All Elite Wrestling Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#241 » by daoneandonly » Thu Sep 7, 2023 7:36 pm

CM Punk had issues with Jericho and Mox, I dont think either of those guys tow the ELite line. The common denominator is CM **** Punk, the only people are AEW haters and WWE loyalists. Probably think Seth and Asuka are 2 of the best character sin all of pro wrestling when in fact, they're the same exact character.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,057

Post#242 » by Dominator83 » Fri Sep 8, 2023 11:46 pm

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/early-estimates-on-aew-all-in-all-out-ppv-buys

You can't deny that besides putting asses in the seats , he also sells PPVs
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,582

Post#243 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Sep 9, 2023 6:43 am

IMO top 5 MVPs of AEW's history with soon to be four years since first Dynamite

1. MJF - It has been mostly MJF's show from the start, with his promo/character work popping compared to most AEW wrestlers who are in ring ability first, Dynamite has extremely benefitted from having MJF go out and talk for 15 minutes. There is also not that many heels on AEW that people genuinely cheer against (why Christian is doing great work for them), so in early years before they started cheering him, having a true POS villain was important.

2. Chris Jericho - Wrestlers at Jericho's age want to spend their last years putting people over and he's done a great job either feuding with people or having them in his faction, he helped get some guys like MJF and Page on road to champion and helped people like Garcia go from nothing to at least midcard jobber. His matches may not be 5 star classics but a lot have been pretty good and he can still go enough to be put with a guy like Ospraey to this day. He was the first champion instrumental to early viral moments putting it on the map. He can play face or heel.

3. Jon Moxley - While you can be cynical about repetitiveness of the hardcore matches, at least he makes it feel real to help balance out the Young Bucks type of style. He was the first babyface champion and bringing WWE eyes, and helped AEW in unexpected circumstances leading way in peak pandemic months and became interim champion after Punk injury. He is probably one of AEW's most underrated promos.

4. Kenny Omega - Omega is probably the in ring MVP in their history having some of people's favorite matches of the year in both singles and with the Elite, which helps keep AEW's credibility with the smart alecs and keeps them favoring it over NXT. He had the longest title run with semi-pandemic conditions. The promo skills are marginal but the use of Callis has made it work. I don't put him higher because some of what he does is overlapped by some other wrestlers like Danielson.

5. Adam Page - I was tempted to not include him since it seems like they don't use him sometimes, but I guess he can get the edge over short term flame Punk or midcard like Darby/Orange, as one of the champions and as their most permanent babyface when AEW sometimes doesn't have true face/heel, allowing them to have feel good babyface title win when he beat Omega.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#244 » by gambitx777 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:40 am

I hope Tony Kahn gets sued into oblivion for wrongful termination. Not only by punk. But, ace steel. He was fired for absolutely no reason other than the bucks wanted it to happen and he was friends with punk. Before any of the AEW buckarooo lovers start drying about it being justified because he bit Kenny. He was fired for that. Then brought back and was by reports a well behaved employe since. Firing now with out cause should be an easy wrongful termination law suit.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#245 » by Marcus » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:54 pm

anyone have the slightest inkling that the Punk firing MIGHT be a work?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#246 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:36 am

Roddy vs Joe should be good. I think they should make Roddy face MJF at Grand Slam and make MJF vs Samoa Joe and Cole vs Roddy at Wrestledream. So you would have to do something like MJF cost Joe the match.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#247 » by daoneandonly » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:05 pm

Yea wrongful temrination for a guy who brings zero to the business other than being coat tail rider of the biggest prick in the business.

You hate AEW we get it, you're a WWE fanboy, so just stop watching AEW and posting about it
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#248 » by Lord Eder » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:44 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Roddy vs Joe should be good. I think they should make Roddy face MJF at Grand Slam and make MJF vs Samoa Joe and Cole vs Roddy at Wrestledream. So you would have to do something like MJF cost Joe the match.

Yeah I could see it going this way too. I dunno if I’d use MJF to screw Joe though, I think that makes him look weak. Could use The Kingdom to aid Roddy against Joe. Then Kingdom could interfere in the title match at Grand Slam as well, causing Cole to run in for the save, setting up Cole vs Roddy at Wrestledream. Then Joe demands his rightful title shot after being screwed which Khan grants for Wrestledream as well.

Somewhere down the line, I think Starks should be the guy to take it off Max.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#249 » by gambitx777 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:25 am

daoneandonly wrote:Yea wrongful temrination for a guy who brings zero to the business other than being coat tail rider of the biggest prick in the business.

You hate AEW we get it, you're a WWE fanboy, so just stop watching AEW and posting about it
That's not a reasonable reason to fire someone under the letter of the law. If he was doing the work given to him and not causing any issues under his current employment. It is wrongful termination.

Also. I am allowed to have my opinion, I'm allowed to talk about it.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#250 » by daoneandonly » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:49 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Yea wrongful temrination for a guy who brings zero to the business other than being coat tail rider of the biggest prick in the business.

That's not a reasonable reason to fire someone under the letter of the law. If he was doing the work given to him and not causing any issues under his current employment. It is wrongful termination.

Go back and look at what wrongful termination is. People can be fired at will in most jobs, and Ace Steele was lucky to have a job let alone be brought back after biting someone like a 4 year old child.

Your opinions are getting tired, people are trying to have a discussion about AEW and all u do is whine and moan about it because its an alternative to ur perfect WWE.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#251 » by gambitx777 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:15 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Go back and look at what wrongful termination is. People can be fired at will in most jobs, and Ace Steele was lucky to have a job let alone be brought back after biting someone like a 4 year old child.

Your opinions are getting tired, people are trying to have a discussion about AEW and all u do is whine and moan about it because its an alternative to ur perfect WWE.
And he has the right to sue and let a judge and hurry decide if this firing was justified or not. Especially if he was under contract. He was fired then brought back it doesn't matter if why they brought him back.

I have ever right to share my opinion on why I diss like the things AEW does and I will share them here until the end of time! Weather you like it or not. It says something about the company that people are more interested in talking about the drama than the show itself!

Word on the street jade is headed to WWE. Personally I think she's a bit old and way to green to not need to be in developmental, I don't know how well she will do.

Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#252 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:41 pm

I know he's not exactly a talker but Brian Cage's in ring ability is pretty solid for a guy that size. I'd like to see WWE get their hands on him.

The women's world title just seems like it gets passed around to me, it will probably go back to Toni. I think the TBS belt feels like more serious athletic competition.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#253 » by daoneandonly » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:48 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I know he's not exactly a talker but Brian Cage's in ring ability is pretty solid for a guy that size. I'd like to see WWE get their hands on him.

The women's world title just seems like it gets passed around to me, it will probably go back to Toni. I think the TBS belt feels like more serious athletic competition.

Yea Toni is doing great character work now, but you cant put the title on her this quickly. The TNT title has lost all credibility because they keep playing hot potato with it, and killed Wardlow's character in the process.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,321

Post#254 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:22 pm

WWE on the heels of a historic merger with UFC. Speculation on AEW's biggest star returning at Survivor Series. AEW's biggest female star jumping ship.

Meanwhile

Read on Twitter

The stellar groundbreaking work of your EVPs, ladies and gentlemen.
Do it for Chuck
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#255 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:09 am

That Collision had a lot of random ROH tag teams.

Statlander main evented Rampage and Collision and it was arguably the match of the night both times (easily the best Jade match and Baker's 2nd highest rated match on cagematch right now behind Lights Out). Just make her the AEW champ and build the division around her, she has great size/looks tough and is only 28.

I lol'd at Miro doing his intense redeemer promo and having to say "hot and flexible wife" in the middle of it.

Kind of wish Dark Order had a less jobbery gimmick since I think they're talented.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#256 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:49 am

Average rating for last three shows

Dynamite - 882,000, 0.31 18-49
Collision - 429,000, 0.13
Rampage - 364,000, 0.11

Raw - 1.46 million, 0.45
Smackdown - 2.36 million, 0.63
NXT - 712,000, 0.20

Collision being that close to Rampage is a little disappointing although I think Friday>Saturday for tv ratings.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#257 » by gambitx777 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:25 am

NXT is killing it these days the 2.0 kids really hit there groove. Man the ratings are great almost passing dynamite.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#258 » by daoneandonly » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:26 pm

Great episode of Dynamite. KIngston getting the world title was a special moment. COle/MJF/Roddy continues to be one of the best stories in wrestling.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#259 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:53 pm

Nice mini PPV, a lot of intense type wrestlers (Kingston, Moxley, Joe, even Saraya) which is good. I like the Guevera move since I expected Jericho to put him over leading to Le Sex Gods tag team title win so it was a bit unexpected overall to make them feud. If not for how Jericho will probably not beat him again, his sell laying out after the top rope codebreaker could have been re-used like when Owens get helluva kicked. Moxley losing the title felt wrong but it must have been cause of the injury. I like Fenix but I think FTW title would have made more sense if it was on purpose. MJF seemingly having just a tag match at Wrestledream is disappointing.
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#260 » by Lord Eder » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:04 pm

No way was the Fenix win the planned finish. Mox must’ve felt scrambled eggs in his brain after getting his bell rung at the beginning and then dropped on his head at the end.

I thought he broke his neck tbh. Scary moment. Glad he was able to walk out on his own, but he had to have known he would need to be off a while and called the audible. Fenix wouldn’t be my first choice but he’s also not entirely unbelievable as International Champ, it’s not like he’s AR Fox or some of the other fodder.

Injuries aside though, this was a great show. PPV quality on cable TV. Toni Storm’s fallen starlet gimmick is great, once she wins it back it’s gonna be huge. She’s been the ace of the women’s division since coming over IMO.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky

Return to Pro Wrestling