Moderator: lilfishi22

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 6 

Post#21 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Jun 2, 2022 6:50 am

REDDzone wrote:I think my point is that these guys (Khamzat, Werdum, Weidman, etc.) hang out with this twerp because he's worth a hundred million dollars and he rolls out the red carpet for fighters because he likes to pretend to be one himself, as opposed to traveling to his palace however so often because if they don't they're going to be murdered.

Oh yea, they're definitely mostly ass kissing because he has money and stuff.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,933

Post#22 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jul 1, 2022 8:20 am

Read on Twitter

The real funny thing is that since NY forgot to put it in the rules that you couldn't touch anything while on the scale it wasn't technically cheating.

Also it's hard to nail a weight exactly when you're doing that. One of the most clutch moments in MMA history.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#23 » by Susan » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:21 am

REDDzone wrote:Honestly, we've heard that excuse for years but supposedly Khabib fell out of favor with him and he seems to be doing just fine. It seems like Kadyrov really only goes after people who speak out against him publicly. Who knows though.

I mean - Khabib is from a different country. If he waged war against Kadyrov I'm sure it could still end badly for Khabib but Chimaev has family still in Chechnya that 100% he knows that Kadyrov can and will make them disappear.

The situation isn't good but tbh I still think your outrage is misguided at the fighters and should be directed at the UFC as a whole. They've hosted this man, they don't pay the fighters nearly enough and this puts the fighters in the position where they have to deal with extremely shady people.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#24 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:37 pm

It's possible to think both the fighters who he uses for clout and the UFC are in the wrong in this situation, believe it or not.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#25 » by Dupp » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:30 pm

They really matching sean up with Yan. Lol and rip. Karma for the whole eye poke theatrics
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#26 » by Jasen777 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:52 pm

UFC president Dana White not planning fighter raises: 'These guys get paid what they're supposed to get paid'

UFC president Dana White says fighter pay in the organization won't change dramatically while he is in his current position, telling GQ in a video published Thursday that he believes fighters "get paid what they're supposed to get paid."

The topic of fighter pay has been a hot-button issue in MMA for years and was thrust further into the spotlight by YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul in recent months. White has said that he believes high-profile boxers are overpaid and reiterated in the GQ interview that he believes UFC fighters are paid more reasonably.

"Boxing has absolutely been destroyed, because of money and all the things that go on," White said. "It's never gonna happen while I'm here. Believe me, these guys get paid what they're supposed to get paid. They eat what they kill. They get a percentage of the pay-per-view buys. And the money is spread out amongst all the fighters."

If a union is impossible they really ought to at least sue over being labeled independent contractors. Great chance of winning if the pick the right state.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#27 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:40 am

"Boxing has absolutely been destroyed"

Boxing is wildly popular and mints dozens upon dozens of millionaires a year. Really, in what way is boxing destroyed? If more boxers make more money than the UFC (fact), how can the sport be destroyed? I mean *UFCers* make more money in boxing than in their UFC careers. Because the promoters don't make as much money as teh UFC does???
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#28 » by Dupp » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:56 am

Can’t even blame Dana anymore. The problem are all the idiots that buy into his bull.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#29 » by Dupp » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:39 pm

13 straight finishes
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,770

Post#30 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:25 am

Everything Dana says about fighter pay is gross. It was already bad before they went "mainstream" with the uniforms but at least even lower end fighters were able to pick up a few extra bucks by having a local business as a sponsor.

There's a reason why the "baddest man on the planet" is holding out for a contract that includes a clause to allow him to box.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,160

Post#31 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:"Boxing has absolutely been destroyed"

Boxing is wildly popular and mints dozens upon dozens of millionaires a year. Really, in what way is boxing destroyed? If more boxers make more money than the UFC (fact), how can the sport be destroyed? I mean *UFCers* make more money in boxing than in their UFC careers. Because the promoters don't make as much money as teh UFC does???

I think he means its dead in the sense that interest in it has really waned. The best fighters are scattered amongst different promotions and they get paid too much money to fight low risk fights so making the fights fans want to see is prohibitively expensive.

We shouldn't have had to wait so goshdarn long to see Errol Spence vs. Terrance Crawford or Keith Thurman. We shouldn't have had to wait 4 years for Canelo vs. GGG 3 even though their rivaly started with gamesmanship all the way back in late 2015/early 2016. With Vasily Lomachenko, Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis and Teofimo Lopez all sharing the same division in recent years its a damned shame we only got to see one fight amongst this group. With middleweight at one point having GGG, Canelo, Jermall Charlo, Demetrious Andrade and Jaime Munguia its a damned shame that the only 2 big names have fought each other and as I mentioned before it took 4 years to get the needed trilogy fight made.

You can go division by division. Politics, greed and cowardice have kept the best fights from happening.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#32 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:09 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:"Boxing has absolutely been destroyed"

I think he means its dead in the sense that interest in it has really waned. The best fighters are scattered amongst different promotions and they get paid too much money to fight low risk fights so making the fights fans want to see is prohibitively expensive.

We shouldn't have had to wait so goshdarn long to see Errol Spence vs. Terrance Crawford or Keith Thurman. We shouldn't have had to wait 4 years for Canelo vs. GGG 3 even though their rivaly started with gamesmanship all the way back in late 2015/early 2016. With Vasily Lomachenko, Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis and Teofimo Lopez all sharing the same division in recent years its a damned shame we only got to see one fight amongst this group. With middleweight at one point having GGG, Canelo, Jermall Charlo, Demetrious Andrade and Jaime Munguia its a damned shame that the only 2 big names have fought each other and as I mentioned before it took 4 years to get the needed trilogy fight made.

You can go division by division. Politics, greed and cowardice have kept the best fights from happening.

But none of this has to do with the sheer fact that boxers make good money. It has to do with promotions/promoters. So it's not an argument for tempering boxers' pay (or MMA fighters', which is what Dana is arguing).

More money to fighters *within* a promotion is not going to cause this problem.

Also, there are countless massive MMA fights that have not happened (Fedor v anyone) and that are not happening right now. Everyone wants to see Patricio Pittbull or AJ McKee fight Volk or Holloway. The issue is that they are in another promotion, while we get Volk vs Holloway III.

The issue is clearly not fighter pay but splintered promotional entities.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,160

Post#33 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:17 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I think he means its dead in the sense that interest in it has really waned. The best fighters are scattered amongst different promotions and they get paid too much money to fight low risk fights so making the fights fans want to see is prohibitively expensive.

But none of this has to do with the sheer fact that boxers make good money. It has to do with promotions/promoters. So it's not an argument for tempering boxers' pay (or MMA fighters', which is what Dana is arguing).

More money to fighters *within* a promotion is not going to cause this problem.

Also, there are countless massive MMA fights that have not happened (Fedor v anyone) and that are not happening right now. Everyone wants to see Patricio Pittbull or AJ McKee fight Volk or Holloway. The issue is that they are in another promotion, while we get Volk vs Holloway III.

The issue is clearly not fighter pay but splintered promotional entities.

Sure, cross promotional politics play a role in limiting some MMA fights. But since the fall of Pride FC the overwhelming majority of the best fighters in each weight class has usually been in the UFC directly or through purchases (WEC, Strikeforce) eventually made their way over to the UFC. But these lack of cross promotion fights aren't as big a deal for the most part as it is with boxing.

The fact that there are a lot of different promotions means that top level boxers have more leverage to ask for more money and forces these promotional companies to protect their investments by matching them very carefully and primarily against in house opponents. And I wouldn't go so far as to say boxers get paid better than MMA fighters. I would say the guys good enough to be put in televised fights by the bigger promoters get paid better. But the majority of the guys on the untelevised undercard get paid crap and there are a whole lot more of them.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Jasen777 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#35 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:27 am

Jasen777 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's about as exciting a finish as the Mighty Mouse flying armbar finish on Borg
Dupp
RealGM

Post#36 » by Dupp » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:30 am

Dude was big too. Huge difference between the two.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,350

Post#37 » by Shaazzam » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:54 pm

omg that was horrible, like legit looked like a life ending shot
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,802

Post#38 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Sep 3, 2022 2:05 am

Anderson SIlva vs Jake Paul, just saw it in my Facebook news feed. Is this legit?

Hope Silva KTFO Paul out.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#39 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Sep 4, 2022 11:05 pm

I'd watch the highlights
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,198