UFC 276

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Re: UFC 276 

Post#41 » by Susan » Mon Jul 4, 2022 12:31 pm

Dupp wrote:I have 0 intrest in that. He’d completely destroy emmett. Bryce Mitchell would be more interesting. Least that gives us a different look.

Let’s be real, Cejudo is the only interesting 145 fight for him.

We don't like Emmett around here - so that also factors into it.

Henry would be interesting - Henry is probably faster and that's a huge thing - I wouldn't be surprised if he's been adding to his toolbag this whole time away. He seems to be the type who is interested in mastering things technically.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,347

Post#42 » by Shaazzam » Mon Jul 4, 2022 2:47 pm

hehe, toolbag is an apt word when discussing Henry
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#43 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 5, 2022 4:44 pm

Holloway should retire, yeah? What's left for him? He's too small to pressure anyone at 155, but his game dependent on constantly being in the pocket.

He has zero hope of ever being more than a .500 fighter at LW. It's the deepest division in the sport, and there are guys in the 10-15 ranking range who would beat him on a given night.

I think he should just take showcase fights at 145, maybe. But, like, why? He's a millionaire, hugely popular in Hawaii, w/ kids and a new wife.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#44 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 5, 2022 4:47 pm

Susan wrote:
Dupp wrote:I have 0 intrest in that. He’d completely destroy emmett. Bryce Mitchell would be more interesting. Least that gives us a different look.

Let’s be real, Cejudo is the only interesting 145 fight for him.

We don't like Emmett around here - so that also factors into it.

Henry would be interesting - Henry is probably faster and that's a huge thing - I wouldn't be surprised if he's been adding to his toolbag this whole time away. He seems to be the type who is interested in mastering things technically.

I say this every time, but it's insane the UFC have let Henry go to waste. He makes two distinct divisions so much more interesting, and is as talented as any fighter ever. The speed with which he picked up MMA striking is nuts.

They are a multi-billion dollar company but afraid to pay fighters even in the case that they will hugely profit. It's better to compromise the product/profit than to open the door to improved pay.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#45 » by Dupp » Tue Jul 5, 2022 8:08 pm

Max has fights out there. Conor fight for one is there. No retirement yet but soon.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#46 » by Susan » Tue Jul 5, 2022 9:07 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Holloway should retire, yeah? What's left for him? He's too small to pressure anyone at 155, but his game dependent on constantly being in the pocket.

He has zero hope of ever being more than a .500 fighter at LW. It's the deepest division in the sport, and there are guys in the 10-15 ranking range who would beat him on a given night.

I think he should just take showcase fights at 145, maybe. But, like, why? He's a millionaire, hugely popular in Hawaii, w/ kids and a new wife.

Max/Henry would be ideal IMO, or 18 months away to rebuild his body and go to 155.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#47 » by Dupp » Tue Jul 5, 2022 11:11 pm

Henry’s not fighting max. No point for either guy. Henry’s going for that crown and it’s not a big money fight for max.

As for 155, you guys really don’t think max (and volk) can’t beat a guy like gaethje? I think they would and that’s a big time fight.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#48 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 5, 2022 11:54 pm

Dupp wrote:Max has fights out there. Conor fight for one is there. No retirement yet but soon.

Conor isn't cutting to 155 for Max.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#49 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jul 5, 2022 11:57 pm

Dupp wrote:As for 155, you guys really don’t think max (and volk) can’t beat a guy like gaethje? I think they would and that’s a big time fight.

Max vs Gaethje would be awesome. Style-wise, that's insane. A pressure fighter, all focus, against a guy rolling at the hips and slinging bombs. Would JG get backed up? He might.

It's a good fight. But, once again, Max will still just be a .500 fighter. The fight against JG is a pick 'em, as are fights against virtually everyone in the top 15. Then, add in the fights where he would just get beaten guaranteed (like he got beaten against Dustin). Islam, Charles...they would be huge favorites over Max.

No millionaire with kids and a history of brain trauma (slurring his words at like 25) should be clamouring for a .500 career. Just retire.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#50 » by Dupp » Wed Jul 6, 2022 3:07 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:Max has fights out there. Conor fight for one is there. No retirement yet but soon.

Conor isn't cutting to 155 for Max.

Well Conor making 155 at all is looking like a task.Dudes not even in the testing pool currently so he’s still at minimum 6 months off if he jumped back in today.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,180
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#51 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jul 6, 2022 12:55 pm

I think Max preparing for and making a transition to 155 full time at his age now would be better than the version that fought Dustin for sure.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,347

Post#52 » by Shaazzam » Wed Jul 6, 2022 1:24 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Dupp wrote:As for 155, you guys really don’t think max (and volk) can’t beat a guy like gaethje? I think they would and that’s a big time fight.

Max vs Gaethje would be awesome. Style-wise, that's insane. A pressure fighter, all focus, against a guy rolling at the hips and slinging bombs. Would JG get backed up? He might.

It's a good fight. But, once again, Max will still just be a .500 fighter. The fight against JG is a pick 'em, as are fights against virtually everyone in the top 15. Then, add in the fights where he would just get beaten guaranteed (like he got beaten against Dustin). Islam, Charles...they would be huge favorites over Max.

No millionaire with kids and a history of brain trauma (slurring his words at like 25) should be clamouring for a .500 career. Just retire.

Yeah, he may have even been slurring before 25. I love Max but really want him to get out ASAP.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts