Moderator: lilfishi22

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: 282 

Post#21 » by Dupp » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:48 am

I also thought paddy lost but wasn’t outraged like everyone else. I thought it was a really close fight.

Agreed about paddys striking has improved. His defense is ads though. Dudes chin seams fairly good.

His BJJ is really high level though. He’s very dangerous on the mat and very aggressive. His BJJ is fun..
Dupp
RealGM

Post#22 » by Dupp » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:49 am

Ilia is the story though. Man did he run through Bryce. So impressive
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,148
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#23 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:07 am

I feel like Paddy only goes at Topuria so hard because he knows uncle Dana won't let that slaughter happen.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,361

Post#24 » by brutalitops » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:22 am

Dupp wrote:Jan very clearly won rounds 2 and 3 and round 1 was close. Nothing wrong with him winning. The scorecards were just funky and Magomed finished really strong so it appeared like he killed him.

On first watch I really didn’t see the 5th as 10-8 but maybe I’m wrong there.

I honestly see it as pretty much a 10-8, Magomed controlled everything and got close to stopping the fight because Jan couldnt stop the hammer fists

Dana can suck a dick however saying it wasnt impressive, the guy looked cooked third round, Leg kicks minced him, changed his gameplan and had huge sucess.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,361

Post#25 » by brutalitops » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:24 am

Dupp wrote:Ilia is the story though. Man did he run through Bryce. So impressive

Right? When he got Bryce on the ground you wouldnt guess Mitchell had 9 submission victorys. He just absolutely manhandled Mitchell
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#26 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:29 pm

Ilia's stand-up, though...he's obviously ridiculously powerful, but those are some wide punches. Mitchell hung in there for longer than I would have expected.

Topuria got effed up bad in his previous fight before dropping a hammer.

LOL. That said, those wide punches are precisely Paddy's kryptonite. Paddy having no vision or head movement.

It's going to be super conspicuous if the UFC still don't let them fight even after having them on the same card 2x in a row (3x?).
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,148
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#27 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:51 am

Mitchell is a guy whose entire repertoire is grappling(and it's damn good), and there are guys that can do that to him while also being far superior strikers. The 135-170 range is so stacked these days.

I love how we have to pretend that Paddy is too young to fight anyone relevant, or that he's inexperienced lol. It's similar to how when Yan and O'Malley were fighting, commentary acts like O'Malley was a 19 year old with 4 fights or something.

Paddy is two years older than Ilia, has 10 more total fights, and 1 less UFC fight, but all we're going to hear is "He shouldn't fight somenoe good, he's so young, they have to build him up!"

"Build him up" is the worst part of combat sports IMO.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#28 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:43 pm

It's actually going to be very funny to watch the UFC stammer and shuffle as they try to find guys bad enough for Paddy to face, all the while avoiding the Ilia match.

I mean, they'll have to start getting over-the-hill vets, I think. They can't be giving him guys with 1-2 records or guys fresh to the org. That's just too ridiculous. So who do they get? Frankie Edgar out of retirement? Cerrone? He might be able to hang with Cerrone.

The funniest thing is that, although he's obviously got a low ceiling and just will never be top 10 (considering the killers at 1155), his social media numbers are RIDICULOUS. His solo videos on his personal site get more than entire event promos. So they are trapped. They can't actually just make a fair assessment of his skills, and therefore let him sink or swim. They have to keep up the facade.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#29 » by Susan » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:52 am

Dupp wrote:I also thought paddy lost but wasn’t outraged like everyone else. I thought it was a really close fight.

Agreed about paddys striking has improved. His defense is ads though. Dudes chin seams fairly good.

His BJJ is really high level though. He’s very dangerous on the mat and very aggressive. His BJJ is fun..

Paddy Van Zant
Dupp
RealGM

Post#30 » by Dupp » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:17 am

He still lost 30-27

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts