Jack Slack digest

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Jack Slack digest 

Post#1 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:26 pm

I have been working around the house a lot listening to old Jack Slack podcasts. I am going to pass on some random bits here about his various thoughts on MMA and fighters.

There are a lot of things he says that would not have occurred to me or that directly contradict my own opinion.

Fighters he thinks are terrible, ridiculous, or overvalued (I'll add to this as names occur to me):
Mousassi
Bellator fighters
Nunes
Jon Villante
Sam Alvey
Garbrandt (not impressed by his boxing)
Jeremy Stephens (as he points out, Stephens only has 6-7 KOs/TKOs his entire like 15 year career...he's not a particularly threatening guy...other than at weigh-ins, I guess)

Fighters he thinks underappreciated:
Bobby Knuckles
Fransisco Trinaldo (!!!)
Rany Yahya (he really like these wily veteran grapplers)
Barnett
Aldo
Loves City Kickboxing
Horiguchi
Badr Hari (he thinks he's a great, effective fighter)

Various opinions:
Bellator sucks and its psychotic to have Coker's strategy of feeding massively outmatched opponents to your prospects (where only Pico, of his own volition, has bucked this trend).
He hates Goldy and Big John
Likes Jon Anik
Hates DC's commentary, absolutely abhors DC's undermining of fighter pay/independence
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Jack Slack digest 

Post#2 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:33 pm

who
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,171
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Moussasi is the internet’s biggest darlinng. Surely they will rage.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:13 pm

REDDzone wrote:who

You jest.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#5 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 pm

I've definitely heard the name but legitimately have no idea who that is. Is he like robin black
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#6 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 pm

I guess. But he is well-adjusted, witty, political, and neurotypical. He also knows way more about martial arts and is a classical writer.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#7 » by Susan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Slack is good but I will not accept any negative Moose talk.

Dude has been legit for 15+ years at 185. He beat Hector Lombard in 2006, Lombard wouldn't lose again until 2012 in the UFC and was on a **** 25 fight unbeaten streak. He beat Mark Hunt as a kinda small 185er, spent a long chunk of his time at 205.

Henderson, early Lombard, Machida, Jacare, Hunt, Weidman, Rory, Vitor, OSP, Kang, Babalu, Thaigo Santos, Shlemenko, Rafael Carvalho, Hall, Lima

His resume is one of the best in the history of the sport, spanned multiple eras, never had a long streak of losing, went up in weight, went to all promotions and fought the best they had to offer.

He's a unicorn.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,171
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#8 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:11 am

Moose is just really **** good at everything. But then he gets weird losses that kinda derail him or knock him off track a little.

I love how he’ll just kinda shrug and fight at any weight class, and fight any style.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#9 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:31 pm

DC is kinda like rogan in his commentary so yeah he can be/is bad. He’s also a company man so he’s not speaking out against the ufc abs fighter pay. No one is because they’re gonna hurt you for it.

What’s his issue with nunes?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts