WWE TV Thread: 15 - Post-Yestlemania, 21-1, etc.

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Re: WWE TV Thread: 15 - Post-Yestlemania, 21-1, etc. 

Post#1581 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:01 pm

studcrackers wrote:does he look as handsome on the football field as he does in the ring?

Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,866

Post#1582 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 pm

I felt like Legends house was poorly edited. There was no flow to it. There was nothing particularly funny, candid or interesting going on, and the time they did actually use to set up a conflict - the argument between Duggan and Atlas for example - it came out of nowhere and I didn't much care to see the resolution anyway.

And it's just as contrived as TD. The only reason it seems like it's less contrived is because it's mostly uninteresting. I mean besides the introductions (which I thought was interesting), half the show was spent with a randomly appearing Gary Busey. It's episode 1 and they're already shoehorned a non-wrestling celebrity in.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1583 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Stanford wrote:I felt like Legends house was poorly edited. There was no flow to it. There was nothing particularly funny, candid or interesting going on, and the time they did actually use to set up a conflict - the argument between Duggan and Atlas for example - it came out of nowhere and I didn't much care to see the resolution anyway.

And it's just as contrived as LH. The only reason it seems like it's less contrived is because it's mostly uninteresting. I mean besides the introductions (which I thought was interesting), half the show was spent with a randomly appearing Gary Busey. It's episode 1 and they're already shoehorned a non-wrestling celebrity in.

I agree. I think the Busey thing was done solely because he's got the reputation as being **** crazy and it seems like they're trying to make the seem like just that type of entertainment. Didn't really find any of the show interesting, but I've always been a fan of Piper and his schtick. I like seeing him on my tv screen doing his thing, except for his newer Piper's Pit segments. Pretty ironic that I like most of what he does other than the one thing he's most known for.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1584 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 pm

A fan sent along the following screen capture of the new Ultimate Warrior documentary that aired on the WWE Network on Thursday night. In the scene where Warrior meets with Triple H at WWE Headquarters, you can see on the Royal Rumble poster on the wall in the background that someone put a post-it note over the face of CM Punk.

:lol:
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1585 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Stanford wrote:Image

A fan sent along the following screen capture of the new Ultimate Warrior documentary that aired on the WWE Network on Thursday night. In the scene where Warrior meets with Triple H at WWE Headquarters, you can see on the Royal Rumble poster on the wall in the background that someone put a post-it note over the face of CM Punk.

:lol:

So they're really going to go on with this Benoit treatment of Punk and act like he never existed?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1586 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 pm

It's clearly just a joke. They still sell and promote his merch.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#1587 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Stanford wrote:It's clearly just a joke. They still sell and promote his merch.

i think i read yesterday or today hes still #2 behind Cena in merch sales or something like that
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1588 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:

i think i read yesterday or today hes still #2 behind Cena in merch sales or something like that

In what sort of time period?
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#1589 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Stanford wrote:
Kohl Is A Mome wrote:

In what sort of time period?

One article i read claims currently. I couldn't find it specifically but this is pretty much worded the same as the one i'd read somewhere else
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/469935- ... wwe-status

CM Punk is still under contract with WWE, as he has not been released, nor suspended, nor fired from the company. His merchandise continues to be sold at live events and on the WWE website, and as of this writing Punk is still being paid royalties for merchandise sold. He's being paid a considerable sum for the merchandise he moves, and he's currently the #2 seller in the company, right behind John Cena.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1590 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Right, but what does that mean? He sells the most on average? Within the past week? Month? 6 months? Year? Since he left?
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#1591 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 pm

I have no idea
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1592 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Stanford wrote:I felt like Legends house was poorly edited. There was no flow to it. There was nothing particularly funny, candid or interesting going on, and the time they did actually use to set up a conflict - the argument between Duggan and Atlas for example - it came out of nowhere and I didn't much care to see the resolution anyway.

And it's just as contrived as LH. The only reason it seems like it's less contrived is because it's mostly uninteresting. I mean besides the introductions (which I thought was interesting), half the show was spent with a randomly appearing Gary Busey. It's episode 1 and they're already shoehorned a non-wrestling celebrity in.

I agree. I think the Busey thing was done solely because he's got the reputation as being **** crazy and it seems like they're trying to make the seem like just that type of entertainment. Didn't really find any of the show interesting, but I've always been a fan of Piper and his schtick. I like seeing him on my tv screen doing his thing, except for his newer Piper's Pit segments. Pretty ironic that I like most of what he does other than the one thing he's most known for.

I definitely agree about the Busey thing. You've got some old-school guys and they just wanted to see how they'd react to Busey. His cameo and the stuff with the neighbors was definitely very contrived. But Piper being paranoid and not knowing how to use a blender, I think that was absolutely legitimate. Conversely, like I said, I don't really watch Total Divas and I heard there was an episode where Nattie and Tyson Kidd's cat died and the reactions they had in that situation were probably very much legitimate. But in the little of the show I've seen, everything I saw was bad actors and a crappy script.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#1593 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:54 pm

Having been to a WWE event since Punk left, his merchandise was very much at the forefront of the stands. Granted it was Chicago, but at other events I doubt its being hidden or anything like that.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#1594 » by TheGameChanger » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:15 am

I'm not 100% Sold on Reigns yet. However he is a Great Prospect.

The Shield v Evolution is the only thing interesting in WWE atm IMO.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1595 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:24 pm

safi wrote:Having been to a WWE event since Punk left, his merchandise was very much at the forefront of the stands. Granted it was Chicago, but at other events I doubt its being hidden or anything like that.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be taking my fiance to RAW when it comes to Indy at the beginning of June. I plan on buying my first WWE merchandise since I was child. Can't decide if I want to pick up one of Punk's shirts or not.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1596 » by studcrackers » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:29 pm

most their merch sucks, cause they always go overboard w/it, almost as if to let people make sure they know you're wearing wrestling shirts. which id imagine plenty of people dont want to wear everywhere. simple is better, and not every shirt has to have something on both sides of it

thats' part of what made Punk's shirt so great after the pipebomb. same w/Bryan's YES YES YES shirt which i own.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1597 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:49 pm

studcrackers wrote:most their merch sucks, cause they always go overboard w/it, almost as if to let people make sure they know you're wearing wrestling shirts. which id imagine plenty of people dont want to wear everywhere. simple is better, and not every shirt has to have something on both sides of it

thats' part of what made Punk's shirt so great after the pipebomb. same w/Bryan's YES YES YES shirt which i own.

Yeah, I definitely won't be buying one of the gaudy shirts that are blatantly obvious that they're wrestling shirts.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#1598 » by MAQ » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:41 pm

I see folks wearing Punk's merch all the time and it doesn't scream "Wrestling merch" at all...His 4 star shirts and hoodies are awesome.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1599 » by studcrackers » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:52 am

yea, and punk has constantly had some of, if not the best wrestling merch out there

even the austin 3:16 shirts out there have that big ass skull on the back, when it should just be a lot simpler
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1600 » by studcrackers » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:51 am

randomly just wiki'd Mean Gene Okerlund. apparently he's married to Jeanne Okerlund. lol

Return to Pro Wrestling