Moderator: lilfishi22

brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,433

Re: OT: UFC 281 Adesanya vs Perreira 

Post#61 » by brutalitops » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:08 am

Reeko wrote:
brutalitops wrote:
Reeko wrote:I'm not surprised that Alex's power overwhelmed Izzy. I thought the stoppage was a tad premature though.

Maybe, Probably saved Israel some brain damage, He was just weaving without knowing what he was really doing. He was in trouble after the start of the flurry.

He was barely conscious, just moving off of instinct and muscle memory but still I felt like there might have been a chance of him weathering the storm, however remote the chance.

Perreira's punches are just different, it's not something you can learn, that guy was just born with this unnatural power.

You saw those jabs as well just really bother Israel through the fight. Apart from Jan who was a lot bigger then Izzy, Adesanya is always the bigger/longer then his opponent, But from the 4th Israel was just really in trouble. He couldnt keep Pereria at bay.
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,913

Post#62 » by theforumblue » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:08 am

I knew Izzy might get caught but I didn't think it would be at middle of 5th round.
screw these absolute garbage refs
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,636

Post#63 » by shi-woo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:09 am

Good fight, but come on Izzy...all you had to do all fight was stay off the cage, that was the only time you were in danger.

You knew he had nothin to lose and was going to throw everything at you in that moment. Just stick and move and circle out

Like DC said, this one is going to still for a long time.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,212

Post#64 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:12 am

brutalitops wrote:
Reeko wrote:
brutalitops wrote:Maybe, Probably saved Israel some brain damage, He was just weaving without knowing what he was really doing. He was in trouble after the start of the flurry.

He was barely conscious, just moving off of instinct and muscle memory but still I felt like there might have been a chance of him weathering the storm, however remote the chance.

Perreira's punches are just different, it's not something you can learn, that guy was just born with this unnatural power.

You saw those jabs as well just really bother Israel through the fight. Apart from Jan who was a lot bigger then Izzy, Adesanya is always the bigger/longer then his opponent, But from the 4th Israel was just really in trouble. He couldnt keep Pereria at bay.

I thought Izzy won the 4th. But yeah, those jabs looked heavy as ****. Perreira looks like he should be fighting at 205, he looks massive for a middleweight.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 981

Post#65 » by WESCO » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:13 am

Never seen Izzy gas or stop moving like that.
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,392

Post#66 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:13 am

Pereira now 3-0 vs Izzy.
infintybeyond
Rookie
And1: 1,802

Post#67 » by infintybeyond » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:15 am

WESCO wrote:Never seen Izzy gas or stop moving like that.

He wasn't gassed. He was concussed.
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#68 » by BoatsNZones » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:19 am

Reeko wrote:I'm not surprised that Alex's power overwhelmed Izzy. I thought the stoppage was a tad premature though.

Premature for significant CTE only. Once he was incapable of defense the ref gave him his chance until he took another hit to the face. It is highly dangerous/irresponsible to let it continue, he was about to take devastating damage.

Izzy is the more skilled fighter, but Pereira maintains his decade long ownage of him.

I'm thrilled to have an entertaining middleweight at the helm personally.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#69 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 am

BoatsNZones wrote:

Premature for significant CTE only. Once he was incapable of defense the ref gave him his chance until he took another hit to the face. It is highly dangerous/irresponsible to let it continue, he was about to take devastating damage.

Izzy is the more skilled fighter, but Pereira maintains his decade long ownage of him.

We've seen worse be allowed to continue. I thought Izzy had a chance at weathering the storm, not a great chance but a chance none the less.

Perreira's going to have to really shore up his wrestling/grappling, because Izzy was able to control him on the ground for streches. And if Izzy can do it, then you know there are wrestlers licking their chops just waiting for their shot so that they can employ the lay and pray strategy.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#70 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:36 am

shi-woo wrote:Good fight, but come on Izzy...all you had to do all fight was stay off the cage, that was the only time you were in danger.

You knew he had nothin to lose and was going to throw everything at you in that moment. Just stick and move and circle out

Like DC said, this one is going to still for a long time.

If only it were that easy.
FreeThrowLine
Veteran
And1: 4,274

Post#71 » by FreeThrowLine » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:41 am

How many questions not related to the event that just took place do they want to ask in the post fight press conference
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Post#72 » by Jkam31 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:48 am

Absolutely insane card
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Post#73 » by BoatsNZones » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:57 am

Reeko wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:

We've seen worse be allowed to continue. I thought Izzy had a chance at weathering the storm, not a great chance but a chance none the less.

Perreira's going to have to really shore up his wrestling/grappling, because Izzy was able to control him on the ground for streches. And if Izzy can do it, then you know there are wrestlers licking their chops just waiting for their shot so that they can employ the lay and pray strategy.

Lol yes and the overwhelming majority of those end in already concussed fighters (which he plainly was) knocked out cold. It was a very clear stoppage, moving on--
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#74 » by Dupp » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:08 am

Stoppage was early but ah well. Crazy ending
TheWitcher
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,195

Post#75 » by TheWitcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:24 am

Dupp wrote:Stoppage was early but ah well. Crazy ending

I love Izzy, it would’ve broken my heart a bit to see him laid out again, stiff. He was done, the ref certainly saved him from further damage and embarrassment.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,474

Post#76 » by Eyeamok » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Live the stoppage looked a bit early. On the replay it was the right call. If Izzy had more wrestling he could have tied Pereira up and been "really" defensive with body locks and inside position all on the cage.

I look forward to a rematch. Izzy was well on his way to winning that match.

It would take an insanely good wrestler with good hands to beat either one of these guys. There is no one at 185 presently that fits that bill. With that being said both fighters need some serious work on the ground at the highest level.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#77 » by Reeko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:09 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:
Reeko wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:Premature for significant CTE only. Once he was incapable of defense the ref gave him his chance until he took another hit to the face. It is highly dangerous/irresponsible to let it continue, he was about to take devastating damage.

Lol yes and the overwhelming majority of those end in already concussed fighters (which he plainly was) knocked out cold. It was a very clear stoppage, moving on--

You must be new to MMA.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#78 » by Mike lorenzo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:19 pm

Reeko wrote:
BoatsNZones wrote:
Reeko wrote:We've seen worse be allowed to continue. I thought Izzy had a chance at weathering the storm, not a great chance but a chance none the less.

You must be new to MMA.
I have been training daily for more than a decade and I have been following the sport since the beginning of Pride. the fight is (very) well stopped ... at first it seemed premature, just watch the replay
1+1=11
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,814

Post#79 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:30 pm

MMA isn't Mortal Kombat. You do not have to get knocked down to get TKO'd.

Israel was done. He had plenty of chances to fight back and he didn't (couldn't).
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 787

Post#80 » by Movics » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Any homeless cats on Realgm? Great forum never read it
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts