Francis' Bet Pays off - Fancis/Fury 10/28

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,432

Francis' Bet Pays off - Fancis/Fury 10/28 

Post#1 » by Susan » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:07 pm

**** Dana and Hunter - get your money big man!
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Re: Francis' Bet Pays off - Fancis/Fury 10/28 

Post#2 » by Dupp » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:18 pm

**** them clowns and **** everyone that said he fumbled.

Man’s got the bag, got a great deal with pfl, got options in his contract to influence change for fights and kept his dignity.

Literally the only guy ever to bet on himself like this and try this hard to change the game. Good for him and **** anyone critical of him.
Susan
RealGM

Post#3 » by Susan » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:32 am

Dupp wrote:**** them clowns and **** everyone that said he fumbled.

Man’s got the bag, got a great deal with pfl, got options in his contract to influence change for fights and kept his dignity.

Literally the only guy ever to bet on himself like this and try this hard to change the game. Good for him and **** anyone critical of him.

Truly the best the sport has to offer.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:43 am

What's he going to make? Cos if he only makes, say, 3x what he would have in a single UFC fight, I don't see the big deal. This is a one-off. If it doesn't lead to further opportunities, it's not a huge windfall.

It sounds like this is some sorta work, right? Not a real fight?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#5 » by Dupp » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:41 pm

Eddie Hearn said it was an exhibition but it’s not.

Only issue is if it’s not sanctioned it might have to be an “exhibition” but it’ll still just be a normal boxing fight.

They sanctioned Conor and Floyd so why not?

He’ll make way more than 3 x his ufc pay. Man was getting 600k his last fight. Dunno what his last offer was. Talk is 8 mil but we dunno if that was 8x3 or 8 mil total for the 3 fights.
This is a huge fight. He’ll get paid a tonne and can wear sponsors to the ring.
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Post#6 » by Clav » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:29 pm

Dupp wrote:Eddie Hearn said it was an exhibition but it’s not.

Only issue is if it’s not sanctioned it might have to be an “exhibition” but it’ll still just be a normal boxing fight.

They sanctioned Conor and Floyd so why not?

He’ll make way more than 3 x his ufc pay. Man was getting 600k his last fight. Dunno what his last offer was. Talk is 8 mil but we dunno if that was 8x3 or 8 mil total for the 3 fights.
This is a huge fight. He’ll get paid a tonne and can wear sponsors to the ring.

It should be a very profitable fight. From now until October there's ample time to promote, sponsors in the ring, probably a small card (if any supporting fights of note), and a huge PPV buy-in. I think both fighters will take home 2+ Million - Dupp do you have a link for the 8x3 or 8 million for 3 fights I wanna read that?

All I can find of note is that [online]...

The Fury news comes on the heels of an already unprecedented contract Ngannou signed with PFL that includes equity in the company, a role on the PFL board of directors, makes Ngannou the chairman of PFL’s expansion into Africa, gives him the freedom to pursue his own sponsors, and guarantees $2 million purses for each of Ngannou’s PFL opponents.

or 1 million minimum for each fight
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#7 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:49 pm

The Saudi's are going to pay ridiculous sums to get in the building, the gate is going to be massive. Francis is probably going to be north of 30+ million if I was shooting off wild guesses. he'll make more than 2 from ads on his shorts.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Susan
RealGM

Post#8 » by Susan » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:29 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:What's he going to make? Cos if he only makes, say, 3x what he would have in a single UFC fight, I don't see the big deal. This is a one-off. If it doesn't lead to further opportunities, it's not a huge windfall.

It sounds like this is some sorta work, right? Not a real fight?

The entire thing catapults him to a higher stratosphere - think of Conor's current profile compared to any other UFC star ever and think about how much of that has to do with the fact that he fought Floyd.

Even if he loses like Conor did, his Q rating shoots through the moon and the future value of his fights goes through the roof with very little risk.

Sitting in the UFC with Dana pissing on your obvious stardom was very much so not the move.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#9 » by Jasen777 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:49 am

It's just normal boxing rules right? Not even light gloves or something?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts