And1: 1,933

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 6 

Post#63 » by Jasen777 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:58 am

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,802

Post#64 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:41 pm

SO happy we get a break from UFC events this weekend.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#65 » by Susan » Fri Dec 2, 2022 12:17 am

Read on Twitter

This feels kinda crazy. Y'all following this?
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,802

Post#66 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Dec 3, 2022 12:37 am

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#67 » by Dupp » Sun Dec 4, 2022 9:00 am

Krause better not ruin Brandon’s title shot the rat
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#68 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2022 2:00 am

Conor just admitting to being on gear, yeah?

I've heard some people say, 'so, what he's inactive and so all of his gains will neutralized by the time he returns'. But it's not that simple. Because he's not only been lifting, he's been lifting AND training. Which is what no one else can do. Everyone not on gear has to do one or the other (in degrees), compromising. But if you're recovering extra-naturally, then you can do technical work while lifting.

In some sense, this was Vitor's advantage in the TU exemption days. It wasn't just that he got real strong, it's that he got real strong *and* could still spend tens of hours a week in the dojo practising hands and advanced kicks. As Rogan once said, he "downloaded" a kicking game in like 2 years. No one not on sauce can move from a hard leg day to kicking days.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,771

Post#69 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 5:46 am

Where did he admit being on the gear? I haven't seen anything concrete other than speculation and people saying "why wouldn't he?" Personally, I am generally still of the thought that a good percentage of fighters are still on some sort of PED but they've likely found a way to skirt the rules and testing because of the type and amount they are taking so whatever they are taking, it's probably not a massive amount. Not to say a small amount wouldn't help but for McG to take himself out of the pool knowing he's going to come back with an exemption (which he hasn't applied for nor granted as yet) is pretty suss and kind of points towards being able to take a bigger dose than what would be "normal" for tested fighters
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#70 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Dec 5, 2022 6:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Where did he admit being on the gear? I haven't seen anything concrete other than speculation and people saying "why wouldn't he?" Personally, I am generally still of the thought that a good percentage of fighters are still on some sort of PED but they've likely found a way to skirt the rules and testing because of the type and amount they are taking so whatever they are taking, it's probably not a massive amount. Not to say a small amount wouldn't help but for McG to take himself out of the pool knowing he's going to come back with an exemption (which he hasn't applied for nor granted as yet) is pretty suss and kind of points towards being able to take a bigger dose than what would be "normal" for tested fighters

He doesn't really need an exemption, he can just return to the testing pool once he clears it from his system.

I think it's pretty clear he left the pool to juice for recovery and gaining size. I think most fighters are mad because they didn't realize this was allowed, which it probably isn't allowed for the rest of them. Only Conor gets to do stuff like this and come right back whenever he feels like it.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#71 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 11:03 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Where did he admit being on the gear? I haven't seen anything concrete other than speculation and people saying "why wouldn't he?" Personally, I am generally still of the thought that a good percentage of fighters are still on some sort of PED but they've likely found a way to skirt the rules and testing because of the type and amount they are taking so whatever they are taking, it's probably not a massive amount. Not to say a small amount wouldn't help but for McG to take himself out of the pool knowing he's going to come back with an exemption (which he hasn't applied for nor granted as yet) is pretty suss and kind of points towards being able to take a bigger dose than what would be "normal" for tested fighters

He doesn't really need an exemption, he can just return to the testing pool once he clears it from his system.

I think it's pretty clear he left the pool to juice for recovery and gaining size. I think most fighters are mad because they didn't realize this was allowed, which it probably isn't allowed for the rest of them. Only Conor gets to do stuff like this and come right back whenever he feels like it.

I think the exemption is so he can just come back with just two clean test vs going back into the pool for 6mths. He basically wants to fight ASAP without having to sit out for another 6mths just for testing
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#72 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2022 2:27 pm

I didn't know there might be a 2x clean tests exemption. I'm just talking the illegitimacy of dropping out of the pool, juicing like crazy, then hopping back in for 6 months.

If you wanted to only fight once a year (or maybe every 10-11 months), you could definitely schedule: a 3 month cycle on *everything* + 2 months for the metabolites to leave your body (seems conservative) + 6 month waiting period, then fight. And repeat.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#73 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 5, 2022 10:13 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:I didn't know there might be a 2x clean tests exemption. I'm just talking the illegitimacy of dropping out of the pool, juicing like crazy, then hopping back in for 6 months.

If you wanted to only fight once a year (or maybe every 10-11 months), you could definitely schedule: a 3 month cycle on *everything* + 2 months for the metabolites to leave your body (seems conservative) + 6 month waiting period, then fight. And repeat.

Could definitely be wrong on this since I haven't followed too closely except for reading an article here and there but yeah. It's supposedly similar to Brock coming back to fight Hunt and UFC got him an exemption to save their big UFC 200 event by not having to go back into the pool for 6mths prior to it.

Between the long layoffs for McG (who doesn't *need* the UFC moolah), I think very few fighters are in the financial position to sit out a decent amount of time to do a cycle before jumping back in the testing pool. Which alludes to No-KG-AI's point that other fighters are mad because 1. they didn't know about this loophole, 2. McG of all people allegedly took advantage of it and 3. other fighters probably could not financially take advantage of it (long lays = no big payday)
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,181
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#74 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Dec 6, 2022 6:11 am

^^I was more implying that I don't think the UFC would even allow anyone else to get exemptions or leave the testing pool and return whenever they please. They let Brock do it, but he's probably the only other person they'd let just not get tested.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#75 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Dec 6, 2022 8:18 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:^^I was more implying that I don't think the UFC would even allow anyone else to get exemptions or leave the testing pool and return whenever they please. They let Brock do it, but he's probably the only other person they'd let just not get tested.

Which is funny because isn't USADA suppose to be independent of the UFC? ie it's not the UFC's call whether a fighter applies for and gets or doesn't get approved for an exemption?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#76 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Dec 6, 2022 8:52 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:I didn't know there might be a 2x clean tests exemption. I'm just talking the illegitimacy of dropping out of the pool, juicing like crazy, then hopping back in for 6 months.

Could definitely be wrong on this since I haven't followed too closely except for reading an article here and there but yeah. It's supposedly similar to Brock coming back to fight Hunt and UFC got him an exemption to save their big UFC 200 event by not having to go back into the pool for 6mths prior to it.

Between the long layoffs for McG (who doesn't *need* the UFC moolah), I think very few fighters are in the financial position to sit out a decent amount of time to do a cycle before jumping back in the testing pool. Which alludes to No-KG-AI's point that other fighters are mad because 1. they didn't know about this loophole, 2. McG of all people allegedly took advantage of it and 3. other fighters probably could not financially take advantage of it (long lays = no big payday)

IDK. I think it could be exploited as a loophole by a lot of fighters who have to/want to sit for some period of time. I don't know anything about biology but I think you could meaningfully do this (i.e. juice like crazy, detox yourself, re-enter the pool) in a mere 10 month period between fights.

Someone like Aljo recently announced that he wanted to take that amount of time off anyways. Why not just get on some isht? He explicitly said he doesn't want to fight til next summer.

Likewise, a bunch of fighters have had to rest their brain after brutal head beatings. Kattar, Reyes...these guys knew they were going to be out for long periods of time.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#77 » by Dupp » Thu Dec 8, 2022 11:59 am

Two of Conor’s responses he admitted to using without saying it.

Now you could argue he’s stirring up **** but he certainly admitted to it.

Few issues. Dumb system, in and out as you please.

Peds are not all the same. The world needs more distinction. There’s probably stuff that should be allowed for injury recovery.
Susan
RealGM

Post#78 » by Susan » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:00 pm

Rare W for Suga Show

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#79 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:04 pm

Do fighters think they are extra bad ass hanging out with a ruthless dictator? Or is it just they money? Or a bit of both?
Susan
RealGM

Post#80 » by Susan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:21 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Do fighters think they are extra bad ass hanging out with a ruthless dictator? Or is it just they money? Or a bit of both?

FIghters aren't paid enough to be turning down the money that this mtfk is probably paying them.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts