UFC 257: McNugget Vs Poirier + Hooker vs Chandler

Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

UFC 257: McNugget Vs Poirier + Hooker vs Chandler 

Post#1 » by Dupp » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 pm

Who you got? Hoping Dustin and Hooker win. At the very least hope Conor and Dustin goes 5 rounds.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,906

Re: UFC 257: McNugget Vs Poirier + Hooker vs Chandler 

Post#2 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 pm

I really enjoyed Conor's rise to the top. Highly entertaining and he had that aura. Lost a lot of respect for him though, like everybody else, when his antics just turned into mindless stupidity. I think Khabib would stomp him again no matter what kind of shape he is in but that if McGregor is focused, as he appears to be, he can take out anyone else including Dustin. I'm not cheering for him to win like i would have before but i'd still put my money on him.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#3 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Dustin will have to make it an ugly fight to have a chance I think. Seems like he usually comes out on top of those, to his credit.

If it ends early, or stays at a distance, I think Conor has a good chance of finishing him again.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,196

Post#4 » by duppyy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:33 pm

I see McNugget winning this.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,006

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 pm

I seem to do this for every Dustin fight and it seems to always bite me in the ass, but I don’t see him winning this one. I think Conor gets him out in the 2nd or 3rd.

I also have Chandler over Hooker
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#6 » by Dupp » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:41 pm

On a side note if anyone wants to pm their go to stream link it’d be much appreciated. I’ll be away from civilisation and crack streams seems to play up a bit lately.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#7 » by Susan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:55 pm

Dupp wrote:On a side note if anyone wants to pm their go to stream link it’d be much appreciated. I’ll be away from civilisation and crack streams seems to play up a bit lately.

Get off the crack and get buff.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#8 » by spykelee » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 am

Uncle Dana got a surprise coming for all you illegal streamers, so he claims anyways

Sent from my SM-N975W using RealGM mobile app
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#9 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:14 am

spykelee wrote:Uncle Dana got a surprise coming for all you illegal streamers, so he claims anyways

Cheaper legal viewing options and more stacked cards?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 am

Jasen777 wrote:
spykelee wrote:Uncle Dana got a surprise coming for all you illegal streamers, so he claims anyways

Cheaper legal viewing options and more stacked cards?

Seriously this. I used to buy almost every card back in the day and when the card is stacked I still buy it (I bought the Justin vs Tony card).

Hell instead of having 3 cards in 1 week, put Chiesa vs Magny on this 257 card and Im probably buying it. I would be down to buy a card with Conor, Dustin, Hooker, Chandler, Chiesa and Magny. And ya that doesnt even bring up the fact I need an ESPN+ subscription and the PPV price is still 69 bucks on top of that.

The UFC seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. They seem to have outgrown the "event sport" where they would focus on just a few stacked PPVs every year. But they arent a normal sport either because they have the complete opposite business model of every regular sport (put your best product out on free TV as much as possible and the lesser stuff is paid for).

So now theyre kind of just in this mix of the two where, they still want to be an event sport where you pay for the PPV, but they also want to be like a weekly regular sport as well, which means they water down their cards which means theyre rarely "event" worthy.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#11 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:53 am

Duke4life831 wrote:So now theyre kind of just in this mix of the two where, they still want to be an event sport where you pay for the PPV, but they also want to be like a weekly regular sport as well, which means they water down their cards which means theyre rarely "event" worthy.

I assume this make the UFC owners the most money, but I really wish they had done differently. I think they sport would be in a much better place if they put everything on free TV and had fewer, more stacked cards.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:01 am

Jasen777 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:So now theyre kind of just in this mix of the two where, they still want to be an event sport where you pay for the PPV, but they also want to be like a weekly regular sport as well, which means they water down their cards which means theyre rarely "event" worthy.

I assume this make the UFC owners the most money, but I really wish they had done differently. I think they sport would be in a much better place if they put everything on free TV and had fewer, more stacked cards.

Here is the thing, I think if they truly want the sport to take the next step, they need guys like Conor/Izzy/Khabib/Stipe and so on, on free TV. If you want to try and get someone to watch the NBA for the first time, you have them watch a game with LeBron or one of the elites. You dont have them tune into a Wizards vs Timberwolves game haha.

Ya I think they need to go full on become a sport and put their big names on free TV. Or cut out a few PPV cards and a couple free TV cards, so the free TV cards are better and the PPV cards are legit stacked 5 fight cards again.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,196

Post#13 » by duppyy » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Anybody else find that Connor laugh at the end of the promo's for the fight very cringe? They did it for the cerrone fight as well. I think the UFC finds it menacing but I just laugh at it every time I hear it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#14 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Poirier seems like such a nice, decent guy. Conor's wins are usually merciful in terms of abuse dished-out, there's that.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#15 » by Susan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:57 pm

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#16 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:19 pm

I can't see Dustin surviving a round. One hope is him wrestle-******* Conor but that's not going to happen in the first round or two (if ever). That arm-punching of Dustin somehow has led to him being able to beat excellent strikes but no one with Conor's movement. Dustin's strategy is going to have to be so damn reactive, even in Camp. Stopping Conor from the things he can do (and has done to Dustin himself). Conor does not have anywhere near the pressure to catch up or close a technical gap. Where that is precisely what Dustin has had to be scrambling to do.

This, by all lights, should be an easy night. Conor gets to knock-off a top 5 LW.

edit: Dustin does have a good jab. But against a fellow southpaw? With the foot movement and length of Conor? I don't see it.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#17 » by Headliner » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:15 pm

I like Dustin, and I like Conor’s new persona. He’s been really respectable his last two fights.
I think he knows he went too far down the rabbit hole both in his tactics vs Khabib and in his personal life.
Now mind you he’s probably still an ****, but so are 90% of nba players and athletes in general. So I’ll hope he turned a new leaf and got himself clean and is actually trying.

That said if he wins tonight ans Khabib is in attendance I expect some low brow **** and my opinion to fade again.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#18 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:13 am

Alright prelims on top now. Lets see some exciting awesome fights!

Lets see if my stream holds up during main event for the PPV.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#19 » by gigantes » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:17 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:

Here is the thing, I think if they truly want the sport to take the next step, they need guys like Conor/Izzy/Khabib/Stipe and so on, on free TV. If you want to try and get someone to watch the NBA for the first time, you have them watch a game with LeBron or one of the elites. You dont have them tune into a Wizards vs Timberwolves game haha.

Ya I think they need to go full on become a sport and put their big names on free TV. Or cut out a few PPV cards and a couple free TV cards, so the free TV cards are better and the PPV cards are legit stacked 5 fight cards again.

Problem is, Dana and the UFC remain to this day, paranoid, neurotic a-holes about letting the smallest bit of their content go public.

I mean, shutting down streamers and fight-archivers is one thing, but many of the little bits and video snippets people share are arguably great at building interest value in the sport, yet Dana and the legal dept tend to treat them all the same. Everyone sharing anything at all must be shut down ASAP. Naturally, with any & all legal action possible, as a follow-up. Basically, either we pay their exorbitant card fees or we're just criminals to them.

Meanwhile, from what I've heard, even people paying for Fight Pass still have to deal with a confusing mess of an interface, with the video quality being far below where it should be from even five years ago.

What with all this stuff, and the fighters still being chronically underpaid, and the problem of CTE only painfully, grudgingly being taken -somewhat- seriously by the UFC, it really is more clear than ever that the core of their business model is fundamentally a scam.

At the same time, they do employ the best fighters on the whole, so... they truly do got us where it counts, I guess. :/
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#20 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:50 am

This last prelim fight is good. Exciting & back & forth

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts