WWE WrestleMania 38 Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Re: WWE WrestleMania 38 Discussion 

Post#81 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Apr 3, 2022 8:45 pm

Good show. One thing that stood out to me. The bizarre mix of not enough depth and not enough space.

In other words, somehow they don’t have enough mania worthy stars to the point where the first two matches were random mid card raw or Smackdown matches, and yet they cut a match featuring the hottest guy in wrestling 3 years ago, and also will not feature either of their secondary titles this weekend.

In what could be considered sacrilege, they might as well retire the IC and US belts. As is, they won’t give those belts to credible main eventers as its seen as a step below and as a boat anchor for the guys that carry them now.

Other than the first two matches, the rest of the show really delivered. Granted I wasn’t a fan of the Austin match, but in the very least I was happy for KO as he can now claim. Wrestlemania main event on his resumé. While steve looked good for a guy pushing 60, he didn’t look like Steve and I hate that guys like him and HBK tarnish perfect retirement stories. Side note: what a mystifyingly stupid decision to not just advertise that as a match.

Ronda and Charlotte had a great match. Felt bad that the crowd was dead and that Charlotte’s titty will probably be the thing most remembered about it. I also thought they made the right call with Charlotte going over.

Becky and Bianca had a good match. Not necessarily that memorable but I think part of that is that they were never going to live up to Bianca and Sasha from last year. Sasha’s the best in the biz and Becky is just not at that level. Says a lot though that so many stars go out of there way to put over Bianca as the next big thing. She’s great.

I am inconsolable about how good Logan Paul is at the wrestling business and that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

I’m not high on Cody with wwe but he and Seth had the match of the night. No easy task considering how they likely had no practice runs prior to yesterday. IF they are going to give Cody the push they need to do it straight away. I’m talking world title push. He’ll never be hotter than right now in this moment. I don’t have much faith in them to pull the trigger however.

Lastly if they cut out the advertising for tonight’s portion of the show that 100% of the viewers were already planning on watching they likely could have squeezed in an IC and US title match.

As for tonight, that’s gonna be a tall task to top. Don’t know about you guys but I have a mild but admittedly dying by the day interest in Brock/Roman and that’s about it. Not much intriguing that’s left. They did a poor job of staggering the card.
Do it for Chuck
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#82 » by iMoreland » Sun Apr 3, 2022 9:35 pm

What if Cody going to WWE starts a domino effect of some top AEW guys going to WWE? That'd be crazy
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#83 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Apr 3, 2022 10:53 pm

iMoreland wrote:What if Cody going to WWE starts a domino effect of some top AEW guys going to WWE? That'd be crazy

I’d be incredibly shocked. AEW takes care of their talent and doesn’t work them an unrealistic schedule.
Do it for Chuck
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#84 » by gambitx777 » Sun Apr 3, 2022 11:39 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
iMoreland wrote:What if Cody going to WWE starts a domino effect of some top AEW guys going to WWE? That'd be crazy

I’d be incredibly shocked. AEW takes care of their talent and doesn’t work them an unrealistic schedule.
Neither does WWE anymore. They don't do nearly as many house shows anymore. Those have really taken a dive since covid and even before that they were cutting back. Most of them are super shows now and her mixed tallent and give a lot of people days off. More than AEW but no like the old days.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#85 » by gambitx777 » Sun Apr 3, 2022 11:46 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Good show. One thing that stood out to me. The bizarre mix of not enough depth and not enough space.

In other words, somehow they don’t have enough mania worthy stars to the point where the first two matches were random mid card raw or Smackdown matches, and yet they cut a match featuring the hottest guy in wrestling 3 years ago, and also will not feature either of their secondary titles this weekend.

In what could be considered sacrilege, they might as well retire the IC and US belts. As is, they won’t give those belts to credible main eventers as its seen as a step below and as a boat anchor for the guys that carry them now.

Other than the first two matches, the rest of the show really delivered. Granted I wasn’t a fan of the Austin match, but in the very least I was happy for KO as he can now claim. Wrestlemania main event on his resumé. While steve looked good for a guy pushing 60, he didn’t look like Steve and I hate that guys like him and HBK tarnish perfect retirement stories. Side note: what a mystifyingly stupid decision to not just advertise that as a match.

Ronda and Charlotte had a great match. Felt bad that the crowd was dead and that Charlotte’s titty will probably be the thing most remembered about it. I also thought they made the right call with Charlotte going over.

Becky and Bianca had a good match. Not necessarily that memorable but I think part of that is that they were never going to live up to Bianca and Sasha from last year. Sasha’s the best in the biz and Becky is just not at that level. Says a lot though that so many stars go out of there way to put over Bianca as the next big thing. She’s great.

I am inconsolable about how good Logan Paul is at the wrestling business and that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

I’m not high on Cody with wwe but he and Seth had the match of the night. No easy task considering how they likely had no practice runs prior to yesterday. IF they are going to give Cody the push they need to do it straight away. I’m talking world title push. He’ll never be hotter than right now in this moment. I don’t have much faith in them to pull the trigger however.

Lastly if they cut out the advertising for tonight’s portion of the show that 100% of the viewers were already planning on watching they likely could have squeezed in an IC and US title match.

As for tonight, that’s gonna be a tall task to top. Don’t know about you guys but I have a mild but admittedly dying by the day interest in Brock/Roman and that’s about it. Not much intriguing that’s left. They did a poor job of staggering the card.
I too am pretty cheesed that the mid card champs don't have matches on the card. There isn't one reason why they couldn't have had an IC tittle latter match I think they were in this weird place right after covid where they cleaned out the ranks a bit and now they are building the cards back up. They have gable coming in, brons getting called up for sure, Logan Paul might legit fall in love with this and be here. Plus how many NXT guys are ready for main? L.A., lagato, impirium, chiampa, not to mention IO, Raquel, Dakota. They have a lot of tallent coming in. Smack down needs it bad and honestly I think they need a third show. Like I'm not saying bring back ECW but they could have something in-between NXT and main and find spots to build up other guys

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#86 » by Lord Eder » Mon Apr 4, 2022 12:33 am

Night 2 off to a good start
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 12:37 am

Why are The Street Profits trying to celebrate after losing the match? Makes no sense
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 12:42 am

Chad Gable vs Gable Steveson on Raw, winner keeps the Gable name
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#89 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Apr 4, 2022 12:45 am

iMoreland wrote:Why are The Street Profits trying to celebrate after losing the match? Makes no sense

Yep.

Handshakes make sense are are pretty standard with face/face interactions. Drinking with the winner seemed off.

Cool moment with Steveson though. Just the set up was weird.
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#90 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Apr 4, 2022 1:17 am

That was much better than it had any reason to be. Well done by Zayn. Making a celebrity look good is a special skill.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 1:26 am

Complete silent reaction for Zelina lol, I kinda felt bad for her
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 1:56 am

Edge entrance was sick
Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,741

Post#93 » by Pantsman » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:00 am

RIP edges 8 pack
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:21 am

Damian Priest in a stable with Edge is a great fit
Pantsman
Veteran

Post#95 » by Pantsman » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:26 am

Damian priest looks like a metro sexual Roman reigns
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,487

Post#96 » by Cyrus » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:29 am

Hopefully it's Brood 2.0
Pantsman
Veteran

Post#97 » by Pantsman » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:38 am

Taker 2 nights in a row lmao
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,062

Post#98 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:41 am

iMoreland wrote:I hope they debut Edge's new stable tonight. Don't wait, just do it at WrestleMania. AJ wins the match but Edge and his new group attack him after.

Well atleast they got one domino
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
heatwillbeback
RealGM

Post#99 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:57 am

Mcafee was terrific with Cole as well. He is just excellent at this.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by iMoreland » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:58 am

Pat McAfee should never do commentary again

Return to Pro Wrestling