Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: 264 

Post#81 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Susan wrote:Didn't feel like a 10-8, the grappling Dustin won the exchanges but Conor did to a bit of damage from the bottom and wasn't rocked by the GnP.

There's gotta be more of an almost finish (unless the judges figured the last exchange Conor was rocked and counted that way).

This is what happened I think, they considered that him being dropped?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,329

Post#82 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Headliner wrote:I do want to say one thing, and that’s Joe Rogan is an absolute bum for going over to Conor to interview him while he’s laying on the ground with all that adrenaline, and snapped off foot. Conor reacted after he just heard Dustin claim he caused Conor’s foot to break, which enraged him because he doesnt believe it, and he said something stupid about his wife because he was mad, compromised and trying to one up him like a twat.
Conor lost more with that interview than he did the fight.

It was classless and cringy.
Joe interviewing him was on the level of stupidity as his DC interview after Jones KO’d him.

TBH I don't think it's Joe's or DC's decision to make. But I agree that neither should have happened. How the F do u stick a mic in a guys face as they are putting a boot on his broken leg?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#83 » by Headliner » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:11 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Headliner wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Sure, but you can always lose a little bit of weight the right way to make the water cut less drastic. And even though he looked gaunt Conor was cutting from around 165 to make 145, and a 20 pound cut is pretty standard for most fighters.

At 155, who can he honestly beat? Poirier, Gaethje, Oliveira, Dariush, and Islam all definitely beat him. I would favor Michael Chandler, too, but I think Conor at least has a shot there. Conor is in the class below with guys like Ferguson who clearly aren’t legitimate contenders anymore, which is why I think he should just fight Diaz in the trilogy and call it a career.

That’s silly,
He destroyed Eddie, lost to khabib, destroyed cowboy and lost to Dustin and then broke his own foot. You can’t draw conclusions from that. Dustin and Khabib are better than all those guys you listed above.

The conor hate clouds people. He’s not a bum, he’s not “definitely” losing to any of those guys. He might not be favoured, but he’s not a slouch to the point you can write him off like that.

This isn't directed just at you but I'm unclear why you guys are granting Conor that Cowboy farce as a win at 155, that was WW.

Conor is 1-3 at LW.

I completely forgot it was at 170!
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by Headliner » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
Headliner wrote:I do want to say one thing, and that’s Joe Rogan is an absolute bum for going over to Conor to interview him while he’s laying on the ground with all that adrenaline, and snapped off foot. Conor reacted after he just heard Dustin claim he caused Conor’s foot to break, which enraged him because he doesnt believe it, and he said something stupid about his wife because he was mad, compromised and trying to one up him like a twat.

Joe interviewing him was on the level of stupidity as his DC interview after Jones KO’d him.

TBH I don't think it's Joe's or DC's decision to make. But I agree that neither should have happened. How the F do u stick a mic in a guys face as they are putting a boot on his broken leg?

I think it’s Joe’s decision. He said after the DC interview that he made the choice to do it and he regretted it.

I just don’t get why would he would interview a guy with his leg hanging off? His mental state and adrenaline are in max over drive.
Conor says enough knobish things, it’s like getting him hammered drunk and asking him to talk on live tv a s expect good things to come out of him.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,329

Post#85 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Headliner wrote:
Shaazzam wrote:

I think it’s Joe’s decision. He said after the DC interview that he made the choice to do it and he regretted it.

I just don’t get why would he would interview a guy with his leg hanging off? His mental state and adrenaline are in max over drive.
Conor says enough knobish things, it’s like getting him hammered drunk and asking him to talk on live tv a s expect good things to come out of him.

Ugh, that's just bad then. :(
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#86 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:30 pm

I've heard Joe say in the past that he hears the voice in his head as to whether to interview, what to ask, etc. so maybe it's a combination?

I agree that I don't hold much against Conor for what he said while laying there is a pile of his own splintered ankle and foot bones lol.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#87 » by Susan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:26 pm

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,146
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#88 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:29 pm

All the trash talk worked better when Conor was chasing bigger names, bigger stars, titles, new challenges, etc. Now he's losing, taking significant time off in between fights, and it just seems weird trying to come at Dustin who doesn't have a title he wants, isn't a bigger star, doesn't have more money, and is just a nice guy. It feels forced and cringe, because Dustin has nothing Conor wants, but he's trying to make a story like "I'm hungry, and I'm coming for you!"

I was less offended at what he said about Dustin's wife, ETC, and more offended at how awful and cringe the material was. I think he just keeps taking L's in MMA in some form or fashion, and he was on the floor just trying to get a verbal victory or something.

Also don't know why people are arguing if the foot just broke, or if it broke because of a check, like it makes the win more or less legit. If your body can't hold up for 5 minutes of fighting, that's really not your opponents problem.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by Headliner » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Damn, that was a really good look at it.
Ugly.
I hate these types of injuries in all sports.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,817

Post#90 » by yoyoboy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:11 pm

Something that really bugs me is how people try to chalk up Poirier’s wins to Conor not having the motivation he used to have or being past his prime or whatever similar stories. Conor to me hasn’t looked like a worse fighter in any of these fights post-Mayweather. The issue is that he hasn’t gotten better while everyone around him has improved, the game as a whole has advanced quickly, and he’s been fighting in a division against naturally bigger guys while not being all that successful outside of 145 in his career.

The striking still actually looks really good. There’s nothing to suggest Conor’s cardio is any worse or better than it’s always been considering it’s always been a weakness for him anyways and the last fight that went extended rounds for him was against Khabib, and he managed to actually win that 3rd round. I don’t know people can watch these recent fights and conclude that Conor has declined a lot just because he’s not winning. To me, it’s almost similar to Rousey, where he’s kind of just getting exposed for being a one-trick pony now against the best of the best. His grappling and ability to fight off his back are just garbage and haven’t gotten any better. Guys know he wants to counter them with that left hand and are more prepared to deal with it, plus the power just isn’t as scary at 155 and up.

At 155 and up, he’s 1-1 against Nate Diaz, who’s objectively a journeyman fighter who was never in serious contention for a title, and he didn’t finish Nate in that win either. He beat a washed up Cerrone who was going on 37 and at this point has lost 5 of his last 6 fights, with the other one being a NC. He’s 0-2 against Poirier. He lost to Khabib. And he beat Alvarez, which was definitely a good win, but imo Eddie was never really the level of a fighter that these top guys at 155 are now. Conor deserves credit for the win no doubt, but my point is that a 3-4 record outside of 145 pretty accurately captures the fact that he’s just not a true title threat in the bigger divisions where his grappling, strength, and cardio are actually tested more, because his striking isn’t as much of an advantage.

Poirier is an FANTASTIC fighter and it takes away credit from him to suggest that Conor is washed. There is no version of Conor that beats this version of Poirier at 155. It’s been amazing to see how much better Dustin has gotten through his career, and honestly Khabib is the only lightweight in recent history who I think is the better fighter. I’m excited for this match against Oliviera and if Dustin wins it’ll be a well deserved belt.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#91 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:43 pm

Are we going to blame Joe Rogan for Conor's posting pics of Dustin's kids on Twitter?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#92 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Kavanaugh previously explained the in-cage death threats as biochemistry + Rogan.

“And you can only imagine the rush of hormones and what’s going to be going through your body at that moment. The pain, it was on fire. And someone sits down and sticks a microphone onto your face. ‘How are you feeling right now?’ Guys, come on."
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#93 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:50 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Are we going to blame Joe Rogan for Conor's posting pics of Dustin's kids on Twitter?

Bear with me here...but I think its possible to think Conor is a scumbag who is often out of line while also believing that interviewing him when he just had two bones in his leg shatter was kinda inappropriate.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#94 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:57 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Are we going to blame Joe Rogan for Conor's posting pics of Dustin's kids on Twitter?

Bear with me here...but I think its possible to think Conor is a scumbag who is often out of line while also believing that interviewing him when he just had two bones in his leg shatter was kinda inappropriate.

Sit down and steady yourself. Have a snifter of brandy. But anyone (like Kavanaugh) who excused the content of what Conor said based on the inappropriateness of the interview has to somehow explain him being just as vile - in fact, more so - days later.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Headliner » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:00 am

REDDzone wrote:

You’re right, again.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#96 » by REDDzone » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:05 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Sit down and steady yourself. Have a snifter of brandy. But anyone (like Kavanaugh) who excused the content of what Conor said based on the inappropriateness of the interview has to somehow explain him being just as vile - in fact, more so - days later.

Of course Kavanaugh is going to irrationally defend Conor, that's his one dude that doesn't suck as far as I'm aware. It's like Malki and Jones, not remarkable or surprising. But like I said, even if you "excuse" Conor in that one single interview, just wait about 5 seconds and he'll cross the line again.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,780

Post#97 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#98 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:22 am

Conor turning into wilder

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts