NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: 272 

Post#41 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Mar 8, 2022 1:10 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Susan wrote:Luque finished Chiesa, Woodley, Randy Brown and Niko Price and then lost to Wonderboy

Burns - W Dec Wonderboy, L (KO) Usman, W Dec Woodley, W KO Maia, W Dec Gunnar Nelson

They all beat Maia, Colby did it earliest and imo most impressively, they all beat Woodley's corpse and Burns got KTFO by Usman in the 2nd and Colby barely lost that second fight and the first one was really close.

He's got the second best most recent resume out of all of them imo.

He didn't barely lose the second Usman fight, it was totally convincing. And he got finished in the first one.

Literally the most impressive fights he has had have been his two losses to Usman. It's actually impressive that he only lost that badly.

I want to see him face a young lion, for once, before considering him some sort of DC (DC at LHW), who would have dominated his era if it weren't for that *one guy*. Colby is starting to get that shine, like he'd rule the division if it weren't for Usman like DC would have ruled LHW if it weren't for Jones. That's nonsense. DC beat Gus, AJ twice...no one doubted that he would run through every other LHW. It was just Jones. Colby doesn't have that. He's a pick 'em in multiple fights.

It's the Gus syndrome. Until Colby beats on the rest of the contenders, there is room for doubt that he's a level above all of them. As of now, like Gus, his most impressive fights are how well he matched up and pushed the champ 2x(Both Jones and DC)... but when he actually finally matched up with the rest of the top of the division, it became clear he was in the mix with them, not some guy that was clearly ahead.

Colby might be ahead of the pack, but we need to find out. To me Id bet he's more Gus than DC once matched up with the other young contenders.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#42 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 8, 2022 3:41 pm

High 5 wrote:Yeah I don't care for Colby at all, but I don't get the idea that there isn't a good reason people believe he is the 2nd best. He's given Usman his two toughest fights and he's basically Usman against everyone else.

To be clear, if I was making a list, Colby would be #2 at the moment. I'm more pushing back against the notion that Usman/Dana and some others have pushed that "If Kumaru didn't exist, Colby would be champ and could reign for a long time" that I've seen. I don't think we can say that at all but yea, I think Colby is the second best guy atm.

EDIT: I see this conversation continued after this post. :lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#43 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Mar 8, 2022 4:43 pm

LOL. We all agree pretty much exactly.

Hold hands and sing kumbaya.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#44 » by Susan » Tue Mar 8, 2022 8:43 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:LOL. We all agree pretty much exactly.

What civil gentlemen we are. Discussing the most vile and repugnant goofball in UFC history.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#45 » by Jasen777 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 9:31 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:It's the Gus syndrome. Until Colby beats on the rest of the contenders, there is room for doubt that he's a level above all of them. As of now, like Gus, his most impressive fights are how well he matched up and pushed the champ 2x(Both Jones and DC)... but when he actually finally matched up with the rest of the top of the division, it became clear he was in the mix with them, not some guy that was clearly ahead.

I remember being shocked at how big a favorite Gus was over Rumble when I was thinking it was a tossup.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#46 » by Jasen777 » Tue Mar 8, 2022 9:33 pm

Susan wrote:

What civil gentlemen we are. Discussing the most vile and repugnant goofball in UFC history.

I assume the shortage is in goofballs? Because there's plenty of vile and repugnant people in UFC history.
Susan
RealGM

Post#47 » by Susan » Wed Mar 9, 2022 12:02 am

Jasen777 wrote:
Susan wrote:

I assume the shortage is in goofballs? Because there's plenty of vile and repugnant people in UFC history.

I mean, he's mostly harmless as a human but truly pushes things further than anybody else in the history of the sport . Conor is the only one who came close but he's a legit POS.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,278

Post#48 » by Shaazzam » Wed Mar 9, 2022 9:48 pm

Who is War Machine? for 500 Alex.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Susan
RealGM

Post#49 » by Susan » Wed Mar 9, 2022 10:56 pm

Shaazzam wrote:Who is War Machine? for 500 Alex.

War Machine was a POS, def not a goofball.

Goofballs = Chael, Colby, Derrick Lewis, Johnny Walker, Michel Pereira, Kevin Holland

Dudes who did outlandish stuff but really didn't cause real problems in the world
Susan
RealGM

Post#50 » by Susan » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Well, Jorge sucker punched him twice and broke a couple of his teeth, so there's that.

At least he didn't run up with a gang of people and dollys I guess.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts