All Elite Wrestling Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#361 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:55 pm

AEW is a joke. Tony is a joke. The bucks are a joke. WO is a joke. What a horrible moment for pro wrestling thats gonna go down in history as the end of AEW. I wouldn't be shocked if the next dynamite doesn't even brake 700k

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Post#362 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm

Dude get over it, just stop watching and following them, you're clearly a mark for WWE and CM Punk, so just be content that by all reports they're doing well. No reaosn to whine and complain about the other option.

I for one dont watch WWE anymore and wont watch any company that employs the near 50 year old Phil who still acts like a teenage hot head, but gets injured 2 minutes into a match, i guess at least he lasts longer than he does in MMA.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#363 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:50 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Dude get over it, just stop watching and following them, you're clearly a mark for WWE and CM Punk, so just be content that by all reports they're doing well. No reaosn to whine and complain about the other option.

I for one dont watch WWE anymore and wont watch any company that employs the near 50 year old Phil who still acts like a teenage hot head, but gets injured 2 minutes into a match, i guess at least he lasts longer than he does in MMA.

Idk, I've watched AEW since Day 1 and have went to several shows and I'm about done with them just because of how inept and how bad of a leader Tony is.

WWE has definitely deserved criticism, but HHH has turned it around and made it as hot as its been in well over a decade. If you can't enjoy WWE right now, I'm not sure what to tell you.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#364 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:03 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Dude get over it, just stop watching and following them, you're clearly a mark for WWE and CM Punk, so just be content that by all reports they're doing well. No reaosn to whine and complain about the other option.

Idk, I've watched AEW since Day 1 and have went to several shows and I'm about done with them just because of how inept and how bad of a leader Tony is.

WWE has definitely deserved criticism, but HHH has turned it around and made it as hot as its been in well over a decade. If you can't enjoy WWE right now, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Tony is not a great leader no doubt and the intentions of airing the footage was obvious, but CM Punk is a jerk and a liar, he acted like he did nothing wrong and even with a muted audio it shows he was the aggressor. He always is, wherever he goes there's dissension and a problem, not to mention a far left liberal whack job.

I'm sure WWE is doing better with HHH in charge vs Vince, but the long title reigns arent for me. The Reigns one makes sense, he's a dominant figure at the top, but also having Gunter and Bianca's reigns coincide with it, its just too much. Not to mention having Jimmy Uso rejoin the Bloodline after he was the first to revolt and look out for his brother, made no sense.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#365 » by SunsLyf3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:29 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

Tony is not a great leader no doubt and the intentions of airing the footage was obvious, but CM Punk is a jerk and a liar, he acted like he did nothing wrong and even with a muted audio it shows he was the aggressor. He always is, wherever he goes there's dissension and a problem, not to mention a far left liberal whack job.

I'm sure WWE is doing better with HHH in charge vs Vince, but the long title reigns arent for me. The Reigns one makes sense, he's a dominant figure at the top, but also having Gunter and Bianca's reigns coincide with it, its just too much. Not to mention having Jimmy Uso rejoin the Bloodline after he was the first to revolt and look out for his brother, made no sense.

And yet, everything you've criticized is part of the reason why WWE has been so successful in recent years. Long title reigns made the belts hold value. You can nitpick Jimmy turning but even that paid off dividends and helped catapult Jey Uso. And sure you can hate Punk but the man is a huge draw and his mic work is some of the best in the business. Even with an injured arm he's putting in great work with Drew. Meanwhile Tony is doing everything he can to derail what's been built. They're lucky to have a very talented roster with some good mic work. That's keeping them from sinking with some of the questionable booking.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#366 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 pm

SunsLyf3 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

And yet, everything you've criticized is part of the reason why WWE has been so successful in recent years. Long title reigns made the belts hold value. You can nitpick Jimmy turning but even that paid off dividends and helped catapult Jey Uso. And sure you can hate Punk but the man is a huge draw and his mic work is some of the best in the business. Even with an injured arm he's putting in great work with Drew. Meanwhile Tony is doing everything he can to derail what's been built. They're lucky to have a very talented roster with some good mic work. That's keeping them from sinking with some of the questionable booking.

To me there's a difference between having the belts hold value and having 3 record setting title reigns all happen at the same time, those type of things dont happen in any walk of life, and it actually lessens each other's title reign because the other guy is also doing it. Also dont think Jimmy skyrocketed Jey, Jey did it with his personality. That moment where he said Im out too and kicked Roman siding with his brother, was historic ill give WWE that. WHich made it all the more head scratching why they turned him. For the big WM match? From what i read, most thought that match was disappointing.

But we can move on, as this is an AEW thread so we should be talking about them. Just tired of that other poster constantly coming ehr whining about AEW because he's team WWE and Punk.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#367 » by SunsLyf3 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:43 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

To me there's a difference between having the belts hold value and having 3 record setting title reigns all happen at the same time, those type of things dont happen in any walk of life, and it actually lessens each other's title reign because the other guy is also doing it. Also dont think Jimmy skyrocketed Jey, Jey did it with his personality. That moment where he said Im out too and kicked Roman siding with his brother, was historic ill give WWE that. WHich made it all the more head scratching why they turned him. For the big WM match? From what i read, most thought that match was disappointing.

But we can move on, as this is an AEW thread so we should be talking about them. Just tired of that other poster constantly coming ehr whining about AEW because he's team WWE and Punk.

Fair enough. The footage, regardless of where you side, hurts AEW more than anything though. I understand how it was used but all it did was dig up the past and bring Punk back in the picture.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#368 » by tugs » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 am

I get the objective of airing the footage a week back. I don't get why AEW is still milking the fact they aired the footage after the fact

Buzz created, then move on. If this continues it just looks, excuse my language, pathetic on their end.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#369 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:34 am

For how dumb AEW has been lately, they can still pull out MOTY candidates like Danielson/Ospreay. What an incredible match.

Swerve/Joe and the ladder match also were very good, but the PPV will be remembered for that match.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,927

Post#370 » by tugs » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:30 am

Not trying to nitpick but the Bryan-Will post match injury angle could've benefited more if they had a "medical team" attending to a Danielson on a stretcher.

Pushing a neck injury having only a guy in gloves and a wrestler holding the injured guy and assisting to the back on his own power is a thing of the past
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#371 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:19 pm

heatwillbeback wrote:For how dumb AEW has been lately, they can still pull out MOTY candidates like Danielson/Ospreay. What an incredible match.

Swerve/Joe and the ladder match also were very good, but the PPV will be remembered for that match.

Pac/Okada match was also phenomenal
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#372 » by heatwillbeback » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:21 am

Ok. This is legit funny.

Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#373 » by gambitx777 » Today 12:14 pm

Naw I won't. It's bad wrestling. It's a trash company with trash ass garbage matched 60 % of the time and barley any stories. There is stuff I enjoy, swerve is dope. Mjf is a treasure. Hooks ok when they don't stifle him. But Tony's a dip **** plain and simple and the ratings this week showed. He jumped the shark with this stupid stunt where he buried his new world champ so he could mark out taking a melterz driver then proceeded to parade him self on TVwoth a neck brace no selling the neck brace and injury. He's a joke and the company is a joke. Don't be shocked if this TV deal that's been imminent for 13 months doesn't happen at all.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Pro Wrestling