Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 6

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 6 

Post#101 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:29 am

But, truly, the more morally repulsive behavior in all of this is from the media members who, like, mentioned Dana's charity work and what a good guy he is. That's cold and calculated, signs of a real immoral psycho. Were I grant that Dana was actually drunk and in the moment.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#102 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:06 am

It's wild that there are some media members in MMA who are powerfully righteous and politically astute (Bloody Elbow, Morning Kombat, Jack Slack, a bunch of Twitter accounts). Smart, attuned people that you'd never get in another sport (the Athletic aside). But then 95% of the fans (you all being exceptions) and fighters being knuckle dragging reactionaries and fascists. And then the sycophantic media of ESPN and Fox. Those tuned in media members, though, are the only hope in an otherwise super depressing MMA culture.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#103 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:48 pm

Literally every abuser/rapist/drunk driver/murderer/pedophile/criminal is "labeled" as whatever crime they committed. The notion that the fact that they "have to live with that" is punishment enough is just laughable.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#104 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:50 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:It's wild that there are some media members in MMA who are powerfully righteous and politically astute (Bloody Elbow, Morning Kombat, Jack Slack, a bunch of Twitter accounts). Smart, attuned people that you'd never get in another sport (the Athletic aside). But then 95% of the fans (you all being exceptions) and fighters being knuckle dragging reactionaries and fascists. And then the sycophantic media of ESPN and Fox. Those tuned in media members, though, are the only hope in an otherwise super depressing MMA culture.

It really is depressing. This is why I keep my MMA fandom a secret. I'd be more open about adultery than watching UFC.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#105 » by Dupp » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:58 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:It's wild that there are some media members in MMA who are powerfully righteous and politically astute (Bloody Elbow, Morning Kombat, Jack Slack, a bunch of Twitter accounts). Smart, attuned people that you'd never get in another sport (the Athletic aside). But then 95% of the fans (you all being exceptions) and fighters being knuckle dragging reactionaries and fascists. And then the sycophantic media of ESPN and Fox. Those tuned in media members, though, are the only hope in an otherwise super depressing MMA culture.

I think it was Luke from morning Kim at that put out a great video about domestic violence/ misogyny toward women.

But yeah the whole mma culture/ industry is ****
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#106 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:24 pm

Saw Jon Jones trending and I'm like "Oh no!"

But it's just a fight announcement.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#107 » by Susan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:10 am

Dupp wrote:

I think it was Luke from morning Kim at that put out a great video about domestic violence/ misogyny toward women.

But yeah the whole mma culture/ industry is ****

The culture of the UFC is actually worse than the culture of MMA as a whole.

People who follow MMA on the whole would most likely wind up in that first bubble whereas insular UFC fans are hot garbage if that makes sense.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#108 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:23 am

Welp, ufc didn’t want to give Francis his freedoms. He’s released. Dana already trying to spin it and talk ****. Such a rat.

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t go to pfl with allowances to box. Him Vs wilder would be huge (idgaf if he loses or not)

Jon vs Cyril. Hope he kills Jon.

Also believe they signed Jon to a new contract since Francis left. They banking on one of these two to be the future of the division.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#109 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:36 am

Are there HWs outside the UFC??? I guess I would liked to see Francis against Cyril x2, Pavlovich, Aspinal, and Jones. But non-UFC? Ryan Bader...? Lol.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#110 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:38 am

I am not convinced Jon will fight.

Cyril has more of a point fighting style, so maybe Jon is game. But he definitely did not want Francis.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#111 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:00 am

Looks like Francis didn’t want Jon, at least not as much as he wanted to box. Oh well, I guess he can still remain a big what if in MMA after he lets a boxer clown him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,686

Post#112 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:22 am

I doubt Fury will box him because there are bigger paydays for Fury out there if he just wants the payday. And on top of that, its been 2 years since the last Francis highlight. People got short term memory with stuff like this, 2 years is ancient history.

PFL will probably offer him a deal though
Dupp
RealGM

Post#113 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:06 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Are there HWs outside the UFC??? I guess I would liked to see Francis against Cyril x2, Pavlovich, Aspinal, and Jones. But non-UFC? Ryan Bader...? Lol.

Yeah heavyweight in ufc actually stacked right now. Cyril and Tom are so talented. We haven’t seen anywhere near the best of Tom and Cyril is still so new and probably improved so much since their first fight.

It’s a shame.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#114 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:08 am

cowboyronnie wrote:I am not convinced Jon will fight.

Cyril has more of a point fighting style, so maybe Jon is game. But he definitely did not want Francis.

Worth noting Jon just signed an 8 fig he deal apparently so that’s a good sign.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#115 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=VHa06voN4G8Zvd1e6jj-dA
Dupp
RealGM

Post#116 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:21 am

In light of Dana saying Francis didn’t want to fight this level of competition anymore
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#117 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:57 am

Dupp wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:I am not convinced Jon will fight.

Worth noting Jon just signed an 8 fig he deal apparently so that’s a good sign.

Lol, I think he definitely fights, but I'd easily bet the under on him even doing 4 fights... much less 8.
Duke4life831 wrote:I doubt Fury will box him because there are bigger paydays for Fury out there if he just wants the payday. And on top of that, its been 2 years since the last Francis highlight. People got short term memory with stuff like this, 2 years is ancient history.

PFL will probably offer him a deal though

Are there bigger paydays for a total cakewalk of a fight though? Francis gives a new feather to his cap (UFC champ in his prime).
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Dupp
RealGM

Post#118 » by Dupp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:50 am

Francis will do a better than that last bum fury fought
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,238

Post#119 » by Mehar » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:18 pm

Francis will get a huge payday like 15 million fight Fury, and then he can still go possibly fight one or two times in MMA for millions (PFL or Bellator) and retire with more money than he would have made, signing a UFC 8 fight deal. This was the right business move for Francis. Wish him well in the future.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#120 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:33 pm

Good for Francis

The more high profile guys leave the UFC, the better it is for the sport of MMA in general
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts