Dark Side of the Ring

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Re: Dark Side of the Ring 

Post#21 » by Dominator83 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:45 am

The funniest thing I took away from this last episode was The Godfather talking about smoking up with Gillburg
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,059

Post#22 » by Stanford » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:34 am

I don't agree with Jim Cornette on anything

Except Vince Russo.

The man is a trash. His disdain for professional wrestling really bothers me. And hearing him giggle seeing JBL suffering an obvious brain injury was disgusting.

Other than Russo, I liked everyone in that episode. Droz seems like an awesome guy. Godfather is hilarious. Butterbean was great. Love hearing him talk about how stupid the idea was. Bart Gunn came across as very likeable as well.

But my God is Russo a ****.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,217

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:14 am

Stanford wrote:I don't agree with Jim Cornette on anything

Except Vince Russo.

The man is a trash. His disdain for professional wrestling really bothers me. And hearing him giggle seeing JBL suffering an obvious brain injury was disgusting.

Other than Russo, I liked everyone in that episode. Droz seems like an awesome guy. Godfather is hilarious. Butterbean was great. Love hearing him talk about how stupid the idea was. Bart Gunn came across as very likeable as well.

But my God is Russo a ****.

The arrogance on that man saying he thought it was entertaining :lol:.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:03 am

How did I grow up like an hour or so from Allentown and not know about Snuka?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,342

Post#25 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:03 pm

So, I’ve always known about this case on a casual level, but holy hell this is damn near criminal negligence from that local law enforcement. That autopsy report urging for the death to be investigated as a homicide being ignored and Vince with the off the record meeting with the chief of police. Then Tongan Kid accidentally blowing up Snuka’s story on camera. This is such a bizarre story. To let a clear murderer walk with no repercussions. Jeezus. I feel so bad for Nancy’s family.
Do it for Chuck
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#26 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:45 pm

bondom34 wrote:How did I grow up like an hour or so from Allentown and not know about Snuka?

It was kept hush and the media coverage isn't what it is today. The perfect storm for Snuka

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#27 » by whysoserious » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:38 pm

I'm a few episodes behind you guys but just watched the New Jack one. Pretty crazy story he's got. Also, how far hardcore really went on the underground is crazy.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#28 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:29 pm

bondom34 wrote:How did I grow up like an hour or so from Allentown and not know about Snuka?

Fwiw, I met Snuka at a wrestling convention a few years after he retired. He seemed like a nice gentle guy. He had his own table there with all kinds of stuff that he signed and chatted with fans. Next to his table was a table with Greg Valentine - who looked the opposite - I would have believed it if someone said he was a serial killer.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#29 » by whysoserious » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Fully caught up, watched the Dino Bravo episode last night.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#30 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:25 am

Weird how there was no After Dark this week

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:02 am

Its insanely interesting to me to learn these things like 25 years after watching these guys. Never knew any of this about a few (Bravo for sure, Snuka I didn't know either tbh).
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#32 » by whysoserious » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Just watched the recent episode on Dr. D David Schultz. Fascinating story that i never really new of.

This whole series tends to put WWE in some bad light and Vinnie Mac. There's people involved that likely never return to WWE, but Jericho is narrating it and I wonder what their relationship may be like.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#33 » by Scott Hall » Mon May 4, 2020 3:22 am

Read on Twitter
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by bondom34 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:01 am

Man for some reason the end of this episode is really getting to me. Seeing all the guys Mike/Hawk was in wrestling with and his manager talking about his eulogy just gets me.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#35 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 am

Is there a free possibilty to watch that episodes?
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#36 » by Scott Hall » Thu May 14, 2020 4:21 am

Another great episode full of so much information most people didn't know about...

- Hawk was a huge fan of He-Man the cartoon in the 80's
- Hung out with the Japanese mafia
- That he was wasted during the SummerSlam 1992 match (watched that match several times through the years and never noticed)
- That him an Animal had a falling out and that's why he started tagging with Power Warrior in Japan
- The reasoning to why Droz was added as an insurance member in 1998
- Details on his coke binges
- The effect it had on Animal and Paul Ellerings career

This episode could've gone 2 hours... They didn't touch on it but now it makes sense why Hawk and Animal both
had singles runs in WCW, ECW and Japan between late 1992-1995 and didn't tag much if at all until 1996 in WCW.

I really believe Hawk could've been a world champ in the 80's and early 90's
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,313

Post#37 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat May 16, 2020 7:18 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:Is there a free possibilty to watch that episodes?

If you’re looking for the episodes, most (or maybe all) of them are on YouTube.

I think the series is really well done. They manage to get extremely relevant interviewees and people close to the situation(s) to flesh the story out. Only ones I haven’t seen are the Dino Bravo episode and the Road Warriors episode.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#38 » by Scott Hall » Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 am

Owen Hart man it still hurts...

I still have the VHS of the live recording as I was taping it at the time while watching with a friend.
Owen Hart was a top 3 wrestler of mine and 20 plus years later nothing has changed.

One thing I learned from this is that it is weird that the police didn't stop the show as it was a potential
crime scene.

Time isn't gonna heal the wounds of this one. Owen will never be in the HOF or in their video games
and other products. At least we have the network where we can watch most of his career.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,342

Post#39 » by jakecronus8 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Very happy to see Owen’s kids seemingly on paths to live great fulfilling lives. The wrestling fan in me knows it sucks that Owen will never get his night, but the human in me understands Martha Hart. What the Hart family has done to her (including Bret, though to a lesser extent than the others) is truly disgusting. That family is a bunch of carnies.
Do it for Chuck
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by bondom34 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:49 am

That one was just crushing to watch. Glad his kids and wife seem to be OK, but man that one was the saddest of all I think to me.

Return to Pro Wrestling