Schevchenko vs someone
Diaz vs Lawler II
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 266 this weekend 

Post#2 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Diaz looking faaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Why is his face like that???

Also, watching the preview promo thing...that's his running stride? He ambles terribly. What's happening?

That said, I love Diaz bro training footage. I don't know if they're goofing around or just being difficult...but the footage of them training will just be laughably low effort. In this one, we see Diaz ambling around like he's 60 on a run. And then wander over to a heavy bag and just tap on with no power or mechanical adeptness. LOL.

In contrast, I can remember Eddie Alvarez once talking about how the UFC filming crews come in and want you to do the gnarliest exercises you can muster. He was talking about doing lateral jumps over hurdles for the film crew despite teh fact he would never actually do that in training. It's just some esoteric **** that the UFC wants (and that Rogan will talk about for a decade, like he still talks about Kovalev doing pilates). So to imagine the Diaz bros insisting on doing some lazy nonsense...haaha. Nate vs Conor II had footage of Nate in a 24 hour fitness doing alternating bicep curls. That's genius trolling...doing 20lb dumbbell curls for your UFC training footage.

As Nick c. 2005 once said, "we're not into this hardcore exercising".
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#3 » by REDDzone » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:14 pm

I was coming on here to say that I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Diaz/Lawler is even money. However, on the way to the bank to mortgage my house to bet all my money on Lawler, I clicked his fightfinder page and learned that he hasn't won a fight in over 4 years!

Craziness.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:00 am

It's true. Pretty ingenious matchmaking. To lose that badly to Magny? Come on now.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#5 » by Dupp » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:59 am

Diaz couldn’t make weight and requested middleweight bout. Pretty lame last minute to do this when robbie was most likely on track.

Robbie said whatever but his manager is pushing something. Probably more money, which Nick should give up.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#6 » by Dupp » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:02 am

Nick also didn’t turn up for media day unsurprisingly.

Also what’s “hardcore exercising”? Like heavy weights, high intensity training? Nate does triathlons and **** doesn’t he?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:09 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Diaz looking faaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Why is his face like that???

Also, watching the preview promo thing...that's his running stride? He ambles terribly. What's happening?

That said, I love Diaz bro training footage. I don't know if they're goofing around or just being difficult...but the footage of them training will just be laughably low effort. In this one, we see Diaz ambling around like he's 60 on a run. And then wander over to a heavy bag and just tap on with no power or mechanical adeptness. LOL.

In contrast, I can remember Eddie Alvarez once talking about how the UFC filming crews come in and want you to do the gnarliest exercises you can muster. He was talking about doing lateral jumps over hurdles for the film crew despite teh fact he would never actually do that in training. It's just some esoteric **** that the UFC wants (and that Rogan will talk about for a decade, like he still talks about Kovalev doing pilates). So to imagine the Diaz bros insisting on doing some lazy nonsense...haaha. Nate vs Conor II had footage of Nate in a 24 hour fitness doing alternating bicep curls. That's genius trolling...doing 20lb dumbbell curls for your UFC training footage.

I have a long time training partner and friend, Brian Geraghty, who was a professional fighter and was on TUF 5 with Nate. He spent some time out in Stockton with the Diaz brothers and pretty much gushes about them and how professional they are and how hard they train. He told a story on Chris Lytle's podcast about how ridic their trainign was everyday, and then one day they told him they were going to do an "off day". And on their off day they basically did a triathlon (30 mile bike ride, 10 mile run, and then swam across a lake and back). :lol: Obviously this would have been before Nick quit fighting to go to nightclubs 5 nights a week.

There are other Diaz brother mentions throughout the podcast but the whole thing is worth listening to. He was a journeyman fighter but he fought everyone, including Jorge Masvidal. He lived with Rampage for awhile, talks about TUF, etc. Lots of insight into the wild west of MMA, especially Midwestern MMA and how crazy all these guys were back then.

Podcast:
;ab_channel=LytesOutPodcast

Timestamp for Diaz Brother Stories:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#8 » by Susan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:31 pm

For the newbies, must watch:

Not sure what there's to be said about Nick. Clearly troubled, clearly a unique mother **** who paved his own trail in a sport where you're chewed up and spit out with not much to show for it, at a time where there was even less money in the sport. Really found himself away from the UFC in PRIDE, EliteXC and Strikeforce and had himself one of the most unique and loyal fanbases in the sport.

He's been on a bad path since leaving the sport but he was born on a bad path. Not sure what I'm rooting for when I see him on Saturday but it'll be nice to once again say WAR DIAZ.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#9 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:17 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Diaz looking faaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Why is his face like that???

I have a long time training partner and friend, Brian Geraghty, who was a professional fighter and was on TUF 5 with Nate. He spent some time out in Stockton with the Diaz brothers and pretty much gushes about them and how professional they are and how hard they train. He told a story on Chris Lytle's podcast about how ridic their trainign was everyday, and then one day they told him they were going to do an "off day". And on their off day they basically did a triathlon (30 mile bike ride, 10 mile run, and then swam across a lake and back). :lol: Obviously this would have been before Nick quit fighting to go to nightclubs 5 nights a week.

There are other Diaz brother mentions throughout the podcast but the whole thing is worth listening to. He was a journeyman fighter but he fought everyone, including Jorge Masvidal. He lived with Rampage for awhile, talks about TUF, etc. Lots of insight into the wild west of MMA, especially Midwestern MMA and how crazy all these guys were back then.

Podcast:
;ab_channel=LytesOutPodcast

Timestamp for Diaz Brother Stories:

Thanks for this! I happened upon this podcast a few weeks ago, tracking down a story about some old Vovchenchyn fight/opponent. Lytle seems like a POS but this is a goldmine of awesome stories.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#10 » by Dupp » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Who thinks lawler is winning this? Nick wasn’t making weight and didn’t sound like he really wanted to be doing this in his k twevwow qith Brett... might not matter or mean anything I dunno.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,818

Post#11 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Def Streaming this tonight along with the Jays & preseason Maple Leafs vs the Habs & doing some online gaming at the same time.
Life is good, ill have some sake tonight as well.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,404

Post#12 » by Shaazzam » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:51 pm

first two prelims were great
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Dupp
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am

Moraes was the last leg on my multi. Dang, so close.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Shaazzam » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:03 am

great card so far, holy ****
hope the ppv delivers
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Dupp
RealGM

Post#15 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 am

Yeah the whole card has been good
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Shaazzam » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:23 am

this is awesome
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,765

Post#17 » by spykelee » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:33 am

What a crazy fight, as expected. Lawler's pressure really seemed to make the difference. Was surprised to see Nick not get back up. When do you ever see that from a Diaz? Great fight. Both guys with triple digits significant strikes through 2 rounds. Crazy!
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#18 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:37 am

Great fight. Great atmosphere. Diaz looked noticeably out of shape. It’s one thing to come in bigger, but he looked soft/chubby. He was throwing in slow motion and a lot of his strikes didn’t have much behind them.

No clue what he was on about during the post fight.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#19 » by Dupp » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:40 am

Result should come as no surprise to anyone really. Nick didn’t want to be there.

Dunno why so many clamouring over it. Was a sad watch.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,980

Post#20 » by Jasen777 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 am

Dupp wrote:Result should come as no surprise to anyone really. Nick didn’t want to be there.

He seemed legit confused how he even got there. Honestly a good performance from him given that.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts