274 Charles Misses Weight

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: 274 Charles Misses Weight 

Post#61 » by cowboyronnie » Sun May 8, 2022 11:33 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:LOL. the disrespect and arrogance that JG showed in the lead-up. He was acting like it was a foregone conclusion he'd beat Charles. Every time I saw him interviewed or at pressers, he thought it was lined-up. Then, fight happens, panics immediately, gets KDd, and taps without even going unconscious. Hilarious. He put up no fight other than some wild swings.

Yea he really rubbed me the wrong way all throughout the leadup. Charles Oliveira is a coward? Ok bro. Get slept.

Right. I forgot about the "coward" line. I was just remembering the general impression of him acting so damn cocky and assured, given that it was in Arizona and not Khabib and all. He really thought that he was the ordained champ in any post-Khabib world.

Listen to this ass**** talking about Charles before the fight:

"Choices were made in that by him and the choice to quit was made, and I’m going to give him that choice on Saturday night, I guarantee that. I think that’s true, however, once a coward always a coward."

Meanwhile, Charles walked through everything, returned every last strike, and made JG tap to a choke in front of his mom and hometown.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,439

Post#62 » by Susan » Mon May 9, 2022 3:46 am

Dupp wrote:
Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:LOL. the disrespect and arrogance that JG showed in the lead-up. He was acting like it was a foregone conclusion he'd beat Charles. Every time I saw him interviewed or at pressers, he thought it was lined-up. Then, fight happens, panics immediately, gets KDd, and taps without even going unconscious. Hilarious. He put up no fight other than some wild swings.

Both come from the same camp - gotta think Whitman is sniffing his own farts to allow both fighters to come in so woefully unprepared. Rose should never have lost that fight and Justin lost all of his poise that got him back to this spot.

The walkout was awesome but Justin was in his "hometown" and was way too freaking hyped and fought stupid. That's 100% what the coach is there for - to make sure you're dialed in mentally and Whitman allowed Barry to ruin Rose last night and allowed Justin go back to his old ways and destroy himself.

Good on Charles - he's on one hell of a run right now.

We’re you really seeing anything from gaethje we don’t see every time? Seemed like exactly the same guy as always.

Rose wasn’t unprepared she just got horrible and delusional corner advice. Carla was equally as bad though. She could of easily not got the decision and we’d be saying that’s how you come out to try take the title. You gotta beat the champ to be the champ type :droop: bull

It's a thing.
Susan
RealGM

Post#63 » by Susan » Mon May 9, 2022 3:57 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Yea he really rubbed me the wrong way all throughout the leadup. Charles Oliveira is a coward? Ok bro. Get slept.

Right. I forgot about the "coward" line. I was just remembering the general impression of him acting so damn cocky and assured, given that it was in Arizona and not Khabib and all. He really thought that he was the ordained champ in any post-Khabib world.

Listen to this ass**** talking about Charles before the fight:

"Choices were made in that by him and the choice to quit was made, and I’m going to give him that choice on Saturday night, I guarantee that. I think that’s true, however, once a coward always a coward."

Meanwhile, Charles walked through everything, returned every last strike, and made JG tap to a choke in front of his mom and hometown.

JG thought that Charles was mentally weak (because he was before) and thought he was going to break his will (aka fight like how he used to and win). Charles was too technical, too resilient and truthfully - the Werdum style guard pulls when getting rocked showed that these guys are afraid to grapple with him, even from his guard. The right move is to always take top position. Nobody has that slick of a guard these days.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,157
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#64 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon May 9, 2022 6:43 am

Charles is what people wanted Tony to be all those years as a possible foil to Khabib. Dangerous and varied striking, fearless, absolute elite grappling from top or bottom, and also standing. Hard to finish, etc.

He's not as physically durable as Tony, but he's both a more crisp striker and a much better BJJ guy offensively and defensively. Islam is a poor man's version of Khabib and is going to be fighting rich man's Tony. :lol:
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#65 » by cowboyronnie » Mon May 9, 2022 1:35 pm

Read on Twitter

All the front kick KOs in UFC history. That Machida vs. Vitor is also pretty nuts, and Lyoto's reaction so bad***.

But, yeah, Chandler's is the GOAT. As DC said, it was soccer kick...in that, rather than kicking with the upper leg and then letting the lower leg float or snap through (some karate technique, I guess), Chandler just hoofs the kick in one single movement. Like a punter. And the size of his upper legs and the fact he lands precisely with the toe pads...holy Hell. What a technique.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#66 » by cowboyronnie » Mon May 9, 2022 1:41 pm

The fact Chandler didn't once consider Tony's welfare after the KO is pretty psychotic. He's just hitting back flips and thanking Jesus. I mean, Tony is already in bad shape mental health-wise. We know this behaviourally from that crisis he underwent 4ish years ago, and there is surely some underlying brain damage that is only going to get worse. Meanwhile, that crisis (where his wife took out a restraining order) was *before* suffering two hellacious beatings and getting stretched.

But, uhh, through Christ all things are possible.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#67 » by REDDzone » Mon May 9, 2022 2:17 pm

Somehow my mind completely forgot that Machida did that to Vitor. Wow.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#68 » by Dupp » Mon May 9, 2022 4:13 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:The fact Chandler didn't once consider Tony's welfare after the KO is pretty psychotic. He's just hitting back flips and thanking Jesus. I mean, Tony is already in bad shape mental health-wise. We know this behaviourally from that crisis he underwent 4ish years ago, and there is surely some underlying brain damage that is only going to get worse. Meanwhile, that crisis (where his wife took out a restraining order) was *before* suffering two hellacious beatings and getting stretched.

But, uhh, through Christ all things are possible.

It’s a weird thing in mma because in boxing if you get a brutal ko they really a lot more respectful and worried about their opponent. In mma they just go mental with no regard for the dead body. Was wild seeing Tony like that and this dude just flipping on his carcass.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,918

Post#69 » by Jasen777 » Mon May 9, 2022 5:25 pm

REDDzone wrote:Somehow my mind completely forgot that Machida did that to Vitor. Wow.

Clearly Vitor is the front kick GOAT.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#70 » by cowboyronnie » Mon May 9, 2022 6:01 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Somehow my mind completely forgot that Machida did that to Vitor. Wow.

Clearly Vitor is the front kick GOAT.

Haha.

This reminds me of some video of Vitor sucking a woman's toes (for sexx) that made the rounds in like 2007. The dude really can't get enough feet in the mouth.
Susan
RealGM

Post#71 » by Susan » Mon May 9, 2022 9:29 pm

Machida did it to Randy, Anderson did it to Vitor like 2-3 months before that - both in 2011. The trolling legend is that Steven Segal taught them the kick.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#72 » by REDDzone » Tue May 10, 2022 3:25 am

I know Silva did it to Vitor and Machida did it to Randy. I somehow forgot that Lyoto also did it to Vitor.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts