Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 6 

Post#141 » by Susan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:27 am

Easily the best MMA Video I've watched.

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#142 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Feb 7, 2023 3:37 am

Where's that Anthony Pettis thread when you need it?? He washed out of Shark Fights so quick he's fighting RJJ?

I actually think this is some publicity stunt.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Post#143 » by Susan » Tue Feb 7, 2023 4:28 am

Read on Twitter

Joe Biden moment for Dana
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#144 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Feb 7, 2023 3:14 pm

What's up with Wisconsin's boxing commission that they would even allow this? RJJ is an easy 200lbs. I guess cos Pettis fought at 170 once or twice and RJJ fought at 170/178 in his prime??? But I don't care how much Fudrucker's Pettis is into, he's not gonna be the same size as Roy.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#145 » by Dupp » Tue Feb 7, 2023 11:38 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Where's that Anthony Pettis thread when you need it?? He washed out of Shark Fights so quick he's fighting RJJ?

I actually think this is some publicity stunt.

Dudes looking thick
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#146 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:53 pm

If you're not following the downfall of Schaub's podcast, you're missing one of the greatest stories in present history. This might be the first episode once VH1 starts a Behind the Podcast series.

It's so awkward and terrible. LOL. He's fat and an alcoholic, and things are just super sad. D'Elia turned out to be a sadist and a pedophile. Callen has his own allegations and a recent divorce. Anyone reasonable, like Will Sasso, refuses to do the podcast.

The fight companion he did for Paul vs Fury was so bad. Somehow, he got Howie Mandel and Ryan Garcia...and neither of those dudes had any idea how pathetic the occasion was going to be. Agents and book managers were fired the next day, I guarantee.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#147 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:50 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:If you're not following the downfall of Schaub's podcast, you're missing one of the greatest stories in present history. This might be the first episode once VH1 starts a Behind the Podcast series.

It's so awkward and terrible. LOL. He's fat and an alcoholic, and things are just super sad. D'Elia turned out to be a sadist and a pedophile. Callen has his own allegations and a recent divorce. Anyone reasonable, like Will Sasso, refuses to do the podcast.

The fight companion he did for Paul vs Fury was so bad. Somehow, he got Howie Mandel and Ryan Garcia...and neither of those dudes had any idea how pathetic the occasion was going to be. Agents and book managers were fired the next day, I guarantee.

I've mostly just been a part time homeless cat on all that drama over the last few years but started dive into all of that after the whole drama with Bobby Lee/Khalyla happened and then deep dived even further over the past week when Schaub's ex-employee Mark started to spill the beans on what's happening behind the scenes (how's socials?)

Maybe it was just a time in my life but I was a religious listener of TFATK over its first 4-5 years but then I changed jobs to one that's more mentally involving and I stopped having time for long form podcasts which is when I stopped listening to TFATK. I tuned in now and then when they had good guests like Sasso but just didn't have time. I dunno when it happened or maybe I was just totally unaware but at some point it seemed like the TFATK reddit completely turned on Schaub and that's when I started to read a lot more into things going on behind the scenes, how actually bad Schaubs stand up was (I never watched any of his stand up prior to that) and just the whole thing with Callen/D'Elia going just made me kinda sick.

Also didn't Callen get married like not long ago? Is that over already?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,089
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#148 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 1, 2023 5:47 am

Callen's tough guy persona because his friends know how to fight is easily the most cringe fake tough guy we've ever seen. It' so cringe his own friends call him out on it.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#149 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 1, 2023 6:13 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Callen's tough guy persona because his friends know how to fight is easily the most cringe fake tough guy we've ever seen. It' so cringe his own friends call him out on it.

That's a bit he plays.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 1, 2023 7:10 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:Callen's tough guy persona because his friends know how to fight is easily the most cringe fake tough guy we've ever seen. It' so cringe his own friends call him out on it.

That's a bit he plays.

Eh, sometimes. But he's had a few where he's going full on. Or take how apparently aggressive he was when trying to intimidate Bobby Lee.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#151 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 1, 2023 8:56 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

That's a bit he plays.

Eh, sometimes. But he's had a few where he's going full on. Or take how apparently aggressive he was when trying to intimidate Bobby Lee.

Yeah maybe but for the most part, it's a bit. He does it with Schaub, Sasso, Diddler and pretends to teach Edgy Brah
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Mar 2, 2023 10:44 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:That's a bit he plays.

Yeah maybe but for the most part, it's a bit. He does it with Schaub, Sasso, Diddler and pretends to teach Edgy Brah

Convince me that this is a bit.

cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#153 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Mar 2, 2023 2:53 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Where does Joe get off mocking someone for cringe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thefighterandthekid/comments/j5umps/the_violence_and_sheer_size_of_joe_rogan/
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#154 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Mar 2, 2023 2:55 pm

The footage of him play sparring John Wayne Parr at the end is classic. ^^^ Rogan doesn't know anything.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#155 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Mar 2, 2023 10:34 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Rogan is the absolute WORST, especially given he's a long time comic, at recognising and going with bits/jokes from his own fellow comedians. There's compilations on YT of Rogan just completely glossing over subtle jokes, not getting it or taking it seriously. This is a prime example of that.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#156 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Mar 3, 2023 12:52 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
NO-KG-AI wrote:

Is a bit.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#157 » by Dupp » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:00 pm

Jeff Molina had a video of him giving a dude head posted on twitter and then had to come out as bi.

Pretty lame. This sport/ culture/ fan base is so homophobic. People hated on him so much for wearing rainbow shorts it’s no surprise he didn’t want to come out. No male athlete ever does.

**** situation. This with the Krause stuff I wonder if he’ll ever get his career back. Hopefully he does but even then he’s gonna get an insane amount of hate.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#158 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:14 am

Dupp wrote:Jeff Molina had a video of him giving a dude head posted on twitter and then had to come out as bi.

Pretty lame. This sport/ culture/ fan base is so homophobic. People hated on him so much for wearing rainbow shorts it’s no surprise he didn’t want to come out. No male athlete ever does.

**** situation. This with the Krause stuff I wonder if he’ll ever get his career back. Hopefully he does but even then he’s gonna get an insane amount of hate.

Maybe it's OK, assuming a bunch of fighters come out in support of him. But maybe that's too much to expect, given the regression in American politics. Maybe this will just be super depressing.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#159 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:47 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:Jeff Molina had a video of him giving a dude head posted on twitter and then had to come out as bi.

Maybe it's OK, assuming a bunch of fighters come out in support of him. But maybe that's too much to expect, given the regression in American politics. Maybe this will just be super depressing.

I see 0% chance anyone else comes out. I imagine there’s a lot of fighters that have scummy opinions themselves
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#160 » by Jasen777 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:29 am

https://www.outkick.com/power-slap-nevada-athletic-commission-banned-substance-suspension-dana-white/

The power slap league had 6 drug suspensions. Which is the same number as the UFC has had since the beginning of 2022. Amazing how so many UFC fighters are dedicated to being clean.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts