TNA Thread II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Re: TNA Thread 2 

Post#801 » by Brandon-Clyde » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 am

Stanford wrote:When Austin has Vince on his podcast, he's got to ask him how aware he is of TNA. People with twitter: Make sure he brings it up.

Vince's answer
"We are a PG show and minimize all "T" and "A" type material to be a more family oriented show" :D
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#802 » by Marcus » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:14 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:
Stanford wrote:When Austin has Vince on his podcast, he's got to ask him how aware he is of TNA. People with twitter: Make sure he brings it up.

Vince's answer
"We are a PG show and minimize all "T" and "A" type material to be a more family oriented show" :D

well played sir
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#803 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:43 am

I think TNA's decision not to hire Heyman seems understandable. I've heard Heyman do a couple interviews shortly after the negotiations ultimately fell through and he made it clear that he wasn't overly interested in the job and that really the only reason he listened was that if they met his contract demands and was successful he would be in a place financially where his children would never have to work a day in there lives. So the amount of money he was asking for was likely so high that if he was successful its unclear just how much of the benefits those who would've hired him would've reaped. Plus, when someone makes it so clear that there motivation is money his commitment certainly becomes a very open question.

As for the larger question about competing with WWE. I'm genuinely not sure if a company can legitimately compete with WWE. WWE's market penetration is just so high that I'm not sure if there is room for a legitimate competitor especially today when wrestling is just not that hot. But if a company does compete with WWE, I'm fairly certain they're going to have to do 2 things. The first is that they're going to have to be better than WWE. And I've thought there were periods relatively recently where TNA was hands-down the better product. Summer of 2012 being the clearest in my mind where TNA had really hot champions in Bobby Roode and Austin Aries while the WWE product wasn't anything special. But this only lasted a couple of months before TNA started to falter again. But if a company's going to compete with WWE they're going to have to be a pretty consistently better product for at least a year before they can start being looked at as legitimate competition. The second is that company will have to differentiate itself as much as possible from WWE. Its why of all of the companies that could be competition to WWE: TNA, ROH, Jarrett's promotion, the one that I think has the highest potential to do that is AAA's incursion into the US. Among all of these promotions its the one that will never be accused to stealing from WWE or being WWE-lite. The second you see it, you'll know how distinctly different it is from the WWE.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#804 » by TheGameChanger » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 am

EC3 and Rockstar Spud are $$$$$$$$

Love watching them every week. Can't wait for EC3 to take the World Title.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#805 » by Marcus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:50 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:Can't wait for EC3 to take the World Title.

think WWE dropped the ball with that kid a little. there had to be something they could have done with him.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
CapeCrusader
General Manager
And1: 92

Post#806 » by CapeCrusader » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Marcus wrote:

think WWE dropped the ball with that kid a little. there had to be something they could have done with him.

Prob with WWE is they have tons of talent in that company. Tops stars, enough mid carders breaking through to the main event. Then on top of it they're bringing in the NXT guys. Not enough tv time to go around IMO.
B*TCH ! You Weren't With Me Shooting At The Gym!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#807 » by Marcus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 pm

CapeCrusader wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Prob with WWE is they have tons of talent in that company. Tops stars, enough mid carders breaking through to the main event. Then on top of it they're bringing in the NXT guys. Not enough tv time to go around IMO.

I agree with all that and completely understand why they let him go. Just feel like they never gave him a chance before pulling that trigger. They had a Captain America type character for him but they scrapped it before they got it off the ground. I think that could have worked well with dude's personality. He's doing well in TNA though so it worked for both parties i guess.
Watch More Basketball

Starkiller
Assistant Coach
And1: 269

Post#808 » by Starkiller » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:07 am

This Eric young stuff it's some off the most pathetic stuff I've ever seen. Dixie called it a "movement". Crowd uses the "you deserve it" chant. The beard. She even did the YES Gesture. Good GOD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
This ^
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#809 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:47 am

It's pretty sad to watch them constantly do nothing to separate themselves when it comes to the major storylines in the company. It's down right brutal considering some of the talent they have and difference in direction they could be taking said talent.
Watch More Basketball

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#810 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:25 pm

I haven't watched TNA in months, since MVP first showed up. From reading the updates here I feel completely fine with my decision.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#811 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Starkiller wrote:This Eric young stuff it's some off the most pathetic stuff I've ever seen. Dixie called it a "movement". Crowd uses the "you deserve it" chant. The beard. She even did the YES Gesture. Good GOD

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app

:lol:
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer

Post#812 » by TheGameChanger » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Eric Young is so likeable. However the Dixie Segment was just sad.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#813 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:23 pm

TNA is essentially doing what WCW started doing towards the end, in trying to copy WWE's storylines and whatnot. I was watching New Blood Rising, which was one of WCW's last handful of PPVs (I believe) and that annoying fat guy they had commentating at the time said Jeff Jarrett was going to send Booker T on a trip down "Slapnuts Boulevard". Seriously? Just that blatantly going to poach part of The Rock's gimmick? It's sad what WCW became towards the end, and it looks like TNA is doing the same thing.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#814 » by kdawg32086 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:TNA is essentially doing what WCW started doing towards the end, in trying to copy WWE's storylines and whatnot. I was watching New Blood Rising, which was one of WCW's last handful of PPVs (I believe) and that annoying fat guy they had commentating at the time said Jeff Jarrett was going to send Booker T on a trip down "Slapnuts Boulevard". Seriously? Just that blatantly going to poach part of The Rock's gimmick? It's sad what WCW became towards the end, and it looks like TNA is doing the same thing.

Dixie is probably hoping that Vince buys them and that they'll make her the new Vickie Guerrero...

Sent from my LG-C800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer

Post#815 » by TheGameChanger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:06 pm

I Hope Eric Young keeps the Belt until Bound For Glory and drops it to EC3.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 949

Post#816 » by SDM » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:TNA is essentially doing what WCW started doing towards the end, in trying to copy WWE's storylines and whatnot. I was watching New Blood Rising, which was one of WCW's last handful of PPVs (I believe) and that annoying fat guy they had commentating at the time said Jeff Jarrett was going to send Booker T on a trip down "Slapnuts Boulevard". Seriously? Just that blatantly going to poach part of The Rock's gimmick? It's sad what WCW became towards the end, and it looks like TNA is doing the same thing.

Thanks for reminding me that I should temper my expectations about the new promotion because the guy in charge of it used to run around calling people slapnuts. Thanks again, jerk.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#817 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:08 pm

am i the only one who doesn't see the "advantage" in the "man advantage" concept behind Lethal Lockdown? wouldn't having the last fresh man be the advantage since no one can be eliminated until everybody is in the cage?
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#818 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:That being said, Hulk & Brooke Hogan are garbage actors & they need to be fired immediately. I'm still not sitting down with the kid to watch until they are gone.

i remember this. my favorite part was hearing Brooke mention her boob falling out of her dress when daddy dearest was trying to get her out the ring safely.
Watch More Basketball

TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer

Post#819 » by TheGameChanger » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 am

Good move by TNA today.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#820 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:35 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:Good move by TNA today.

Which was?

Return to Pro Wrestling