NXT Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: NXT Thread 

Post#1401 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm watching Zayn vs. Cesaro from NXT Arrival (February special event) and it makes me want about 1000 more of these matches. I can't remember seeing 2 guys tell a story so well and with so much chemistry in a match in the past several years.

Would LOVE to see these 2 work an Ironman match.

And to that weirdo that was saying Zayn had no charisma or couldn't connect with a crowd, shut it.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,865

Post#1402 » by Stanford » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Becky Lynch is unbelievably attractive.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#1403 » by TheGameChanger » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Ruzious wrote:
TheGameChanger wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:I am pumped for The Ascension's future.

I Remember seeing them when The New NXT started. Shocked they still haven't be called up. However I Saw them when it was Conor and Bram.

Yeah, before the Ascension, I didn't think Connor had much of a future in the business. He could have been in the audience of that Geico commercial with Pinnocio.

Remember something about Cheese with him in The Original NXT.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1404 » by Marcus » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:45 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
TheGameChanger wrote:
I Remember seeing them when The New NXT started. Shocked they still haven't be called up. However I Saw them when it was Conor and Bram.

Yeah, before the Ascension, I didn't think Connor had much of a future in the business. He could have been in the audience of that Geico commercial with Pinnocio.

Remember something about Cheese with him in The Original NXT.

yeah he had this Rat gimmick which was dumb
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
PMFJB
Banned User
And1: 647

Post#1405 » by PMFJB » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:18 am

Dunthreevy wrote:I'm watching Zayn vs. Cesaro from NXT Arrival (February special event) and it makes me want about 1000 more of these matches. I can't remember seeing 2 guys tell a story so well and with so much chemistry in a match in the past several years.

And to that weirdo that was saying Zayn had no charisma or couldn't connect with a crowd, shut it.

Thanks for proving my point.

While you might live to watch repeats of "wrestling" matches and guys like Zayn the rest of the world does not.
If your tastes were what most fans wanted, then WWE network would be a resounding success with tons of people wanting to watch old stuff for these "wrestling" matches.

If people paid to watch guys like Zayn then why the F is John Cena and Triple H main eventing while Cesaro is stuck in mid card jobsville.

Lol at Zayn ever sniffing world title success. They learned their lesson with guys who had 0 charisma but could wrestle when they put the strap around Benoit and he stunk up the joint as champ.

Zayn= the great little hand with the rabid interwebs fan base.

In before BUT DANIEL BRYAN MADE IT AND HE IS FROM THE INDIES!!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh something else to think about. And take this as you want.
For the most part WWE doesn't really care about fans like you who live and breathe wrestling. Why?
Because you guys will watch no matter what. You will whine and moan about how horrible the product is and yada yada yada but every week you will tune in because wrestling is your thing. You will go to events, get the wwe network. If a big ppv is near you , you will scrunch up the cash to go regardless if its cena again in the main event.

This why I laugh when you guys talk about how much Zayn clicks with the fans and stuff. That is what you die hard fans like. A underdog who can wrestle. Sorry to say but no one else gives a f about that because it doesn't draw money. And before you bring up Bryan, he always had charisma this guy has 0.

You better temper your expectations with Zyan because most likely you will be sorely disappointed.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1406 » by Stanford » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:11 pm

PMFJB wrote:While you might live to watch repeats of "wrestling" matches and guys like Zayn the rest of the world does not.

If you assert it, it must be true.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1407 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:30 pm

PMFJB wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:I'm watching Zayn vs. Cesaro from NXT Arrival (February special event) and it makes me want about 1000 more of these matches. I can't remember seeing 2 guys tell a story so well and with so much chemistry in a match in the past several years.

While you might live to watch repeats of "wrestling" matches and guys like Zayn the rest of the world does not.
If your tastes were what most fans wanted, then WWE network would be a resounding success with tons of people wanting to watch old stuff for these "wrestling" matches.

If people paid to watch guys like Zayn then why the F is John Cena and Triple H main eventing while Cesaro is stuck in mid card jobsville.

Lol at Zayn ever sniffing world title success. They learned their lesson with guys who had 0 charisma but could wrestle when they put the strap around Benoit and he stunk up the joint as champ.

For the most part WWE doesn't really care about fans like you who live and breathe wrestling. Why?
Because you guys will watch no matter what. You will whine and moan about how horrible the product is and yada yada yada but every week you will tune in because wrestling is your thing. You will go to events, get the wwe network. If a big ppv is near you , you will scrunch up the cash to go regardless if its cena again in the main event.

This why I laugh when you guys talk about how much Zayn clicks with the fans and stuff. That is what you die hard fans like. A underdog who can wrestle. Sorry to say but no one else gives a f about that because it doesn't draw money. And before you bring up Bryan, he always had charisma this guy has 0.

You better temper your expectations with Zyan because most likely you will be sorely disappointed.

How can you speak for so many people?
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1408 » by Stanford » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:43 pm

By the way, before I had ever used the internet, I rented pay per views from my local video place. They didn't have a great selection, so I would watch the same ones over and over and over, and I would love it. I was 7. So this idea that only internet smarks watch wrestling for the matches is bull.

Likewise this idea that I'm going to watch no matter what and complain about it. I haven't watched a full episode of Raw in months. Be my guest and try to find a post where I've complained about the product.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#1409 » by tugs » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:59 pm

In other news, Itami's debut was a bit underwhelming. He's got skills and really plays well with the crowd. It's probably just the opponent and his finisher.

Also, with his impending storyline with Ascension, I wonder if he'll have a partner. This also decreases the likelihood of a call up for the tag team.
PMFJB
Banned User

Post#1410 » by PMFJB » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:
PMFJB wrote:

How can you speak for so many people?

Because for the past 30 years the people who have drawn money, were pushed,have not been the Dean Malenkos/Zayn's of the world.

That is why the biggest stars are usually the ones who have the most charisma NOT the ones who have the most wrestling talent. If actual wrestling talent is what drew money Bret Hart should have been bigger than Hoga/Cena and he was NOT. Not even close. And I am a big Hitman fan. Loved his wrestling work. Cena/Hogan couldn't lace Brets WRESTLING BOOTS. But its been obvious for the past 30 years that pure wrestling guys never make it to the top. Again Bryan had charisma. This guy has very little.

Also Bryan fit the underdog mold perfectly a little guy who wrestled well who was humble and charismatic.
Zayn is a tall dude who is a very good technical wrestler and it ends there.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1411 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:12 pm

tugs wrote:In other news, Itami's debut was a bit underwhelming. He's got skills and really plays well with the crowd. It's probably just the opponent and his finisher.

Also, with his impending storyline with Ascension, I wonder if he'll have a partner. This also decreases the likelihood of a call up for the tag team.

I wasn't blown away but I've also seen a few Kenta matches and you could see he was holding back a good bit. I don't love the finisher, on one hand its a move he can do to anyone from Sin Cara to the Big Show but its a scary looking move and not in a cool way but more of if the move is slightly botched he could crush a guy's larynx.

They've shown him with Funaki on TV and I think Funaki is legitimately helping him transition to living in the US. And I could see them bringing that to the NXT TV show with them attacking Funaki.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1412 » by Stanford » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 pm

PMFJB wrote:Because for the past 30 years the people who have drawn money, were pushed,have not been the Dean Malenkos/Zayn's of the world.

Those two people have almost nothing in common. Different bodies, different looks, different promo styles, different wrestling styles, connect to an audience in different ways. Besides being good at wrestling, your comparison is meaningless.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1413 » by Marcus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Stanford wrote:
PMFJB wrote:Because for the past 30 years the people who have drawn money, were pushed,have not been the Dean Malenkos/Zayn's of the world.

Those two people have almost nothing in common. Different bodies, different looks, different promo styles, different wrestling styles, connect to an audience in different ways. Besides being good at wrestling, your comparison is meaningless.

Not to mention Deans whole gimmick was that he didn't have one. He wasn't a guy that didn't talk because he couldn't. He didn't talk because that was what made him work. The character was supposed to be all business. His size held him back more than anything else.

Sami is more Bret Hart than Malenko. He's just himself both in ring and interviews. He's not traditional over the top promo but it is easy for him. The guy built a cult following while wearin a mask saying one word and communicating through body language and it landed him a WWE contract and featured spot. He's gotta be doing something right.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
PMFJB
Banned User

Post#1414 » by PMFJB » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Marcus wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Not to mention Deans whole gimmick was that he didn't have one. He wasn't a guy that didn't talk because he couldn't. He didn't talk because that was what made him work. The character was supposed to be all business. His size held him back more than anything else.

Sami is more Bret Hart than Malenko. He's just himself both in ring and interviews. He's not traditional over the top promo but it is easy for him. The guy built a cult following while wearin a mask saying one word and communicating through body language and it landed him a WWE contract and featured spot. He's gotta be doing something right.

Please don't disrespect Bret by comparing this guy to him when his claim to fame is some indy guys like him. Thanks.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1415 » by Dunthreevy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:16 pm

PMFJB wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Stanford wrote:

Please don't disrespect Bret by comparing this guy to him when his claim to fame is some indy guys like him. Thanks.

You keep saying how you've been watching for 30 years and the more you talk the more you make yourself look like a complete idiot. Saying someone is more A than they are B does not mean you're comparing them to A. It just means they're closer to that than the other thing. You're clearly not bright enough to grasp concepts like this though, so go on and get your troll on.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1416 » by Stanford » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:37 pm

30 years, dun. That's closing in on double digit prostate exams old. Respect your elders.
PMFJB
Banned User

Post#1417 » by PMFJB » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
PMFJB wrote:
Marcus wrote:

You keep saying how you've been watching for 30 years and the more you talk the more you make yourself look like a complete idiot. Saying someone is more A than they are B does not mean you're comparing them to A. It just means they're closer to that than the other thing. You're clearly not bright enough to grasp concepts like this though, so go on and get your troll on.

Someone is getting very sensitive over people not liking his little inderific wrestler.

If people like that drew money then ROH would have been competing with WWE for years.

Yet you have John Cena ( a guy I don't like and can't wrestle) drawing more money than little no charisma having 'technical wrestler. Or did I imagine the past 10 years?

But I mean you can keep continuing to say how he is going to be a world champion. US champion contender is a good little spot for him. If people don't get bored of him after a few months.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1418 » by Stanford » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:50 am

PMFJB wrote:Someone is getting very sensitive over people not liking his little inderific wrestler.

Everyone is just a little exhausted by your shtick.

You speak poorly of internet fans, but you write like every boring troll on every wrestling forum on the internet.

Yet you have John Cena ( a guy I don't like and can't wrestle) drawing more money than little no charisma having 'technical wrestler. Or did I imagine the past 10?.

Evidently you did. John Cena is a good wrestler.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1419 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 am

Stanford wrote:
PMFJB wrote:Someone is getting very sensitive over people not liking his little inderific wrestler.

Everyone is just a little exhausted by your shtick.

You speak poorly of internet fans, but you write like every boring troll on every wrestling forum on the internet.

Yet you have John Cena ( a guy I don't like and can't wrestle) drawing more money than little no charisma having 'technical wrestler. Or did I imagine the past 10?.

Evidently you did. John Cena is a good wrestler.

Not only that, but when did I say Zayn would be a world champion? It never happened. Troll boy is just reaching for straws.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1420 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:45 am

I was the one that kinda sorta said Zayn would be World Champion but that isn't what I said. What I actually said was among the 4 people in the Takeover match Zayn is the one I thought was most likely to be World Champion. Now that I've clarified, carry on

Return to Pro Wrestling