UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira

Moderator: lilfishi22

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Re: OT: UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira 

Post#41 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:09 am

Ugalde wrote:anyone else find the woman fights to be completely boring? like don’t get me wrong when we get a rhonda rousey or nunes or cyborg it’s fun but most the female fights are horribly boring to me

Plenty of woman fights that have been great fun. Ronda Rousey was a one trick pony who got exposed once more well rounded woman fighters entered the UFC.

I think fights are way more fun now. Zhang especially is fantastic.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,814

Post#42 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:13 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Dude that Carla-Rose fight should have ended in a no contest or draw at best. Judges are idiots for scoring that fight for Carla. She literally did nothing. You have to be convincing in a W against a defending champ and she did **** all.
No, you do not - it's not wrestling.

The fight isn't scored as a whole, it's scored round by round. You cant just at the end say the fight sucks and say it's a draw. It's a 10-9 must system, not really the judges fault.

dont know if she's close to Rose because we didn't see a damn thing. If anything we saw how idiotic Rose's coaches are telling her everything is going great when all she did was dance around the cage with Carla.

But im happy she lost. Zhang is much better and way more exciting.

It doesn't make much sense to be mad at Carla but not mad at Rose. Rose was the one who was scared of getting taken down.

Anyway, the UFC gave Zhang a title shot for that reason. They think Carla is boring and would rather have an exciting and marketable champion.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#43 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:18 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:

Dude that Carla-Rose fight should have ended in a no contest or draw at best. Judges are idiots for scoring that fight for Carla. She literally did nothing. You have to be convincing in a W against a defending champ and she did **** all.
No, you do not - it's not wrestling.

The fight isn't scored as a whole, it's scored round by round. You cant just at the end say the fight sucks and say it's a draw. It's a 10-9 must system, not really the judges fault.

dont know if she's close to Rose because we didn't see a damn thing. If anything we saw how idiotic Rose's coaches are telling her everything is going great when all she did was dance around the cage with Carla.

But im happy she lost. Zhang is much better and way more exciting.

It doesn't make much sense to be mad at Carla but not mad at Rose. Rose was the one who was scared of getting taken down.

Anyway, the UFC gave Zhang a title shot for that reason. They think Carla is boring and would rather have an exciting and marketable champion.

Equally mad at both of them for wasting time that fight. I still think it should have been a draw because neither of them did enough to sway the decision in either direction.

Happy that Zhang got the W though. She's the most entertaining out of all of them.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#44 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:21 am

Izzy getting knocked??
Raul
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,361

Post#45 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:35 am

Ugalde wrote:anyone else find the woman fights to be completely boring? like don’t get me wrong when we get a rhonda rousey or nunes or cyborg it’s fun but most the female fights are horribly boring to me

Nope. Cyborgs just a freak show fight as well. You just had a great fight of Blanchfield and McCain and you come out with this take,
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Post#46 » by FreeThrowLine » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 am

I’d like to see Pereira win, however the speed difference is really apparent. He needs a big shot to land to slow Adesanya’s movement down

FFS no one wants to see these 2 guys on the ground
FreeThrowLine
Veteran

Post#47 » by FreeThrowLine » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:55 am

The UFC rushed Pereira into this fight for the storyline and it’s showing. I don’t see how he can win unless he can find a 2nd wind and lands a big shot
brutalitops
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 am

FreeThrowLine wrote:The UFC rushed Pereira into this fight for the storyline and it’s showing. I don’t see how he can win unless he can find a 2nd wind and lands a big shot

Pereria is winning
brutalitops
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 am

FreeThrowLine wrote:The UFC rushed Pereira into this fight for the storyline and it’s showing. I don’t see how he can win unless he can find a 2nd wind and lands a big shot

Lol
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,364

Post#50 » by CptCrunch » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 am

Bye lamest fighter in the MMA
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,643

Post#51 » by BloodNinja » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 am

LOL suck it Izzy talking **** and never delivering
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#52 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:58 am

Jeeeeesus Pereira has dynamite in those fists man. Izzy is supremely skilled but Pereira has that equalizer.
Raul
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#53 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 am

Oh my god I toldd youuuu
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#54 » by agentofatlas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 am

Wow. He did it. MMA is crazy.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,157

Post#55 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:01 am

I'm not surprised that Alex's power overwhelmed Izzy. I thought the stoppage was a tad premature though.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
FreeThrowLine
Veteran

Post#56 » by FreeThrowLine » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 am

brutalitops wrote:

Lol

What lol? I wanted Pereira to win, I’m glad he won

I was 100% right, he found his 2nd win and landed big shots in the last round, he was 100% on his way to a loss before that. You must not know anything about fighting if you disagree, Adesanya just didn't know what to do on the ground when he got him down :lol:
brutalitops
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:02 am

Reeko wrote:I'm not surprised that Alex's power overwhelmed Izzy. I thought the stoppage was a tad premature though.

Maybe, Probably saved Israel some brain damage, He was just weaving without knowing what he was really doing. He was in trouble after the start of the flurry.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#58 » by agentofatlas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 am

Opens the door for Whitaker to get back the belt. I think he can take Alex.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM

Post#59 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:04 am

Division fun again. I had Izzy winning that fight until the stoppage though. Alex just has that dynamite in those fists. But he's very beatable.
Raul
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,157

Post#60 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:05 am

brutalitops wrote:
Reeko wrote:I'm not surprised that Alex's power overwhelmed Izzy. I thought the stoppage was a tad premature though.

Maybe, Probably saved Israel some brain damage, He was just weaving without knowing what he was really doing. He was in trouble after the start of the flurry.

He was barely conscious, just moving off of instinct and muscle memory but still I felt like there might have been a chance of him weathering the storm, however remote the chance.

Perreira's punches are just different, it's not something you can learn, that guy was just born with this unnatural power.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts