UFC March 27th - Stipe vs Francis, Ortega vs Volk

Moderator: lilfishi22

Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,237

Re: UFC March 27th - Stipe vs Francis, Ortega vs Volk 

Post#141 » by Mehar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:59 pm

REDDzone wrote:Did Jones really ask for $30 million? I don't consume a lot of mma content anymore so if that's true I totally missed it. There's no way Dana pays that. Obviously what these guys make is kind of a mystery but didn't it come out once that Anderson Silva was making $4 million when he was on his undefeated streak? $30 million seems unrealistic in the UFC.

This was last May. Dana said he had text messages from Jon to prove it. Conor got around 30 Million for the Khabib fight (it was reported on Twitter, due to the high PPV buy rate and Conor's percentage he negotiated). He made around 15-20 million for the Cerrone and Poirier fights (factoring in PPV).

So, Jones wanted 30 Million to fight Francis last May in a non-title fight. Not sure how much he wants now. It will probably be a pretty ridiculous amount, and the UFC will say no thanks, and then probably go ahead to book Lewis vs. Ngannou 2.

Jones then could save face and say he is leaving MMA, and blame Dana for not making the fight happen. He can then say it was not up to him to make the fight happen. He can find another scapegoat for his situation, for his refusal to fight Francis. He can then try WWE or movie roles, with his new physique, and leave MMA "undefeated".
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#142 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:18 pm

I really don't think he's leaving MMA.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#143 » by Dupp » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:27 pm

REDDzone wrote:Did Jones really ask for $30 million? I don't consume a lot of mma content anymore so if that's true I totally missed it. There's no way Dana pays that. Obviously what these guys make is kind of a mystery but didn't it come out once that Anderson Silva was making $4 million when he was on his undefeated streak? $30 million seems unrealistic in the UFC.

Dana said Jon did and Jon said I never said a specific figure.

This was back when he vacated the title. Dana lies enough for me to automatically side with Jon. Just recently he tried to say rose and Whitaker didn’t want title shots when neither said that. He’s a pos.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#144 » by Headliner » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:18 pm

Jones is the greatest fighter of all time, and Dana is scumbagging him.

GSP is the second greatest fighter of all time, and Dana scumbags him.

Conor is the greatest money generator in mma history and Dana Scum bagged him last year.

Khabib was brilliant by leaving early, Dana was just waiting to dance on his grave like all the other great fighters
Dupp
RealGM

Post#145 » by Dupp » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 pm

True just look at how Dana treated gsp. Dude stole his belt. He’s a trash person.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#146 » by Susan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:24 am

I hate Jon and think he's an all time **** but I'd forever back him over Dana. Pay him and give us our **** fight.

GSP/Khabib needed to happen, don't mess this one up too.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#147 » by Dupp » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:19 am

So everyone agrees. Jon’s a massive douche but Dana is way worse and a scum. Great.

Dana not lettin gsp come back to fight Khabib was so dumb. Dudes so petty.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#148 » by Dupp » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:14 am

In related news looks like Jon deleted a lot of tweets today. Asking to be released and **** like that.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#149 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:36 pm

Dupp wrote:In related news looks like Jon deleted a lot of tweets today. Asking to be released and **** like that.

On the "Is Jon going to be a pussy" war, updated score is: CBR: 1, NO-KG: 0

This better be leverage.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM

Post#150 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:36 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
Dupp wrote:In related news looks like Jon deleted a lot of tweets today. Asking to be released and **** like that.

On the "Is Jon going to be a pussy" war, updated score is: CBR: 1, NO-KG: 0

This better be leverage.

Sound like he wants like 20 mil. Big jump from what he got last fight. I doubt ufc give him what he wants.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#151 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 1, 2021 2:53 pm

I don't think he's a pussy. I just think Jon has to be able to picture in his mind some viable way to beat Ngannou. And there's just nothing. He might be able to pick him apart from the outside but that's a tall order when Francis can throw complete spam punches in ridiculous combinations.

Jon is a guy who controls and dominates and sets his pace. Psychologically, it's clearly important to him. It's so important that sometimes he just loses his mind in the flow of it (against Smith). So if Ngannou were, like, a 260 pound Hendo, that would be one thing. Avoid the right hand. Stipe? He's a tall boxer. DC is doing all that hand-fighting stuff. Jon would know what he has to avoid. But what do you do to pick apart a guy who can fling punches from anywhere? Try your knee stomps, Francis can KO you with a shovel punch while his front leg is hyper-extended.

There's nothing like it. Jon doesn't want it.

I don't think the fight will happen.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#152 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#153 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:42 pm

Jones doesn’t have any doubts he can beat Francis that’s ridiculous. Dude wants to be paid right for the first time in his career.

Dude started this talk over a year ago. He’s great been paid trash his whole career. One of the many fighters the ufc has taken advantage of.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#154 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:03 am

No, man, there are articles on Jones's patterns tweeting after events. They are to keep him in the media and an orchestrated strategy. Dude barely ever fights yet his **** talk with MWs and HWs is constantly making headlines.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#155 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:23 am

And? He can still beat all of them and he still wants to be paid.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#156 » by Dupp » Fri Apr 2, 2021 7:51 am

Read on Twitter

April fools :(
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#157 » by Headliner » Sat Apr 3, 2021 11:35 am

Jones biggest mistake was he laid his cards on the table regarding career timeline.
He said he had a couple fights left and then hanging up.

That’s a dead asset to Dana. He now has a deadline to pull some highlander moves and give Jones’ shine to someone else.

It’s Dana’s Mo, Khabib a S GSP played it the best. Khabib was young and said he was retiring but teased it so Dana tagged along and couldn’t kill him. GSP just straight lied and played Dana, but it cost him the Khabib fight because Dana is a bitter loser.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts