two ago. And he looked like a complete novice. His handlers let him down allowing him to take this. Jake Paul is really fluid for a big man, he moves like a boxer.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#24 » by AirCanadaMouse » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:08 am

In a way, I'm glad Nate got knocked down. This whole "i'm an athlete" so clearly that makes me tougher than you bravado has to done. I remember getting so mad just reading on RealGM how people thought Draymond Green could beat up Conor based on size and him just being a pro athlete.

Yes, Nate was giving up a lot of size, but there were still many people who doubted Paul, because Robinson is more of an athlete than he is.

News flash, growing up in the hood doesn't mean you can fight. You are not as tough as you think you are. You need to take up any sort of martial art and train if you want to be able to say you can even take care of yourself in a street fight. People who don't train hate when this is said, they want to think they're as tough as the persona they front, but you aren't.

Ref did Nate dirty, but in a way, the sacrifice had to be made. Moving on now.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#25 » by Jasen777 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:26 am

AirCanadaMouse wrote:Yes, Nate was giving up a lot of size, but there were still many people who doubted Paul, because Robinson is more of an athlete than he is.

I assumed Robinson must had trained a bit. Apparently he did, but not enough to be in a boxing match with literally anyone.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#26 » by AirCanadaMouse » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:42 am

Jasen777 wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:Yes, Nate was giving up a lot of size, but there were still many people who doubted Paul, because Robinson is more of an athlete than he is.

I assumed Robinson must had trained a bit. Apparently he did, but not enough to be in a boxing match with literally anyone.

He hit the pads, but there is no chance this guy did any sort of proper sparring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Clutch0z24
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#27 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:46 pm

He didn't even have basic movements down. In what little training footage there was, he looked like ****. He clearly thought he was just going to rush Paul with power and strength.

Why did his trainers allow this, though? They had to know better.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#28 » by REDDzone » Wed Dec 2, 2020 2:43 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:In a way, I'm glad Nate got knocked down. This whole "i'm an athlete" so clearly that makes me tougher than you bravado has to done. I remember getting so mad just reading on RealGM how people thought Draymond Green could beat up Conor based on size and him just being a pro athlete.

Yes, Nate was giving up a lot of size, but there were still many people who doubted Paul, because Robinson is more of an athlete than he is.

News flash, growing up in the hood doesn't mean you can fight. You are not as tough as you think you are. You need to take up any sort of martial art and train if you want to be able to say you can even take care of yourself in a street fight. People who don't train hate when this is said, they want to think they're as tough as the persona they front, but you aren't.

Everytime I see someone argue an NBA player can beat a fighter at fighting, not only does it immediately tell me that person doesn't trane but also makes me wonder if, despite posting on an NBA board, if they have ever even watched the NBA?

NBA players are literally the worst group of fighters I've ever seen.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,019

Post#29 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 9:20 pm

REDDzone wrote:
AirCanadaMouse wrote:In a way, I'm glad Nate got knocked down. This whole "i'm an athlete" so clearly that makes me tougher than you bravado has to done. I remember getting so mad just reading on RealGM how people thought Draymond Green could beat up Conor based on size and him just being a pro athlete.

Everytime I see someone argue an NBA player can beat a fighter at fighting, not only does it immediately tell me that person doesn't trane but also makes me wonder if, despite posting on an NBA board, if they have ever even watched the NBA?

NBA players are literally the worst group of fighters I've ever seen.

But haven't you heard, these guys are such superior athletes, all it would take is a few weeks of training and that would be enough for them to beat professional fighters...
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#30 » by REDDzone » Wed Dec 2, 2020 10:02 pm

^^ LOL, I do think being uber athletic raises the ceiling on a fight career. That seems obvious. A few weeks is clearly nonsense though, and its especially nonsense that these guys could just walk into a cage for the first time ever and beat professionals.

If the incentives were higher, and the risks lower (or maybe the second part isn't even necessary), the UFC roster would look a lot different IMO.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#31 » by Headliner » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:06 am

Askren vs Jake Paul?
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#32 » by Jasen777 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:29 am

REDDzone wrote:NBA players are literally the worst group of fighters I've ever seen.

Baseball players giving them some competition at least.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#33 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:59 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:NBA players are literally the worst group of fighters I've ever seen.

Baseball players giving them some competition at least.

I don't know, man. Baseball players learn how to use their hips.

That's not too distant from actual baseball movement.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,019

Post#34 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 6:13 pm

Headliner wrote:Askren vs Jake Paul?

Boxing or MMA? I would hope no place would sanction that fight if it was MMA.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Headliner » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:07 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Headliner wrote:Askren vs Jake Paul?

Boxing or MMA? I would hope no place would sanction that fight if it was MMA.

Boxing
Askren challenged Logan Paul TJ a wrestling match after Logan called him out

Now jake called him out in a boxing match

Normally I’d laugh and say the YouTube guy would die, but Askren might have the absolutely worst stand up game in the history of mma lol
I have no idea if he Can even punch
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#36 » by REDDzone » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:35 pm

It's funny that the most realistic boxing matches for the Paul brothers are Askren and Danis who are the two dudes from MMA that they might actually beat lol.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Headliner » Fri Dec 4, 2020 6:08 pm

REDDzone wrote:It's funny that the most realistic boxing matches for the Paul brothers are Askren and Danis who are the two dudes from MMA that they might actually beat lol.

I would die inside if Askren lost to a Paul.
I feel like he might actually accept it. The money might not be too bad and the recognition would be huge. It would Increase his online followers by a million and he’s kinda about that life now.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#38 » by High 5 » Sat Dec 5, 2020 12:10 am

I have never seen Jake Paul box except for that KO, but that's honestly enough for me to pick him over Askren. I was watching some "highlights" of Askren's striking the other day and for a brief moment I felt like even I could kick his ass.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts