UFC 263: Five douches and a kid named Moreno

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Re: UFC 263: Five douches and a kid named Moreno 

Post#41 » by Susan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:17 pm

agentofatlas wrote:There's a lot of Linkin Park tonight lol

Demian is 43 so he gets a pass, the NZ boys (Riddell/Izzy) played it in memory of their recently murdered training partner.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/5/24/22450943/city-kickboxing-fau-vake-passes-away-after-suspected-coward-punch-attack-mma-new-zealand-news
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#42 » by Los_29 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:06 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Israel is obviously very talented, but he just seems to lack the oomph that the GOATs of their division seemed to have on most of their fights.

I think he's got it. He's finished some impressive guys during his title reign. He's far cringier outside the cage than inside the cage. :lol:

Vettori is a good win for Izzy. He did it convincingly and Vettori isn't an easy guy to finish. In fact I don't think he's ever been finished in his career. I don't think he deserved a title shot though. Beating an unranked Kevin Holland and fringe top 5 in Hermansson shouldn't grant you a title shot. But rankings mean very little in the UFC considering that Diaz could've gotten a title shot after beating Leon. lol
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#43 » by Headliner » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:23 pm

Nate saying he wants a quick turn around, and fight again in about 3 months.

That would the last fight on his ufc contract. He’s smart, he’s trying to get out quick to get that Jake Paul fight and make a ton of money.

I don’t like nate, but he knows what he’s doing.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#44 » by Susan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:30 am

Read on Twitter

You gotta love this. I hope he's champ for a while.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#45 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:35 pm

I'm a big Dober guy. But there is an interesting way in which it's the mechanics of his punches that cost him the fight. He throws those thumb down punches, ala Igor Vovchencyan or Fedor. Even his straight involve him turning over his hip and forearm. You get incredible amount of thud this, especially if you have a big ol booty. But the problem is that your hand doesn't naturally recoil after the punch. Watch someone with classical boxing throw a punch, like Ortega most recently. The punches path out is _the exact same as the path back_. It flows out, it flows back with elastic force. Also, it comes straight back, along the path it took out.

But, if like Dober, you throw even your 'straight punches' with incredibly turn over, you can't pull them back without tremendous effort and without pulling them back by a different trajectory. He can't take advantage of the elastic effect because he doesn't throw them outward but but over and down. The upshot: Dober ate 30 or so right hand counters to his straight. Legit, 30 counters. One of which almost got him finished. He could not stop that counter the entire fight. And the reason is entirely because his hand wasn't coming back because he is using a particular punching mechanic.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#46 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Haha. Vetori putting in some road work the night of a 5-round title fight:

“At the end of the day, I’m 27 years old. I’m going to go back to the hotel, I’m going to go and run. I’m going to go and run and do like a five-mile run. I didn’t even take a hot shower because I feel like I don’t deserve it. That’s how crazy I am. I’m going to go back and work and get ready for the next fight.”
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#47 » by Dupp » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Dude also thought he won the fight so yeah he’s pretty insane
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#48 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Vettori's IG has him in the gym yesterday, not a mark on him, doing jumping jacks. It's a pretty good FU to Izzy, I think. If you're so dominant, how come you couldn't hurt the guy one bit?

That said, the last thing this guy needs is more workouts. Him and Costa can be as determined as they want, the gap between them and Izzy is in skill. You're clearly not going to just walk the dude down with pressure and power and will. I'd suggest the last coach Vettori needs is the damn Chute Boxe guy. We are worlds away from Pride 2007 when intensity would get you anywhere. It can't be healthy that this is who Marvin has ended up with.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts