ROH (Ring of Honor) Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

RonMexico915
Sophomore
And1: 50

Re: ROH (Ring of Honor) Thread 

Post#241 » by RonMexico915 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:03 pm

Free Enterprise is happening right now. Anyone plan on watching it? I recently joined HonorClub and am looking forward to checking it out
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#242 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:45 pm

EC3 is in ROH now. The review I read gave his match at 19th Anniversary the worst review. It's a big part of why I'm not happy he's in ROH.

The show has been mostly good. They're bringing back the women's title. All things considered I'm happy.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,312

Post#243 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:32 pm

I watched the Jay vs Mark Fight on a Farm match just now (with little context because I haven’t been keeping up with ROH at all). The promo package was outstanding and compelling — they came across as authentic [crazy] people.

With no commentary, music, or special effects they put on a great match. Really makes me wish we’d get to see them perform on a bigger stage — one that actually knows what to do with them and that would allow them to be themselves.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#244 » by WRau1 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:44 pm

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:I watched the Jay vs Mark Fight on a Farm match just now (with little context because I haven’t been keeping up with ROH at all). The promo package was outstanding and compelling — they came across as authentic [crazy] people.

With no commentary, music, or special effects they put on a great match. Really makes me wish we’d get to see them perform on a bigger stage — one that actually knows what to do with them and that would allow them to be themselves.

Lol, you definitely don't want them to "be themselves", pretty sure that's why you will never see them in AEW or WWE. They have some pretty unapologetic tweets/world views that are quite controversial.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,312

Post#245 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:50 am

[gfycat][/gfycat]
WRau1 wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:I watched the Jay vs Mark Fight on a Farm match just now (with little context because I haven’t been keeping up with ROH at all). The promo package was outstanding and compelling — they came across as authentic [crazy] people.

Lol, you definitely don't want them to "be themselves", pretty sure that's why you will never see them in AEW or WWE. They have some pretty unapologetic tweets/world views that are quite controversial.

I can see that. Not too familiar with their world views, but wouldn’t expect two guys like them to have palatable views of things, generally speaking.

I meant more along the lines of them being unable to keep their ‘rough and gruff’ personalities — and they’d end up being more PG and/or goofy and silly. They just don’t come across like they’re playing a character, and it’s refreshing to see.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#246 » by Marcus » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#247 » by Scott Hall » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,822

Post#248 » by Dominator83 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Such a shame that they never got bigger. Here in Chicago they used to come for a show every other month. I started going in 2006 and the 1st show I saw the main event was a street fight between Danielson and Samoa Joe. Guys like Kevin Steen, Seth Rollins (then Tyler Black), Cesaro( then Claudio Castagnolli), Roderick Strong, Sami Zayn (then the masked El Generico) and I'm sure there's many more im missing. Young Bucks were there before they got big in Japan. The Briscoes stole every show with excellent matches and still do.

They never seemed to expand like they should have. Even a few years back they had Cody Rhodes along with a talent exchange with new Japan. Lest we forgot, the "Bet" that Cody took with Meltzer that led to him booking All-in, was actually in reference to Meltzer saying ROH can't sell 10,000 seats.

But whatever the case, until a it stays moving forward. I actually now get them on antenna TV (weird though how on cable it's not on but when I switch to antenna I have the Sinclair sports channel) and enjoy watching it.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#249 » by Scott Hall » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:01 am

Dominater wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Such a shame that they never got bigger. Here in Chicago they used to come for a show every other month. I started going in 2006 and the 1st show I saw the main event was a street fight between Danielson and Samoa Joe. Guys like Kevin Steen, Seth Rollins (then Tyler Black), Cesaro( then Claudio Castagnolli), Roderick Strong, Sami Zayn (then the masked El Generico) and I'm sure there's many more im missing. Young Bucks were there before they got big in Japan. The Briscoes stole every show with excellent matches and still do.

They never seemed to expand like they should have. Even a few years back they had Cody Rhodes along with a talent exchange with new Japan. Lest we forgot, the "Bet" that Cody took with Meltzer that led to him booking All-in, was actually in reference to Meltzer saying ROH can't sell 10,000 seats.

But whatever the case, until a it stays moving forward. I actually now get them on antenna TV (weird though how on cable it's not on but when I switch to antenna I have the Sinclair sports channel) and enjoy watching it.

I saw my one and only ROH show in April 2009 in a renovated Barn an hour or 2 away from the city in a small town
and was blown away with how good it was. Most of the guys you mentioned were on the card and I remember the main event
tag match Bryan Danielson and Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) vs. The American Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards)
was one of the best Tag-Matches I've ever seen.

The whole show had a ECW vibe without all the hardcore Wrestling and cool entrance theme music but had that great
in ring wrestling and story telling that ECW had at times. I actually went back like 2 months ago to see if I could find
that show online somewhere and the best I could find was there was a DVD you could buy off Amazon or something but
now that they're selling their tape library it's a good thing I held off lol

It's crazy looking back seeing that you're almost seeing the future of the business at that point as most of those
guys ended up having big WWE, TNA, NJPW and now AEW careers. At the time I don't think we got their daily TV
here so it was hard to keep up.

In later years most of that talent got scooped up and I wasn't a fan of most of the newer generation ROH guys
they brought in so it was meh to me and felt really low life Indy Wrestling vibes to me. I did try to watch their
Sunday night show on FOX but once AEW came along and NXT went to 2 hours I was at my max capacity of
Wrestling I can watch and now I've been cutting back on TNA and NXT as I just can't keep up anymore.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#250 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:11 pm

I'll always enjoy early ROH and still watch some. If this is the end of Ring of Honor thanks for the great memories.

Return to Pro Wrestling