WWE Raw Discussion III

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Re: WWE Raw Discussion III 

Post#41 » by improper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:06 am

I think Rollins has been dead in the water since he came back from injury and the crowd rabidly wanted to support him, but then Vince had him cut the heel promo the next night solely to keep pushing Reigns. Rollins hasn't been the same since. They needed to bring him back as a face and they totally blew it. He got a HUGE pop when he returned and hit Reigns with the pedigree. That heel promo the next night buried him.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#42 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:19 am

Scott Hall wrote:
Spens1 wrote:This company is full of ****. So both winners are going to raw and smackdown gets left with what, absolutely nothing yet again.

I want nothing to do with a Rollins vs Lesnar match (Rollins is good, he's no Balor and he certainly is no Bryan or Styles), just get his stale ass off of raw.

it also hurts smackdown cause they lose their biggest star, the only thing that smackdown has going for it now is Bryan, everything else on that show is dead for the most part (maybe Almas and Rey is ok, but if the rumours are true, that's about to die also). Send Sasha and Bayley to smackdown at least to do something.

Well there's usually a big shakeup or draft a week after WM so I'm not sure if any of that stuff even matters much.
They probably wouldn't even do it if Becky wasn't red hot and the money match wasn't her vs. Ronda.

Yeah I don't know what is with Rollins and why he isn't connecting with a lot of people... As a performer he's really
talented he's a good talker and great worker has a decent look and gets really good pops yet feels stale and just not
on a main event level or a guy you want to see in the Main Event of WM especially if it's against Lesnar. A match with
Bryan or Styles would be great though.

It's gotta be Vinces piss poor booking that just doesn't have him feel as special and legit as he should. He also hasn't
had any great PPV matches in awhile but honestly next to nobody did on the entire main roster for the year of 2018.

It absolutely is, around mid 2018 to even around Survivor Series or so, he was probably the hottest or second hottest act in the entire company, two bad feuds later (one with McIntyre & Ziggler and one with Ambrose, something no one could ever have thought would happen) and he's ice cold and that comes down to the booking of both feuds.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#43 » by Spens1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 am

Scott Hall wrote:I feel bad for Ronda getting crapped on by those annoying Becky stans

Well then she shouldn't have been cutting heelish promos. Its clear Ronda will be the heel of this feud.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#44 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 am

Spens1 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Spens1 wrote:This company is full of ****. So both winners are going to raw and smackdown gets left with what, absolutely nothing yet again.

I want nothing to do with a Rollins vs Lesnar match (Rollins is good, he's no Balor and he certainly is no Bryan or Styles), just get his stale ass off of raw.

it also hurts smackdown cause they lose their biggest star, the only thing that smackdown has going for it now is Bryan, everything else on that show is dead for the most part (maybe Almas and Rey is ok, but if the rumours are true, that's about to die also). Send Sasha and Bayley to smackdown at least to do something.

Well there's usually a big shakeup or draft a week after WM so I'm not sure if any of that stuff even matters much.
They probably wouldn't even do it if Becky wasn't red hot and the money match wasn't her vs. Ronda.

Yeah I don't know what is with Rollins and why he isn't connecting with a lot of people... As a performer he's really
talented he's a good talker and great worker has a decent look and gets really good pops yet feels stale and just not
on a main event level or a guy you want to see in the Main Event of WM especially if it's against Lesnar. A match with
Bryan or Styles would be great though.

It's gotta be Vinces piss poor booking that just doesn't have him feel as special and legit as he should. He also hasn't
had any great PPV matches in awhile but honestly next to nobody did on the entire main roster for the year of 2018.

It absolutely is, around mid 2018 to even around Survivor Series or so, he was probably the hottest or second hottest act in the entire company, two bad feuds later (one with McIntyre & Ziggler and one with Ambrose, something no one could ever have thought would happen) and he's ice cold and that comes down to the booking of both feuds.

Also I think RAW guys are all affected by having to be on the same roster as Brock and Strowman. The Universal tittle
is never around and never defended on the show and then you have Strowman who just kills everybody else. Didn't
Rollins win the IC tittle at last years WM? Nothing against that belt but to me it made him feel like a mid carder.

Outside of Kevin Owens he doesn't have any chemistry with anybody he's a guy who would completely benefit going
to Smackdown wrestling on a show he's barely been on and wrestling guys his size who a lot of them are fresh opponents.

He's also gotta deliver more in big matches and stand out from the other slumping guys like AJ, Shinkske, KO,
Ambrose, etc.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by improper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 am

Scott Hall wrote:Also I think RAW guys are all affected by having to be on the same roster as Brock and Strowman. The Universal tittle
is never around and never defended on the show and then you have Strowman who just kills everybody else. Didn't
Rollins win the IC tittle at last years WM? Nothing against that belt but to me it made him feel like a mid carder.

Outside of Kevin Owens he doesn't have any chemistry with anybody he's a guy who would completely benefit going
to Smackdown wrestling on a show he's barely been on and wrestling guys his size who a lot of them are fresh opponents.

He's also gotta deliver more in big matches and stand out from the other slumping guys like Bryan, Shinkske, KO,
Ambrose, etc.

Personally, I think the fact that they tabbed NXT for Halftime Heat tells you everything you need to know about the state of the main roster men's division. Can anyone think of six main roster guys who they could have thrown into a six man tag match and actually made people care? Meanwhile, I am actually pumped for the NXT Halftime Heat because it features six guys who feel like stars.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#46 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:08 am

Butch718 wrote:I’m not a Ronda fan, however that promo she cut about being able to kill Becky with her bare hands was legit badass. They need more of that from her.

I thought it was pure gold - both Ronda and Becky killed it last night. Best promo I've seen in a long time. It didn't even matter that Becky lost clean to Asuka earlier.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,055

Post#47 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:27 am

Just watched it. I agree, the Becky-Ronda promo was good. I think Ronda benefited from having the boos in the background. When **** is loud, you can cover up the tiny mistakes easier.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#48 » by Butch718 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Butch718 wrote:I’m not a Ronda fan, however that promo she cut about being able to kill Becky with her bare hands was legit badass. They need more of that from her.

I thought it was pure gold - both Ronda and Becky killed it last night. Best promo I've seen in a long time. It didn't even matter that Becky lost clean to Asuka earlier.

I actually think Ronda should use that in her next promo.

It should go something along the lines of

"if Asuka made you tap, imagine what I'll do to you."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 17,055

Post#49 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:47 pm

Ronda is already using "I was a champion in a real sport," which is going well beyond "the wrestler on the other show made you fake tap out."
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by improper » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:13 am

Read on Twitter

Man, Becky is just savage af.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#51 » by Scott Hall » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:21 am

Rousey wow
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,190

Post#52 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:34 am

Its pretty pathetic that Stephanie/HHH feel the need to inject themselves into every successful storyline. Nobody wanted you in this, Steph!
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#53 » by Scott Hall » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:03 am

They hyped up that fake Kurt Angle retirement announcement all weekend for that garbage?
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,190

Post#54 » by heatwillbeback » Tue Feb 5, 2019 2:32 am

god awful show so far.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#55 » by Spens1 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:17 am

Well, normal programming has resumed, Raw is back to being absolutely abhorrently bad.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,340

Post#56 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:56 am

So EC3 officially has no chance. Wasn't allowed to speak in his promo and made him look like a joke with a fluke victory over the guy that's leaving. Didn't think he was world champion material but thought he could be a Miz level mid card act.
Do it for Chuck
Spens1
RealGM

Post#57 » by Spens1 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 11:49 am

jakecronus8 wrote:So EC3 officially has no chance. Wasn't allowed to speak in his promo and made him look like a joke with a fluke victory over the guy that's leaving. Didn't think he was world champion material but thought he could be a Miz level mid card act.

Which is a miracle because he was legit the best thing in Impact Wrestling and basically kept that company alive circa 2015-16.

Honestly, he should never have left if this was the result (mediocre NXT push and on his way to main roster irrelevancy). This isn't even the case of him being some charisma vaccum or being only a wrestler or not having size. The guy in theory should be a Vince guy, he's big, decent (if not spectacular) in the ring and oozes Charisma.

But then, Vince.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#58 » by Dominator83 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:05 pm

Spens1 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:So EC3 officially has no chance. Wasn't allowed to speak in his promo and made him look like a joke with a fluke victory over the guy that's leaving. Didn't think he was world champion material but thought he could be a Miz level mid card act.

Which is a miracle because he was legit the best thing in Impact Wrestling and basically kept that company alive circa 2015-16.

Honestly, he should never have left if this was the result (mediocre NXT push and on his way to main roster irrelevancy). This isn't even the case of him being some charisma vaccum or being only a wrestler or not having size. The guy in theory should be a Vince guy, he's big, decent (if not spectacular) in the ring and oozes Charisma.

But then, Vince.

I've been saying forever that if they ever decide to go in the direction of having another corporate /authority champion, EC3 is the perfect guy for that role
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#59 » by whysoserious » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:25 pm

Stanford wrote:Just watched it. I agree, the Becky-Ronda promo was good. I think Ronda benefited from having the boos in the background. When **** is loud, you can cover up the tiny mistakes easier.

Rhonda is always going to do better playing a heel. It was her badass don't give a f attitude and her ability in UFC to beat everyone that made her popular.

Taking on the Rowdy personality of when he was a heel, she should totally own it. Trying to play nice just doesn't work.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#60 » by whysoserious » Tue Feb 5, 2019 1:31 pm

improper wrote:
Read on Twitter

Man, Becky is just savage af.

She has gone to a new level. She even called out how Rhonda had 7 singles PPV matches in her short time and Becky only had 6. She has totally found her groove now. She was my fave coming out of NXT, then she was kind of just going along with it but lately she's just killing it.

Return to Pro Wrestling