The OFFICIAL Paul Brothers Boxing Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: The OFFICIAL Paul Brothers Boxing Thread 

Post#221 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:05 pm

Everyone thinks boxing is corrupt as ****, an exploitative sport that chews up its fighters. They're not wrong. But the dark **** is not when, like, Tim Bradley is given a victory over Pacquiao. Or when Canelo is let skate on a tainted beef excuse. That's nothing. It's the industry of 'opponents', where tiny little fish pad the records of slightly bigger fish who pad the records of slightly bigger fish, etc. so that actual, big money prospects can swim in and get to 15-0 without ever facing serious competition.

Those tiny / little fish are flown in from around the developing world for, literally, $300-500 paydays. If that. And if the promoters even pay them. A friend once went on a trip to a certain island nation for 4 fights in 14 days, to pad his early career record. The guys he fought got paid $100/each. All of whom he KOd. One guy came up to him on the beach a couple days afterwards and said, "you been paid yet?" My friend had. But the promoter evidently was going to stiff this opponent entirely. Meaning, the opponent got KOd for not one single dime. My friend would have been 7-0 or something after the trip.

So the idea that Jake Paul is doing something suspect is all wrong. This might be **the most respectable early career ever** (Lomachenko too, I guess). Everyone has gotten paid and he's fighting opponents who are duly matched with respect to where he is in his career.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#222 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:06 pm

REDDzone wrote:LOL of course Tyron is real thirsty for a rematch, and of course Jake Paul won't grant it even if Tyron gets it tatted across his forehead. There's no upside for JP, and Tyron won't ever get another money fight.

What about if Tyron promises that *this time* he's really pissed off and determined?
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#223 » by Headliner » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:10 pm

Who’s next?
Nate? Masdival? They all have contracts. Nate needs to get like 3 fights in ASAP lol
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#224 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:11 pm

Also, I think Paul looked like ****. He had looked relatively fluid early in his career. He was on some GGG undercard, I think, and I remember thinking 'oh man, this guy has a sense of how to move'. But I think he's just about at ceiling. The moment that Tyron got in there and started to change levels (which Tyron did for only the first couple minutes), you could see Jake stiffen right up. I don't know how much more talent is left to tap. His footwork was a mess too. If he didn't have the size advantage and the most complacent fighter of all time in front of him, he would have been KOd.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,760

Post#225 » by spykelee » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:23 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:LOL of course Tyron is real thirsty for a rematch, and of course Jake Paul won't grant it even if Tyron gets it tatted across his forehead. There's no upside for JP, and Tyron won't ever get another money fight.

What about if Tyron promises that *this time* he's really pissed off and determined?
Maybe we can get "the best" BJ Penn ever
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#226 » by Dupp » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Headliner wrote:Who’s next?
Nate? Masdival? They all have contracts. Nate needs to get like 3 fights in ASAP lol

Actually think this is why nate was saying he wants to fight 3 times this year. Obviously he won’t get 3 now but he was sa I got.

Not for jake specially just for an opportunity like this to make bank.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#227 » by radeonboy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:09 am

radeonboy wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:Surprised Paul didn't put him away easy. He'll have to be really careful with his next opponent selection.

Woodley made Paul question his fight future. I'm gonna go crazy and predict he stops fighting LOL.

I told you so? :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#228 » by Susan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:28 am

radeonboy wrote:
radeonboy wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:Surprised Paul didn't put him away easy. He'll have to be really careful with his next opponent selection.

Woodley made Paul question his fight future. I'm gonna go crazy and predict he stops fighting LOL.

I told you so? :lol: :lol:

Read on Twitter

How many times has Conor retired? He's stolen a lot from Mac's smack talking game and we know to believe nothing these guys say as face value. It's all noise to keep themselves relevant.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#229 » by Dupp » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:55 am

Paul gave away 1 mil from his purse to the other fighters on the card besides fury. Gave Woodley 220k, Serrano 500k and just everyone else like 30 and 50 k. Dubois declined 50k because friend with fury. **** that.

Jack Paul’s crusade to improve fighter pay continues, what a guy.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#230 » by radeonboy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:15 pm

Let Woodley fight in a rematch, but Paul is apparently retired/backed out.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/8/31/22650209/salaries-tyron-woodley-jake-paul-earn-millions-career-high-purse-former-ufc-champ-mma-boxing-news

MMA Junkie has revealed that both Paul and Woodley earned a $2 million purse for the fight. And it should be noted that this purse does not include Paul and Woodley’s cut from pay-per-view sales, which are expected to be significant.

According to MMA Payout, Woodley’s combined UFC career earnings is an estimated $4,874,425. That figure is calculated based on purses, fight night bonuses and endorsement money. It does not include pay-per-view points that Woodley may have received during his reign as welterweight champion.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#231 » by Jasen777 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 12:28 am

radeonboy wrote:Let Woodley fight in a rematch, but Paul is apparently retired/backed out.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/8/31/22650209/salaries-tyron-woodley-jake-paul-earn-millions-career-high-purse-former-ufc-champ-mma-boxing-news

MMA Junkie has revealed that both Paul and Woodley earned a $2 million purse for the fight. And it should be noted that this purse does not include Paul and Woodley’s cut from pay-per-view sales, which are expected to be significant.

According to MMA Payout, Woodley’s combined UFC career earnings is an estimated $4,874,425. That figure is calculated based on purses, fight night bonuses and endorsement money. It does not include pay-per-view points that Woodley may have received during his reign as welterweight champion.

Woodley probably matched his career MMA earnings... Wished he would have thrown a bit more in the fight.
Susan
RealGM

Post#232 » by Susan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 2:59 am

Read on Twitter
Susan
RealGM

Post#233 » by Susan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:01 am

Jasen777 wrote:
radeonboy wrote:Let Woodley fight in a rematch, but Paul is apparently retired/backed out.

Woodley probably matched his career MMA earnings... Wished he would have thrown a bit more in the fight.

THIS IS A WORK. It was close enough to get people to watch and look at us, we're still talking about it.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#234 » by Jasen777 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:13 am

Susan wrote:THIS IS A WORK. It was close enough to get people to watch and look at us, we're still talking about it.

I am talking about it. But I didn't actually watch it, live or otherwise. I also read about it...
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#235 » by Jasen777 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:14 am

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

I was naive. I thought this would take 2 months.
Susan
RealGM

Post#236 » by Susan » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:18 am

Jasen777 wrote:
Susan wrote:THIS IS A WORK. It was close enough to get people to watch and look at us, we're still talking about it.

I am talking about it. But I didn't actually watch it, live or otherwise. I also read about it...

This thread is more active this week than the UFC thread has been in the past 2 moths and half of this thread are new posters.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#237 » by Jasen777 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:32 am

Susan wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:

This thread is more active this week than the UFC thread has been in the past 2 moths and half of this thread are new posters.

I wasn't denying that it worked, just that I watched it.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#238 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:50 am

Jasen777 wrote:

That’s so **** up.... ufc pay is so trash
Dupp
RealGM

Post#239 » by Dupp » Wed Sep 1, 2021 3:57 am

So I was catching up on mma hour and caugh woodleys one on one interview with Ariel before the fight. Man, dude was so confident. Looking and feeling good. No big weight cut. Honestly sounded like the best he’s felt coming into a fight since he first started fighting.

Unfortunately it didn’t pan out. Not sure what else he could do. Apparently he was fitter than ever too. He just doesn’t have the combos and confidence to let fly. Jab, right cross. Very basic stuff. His jab isn’t even threatening so really there’s only on punc to worry about for jake.

Anyway. I never watched Woodley when he was champ so can someone explain to me how he was champion and so good? I’ve seen all his recent losses since usman and nothing really before. Like what changed? Did he decline in certain areas? Because watching him fight he doesn’t give a former champ vibe with his skill set or heart for lack of a better word.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#240 » by REDDzone » Wed Sep 1, 2021 1:46 pm

Woodley even pulled a few Woodley's while he was champ.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts