dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Re: Re: 2015 MITB 

Post#61 » by dms269 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 pm

safi wrote:
SDM wrote:
whysoserious wrote:I still don't know why Sheamus won the MITB. I actually like Sheamus but his look currently is stupid though he's a good heel you want to hate but he's been pretty meh for a long ime.

Reigns made the most sense. I would have loved to see Kofi win it, especially since New Day lost the tag titles later, it would have led to such an awesome year of building up which one of the three would cash it in.

I think it has a lot to do with Rollins and essentially creating another thorn in his side with another guy chasing the title. Or I hope, they've done a poor job making him seem credible. If he still has the belt come the new year, after dealing with Sheamus for half the year, after resolving his issues with Brock (and maybe the Authority), and still having Ambrose breathing down his neck, it's a good look for him and they can finish up the money feud in time for the hot season. Sheamus can lose cleanly to make Rollins look good and to give him some kind of accomplishment going into the conclusion with the Shield story.

I think what could also be happening is they're setting up Sheamus to take Rollins' spot as the guy for The Authority. I thought they'd hold off on Rollins-Lesnar until Summerslam but that match is happening early. The rumor is HHH-Rollins at Summerslam and I don't think HHH is going babyface and I don't think the authority is going away. So then the question becomes who becomes the group's new poster boy and/or who faces Lesnar at Summerslam and I think the answer to both questions is Sheamus. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit and/or looking into this too much but when Ambrose did his sit-in they had the backstage segment where HHH said we've dealt with it and out came Sheamus. I think we're going to see further breadcrumbs alluding to a relationship between the two sides culminating with Sheamus joining the group.

Sheamus did say when he came out that the authority sent him out.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Re: 2015 MITB 

Post#62 » by whysoserious » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:16 pm

safi wrote:
SDM wrote:
whysoserious wrote:I still don't know why Sheamus won the MITB. I actually like Sheamus but his look currently is stupid though he's a good heel you want to hate but he's been pretty meh for a long ime.

Reigns made the most sense. I would have loved to see Kofi win it, especially since New Day lost the tag titles later, it would have led to such an awesome year of building up which one of the three would cash it in.

I think it has a lot to do with Rollins and essentially creating another thorn in his side with another guy chasing the title. Or I hope, they've done a poor job making him seem credible. If he still has the belt come the new year, after dealing with Sheamus for half the year, after resolving his issues with Brock (and maybe the Authority), and still having Ambrose breathing down his neck, it's a good look for him and they can finish up the money feud in time for the hot season. Sheamus can lose cleanly to make Rollins look good and to give him some kind of accomplishment going into the conclusion with the Shield story.

I think what could also be happening is they're setting up Sheamus to take Rollins' spot as the guy for The Authority. I thought they'd hold off on Rollins-Lesnar until Summerslam but that match is happening early. The rumor is HHH-Rollins at Summerslam and I don't think HHH is going babyface and I don't think the authority is going away. So then the question becomes who becomes the group's new poster boy and/or who faces Lesnar at Summerslam and I think the answer to both questions is Sheamus. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit and/or looking into this too much but when Ambrose did his sit-in they had the backstage segment where HHH said we've dealt with it and out came Sheamus. I think we're going to see further breadcrumbs alluding to a relationship between the two sides culminating with Sheamus joining the group.

I always felt like with the boos Reigns is getting that they'd swoop him and have him switch sides. He seems to be playing all nice nice with Ambrose but if they plant some seeds of jealousy then have Authority drop Rollins. Rollins takes on HHH and Rollins is about to beat him and Reigns comes in for the save.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#63 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:49 pm

whysoserious wrote:
safi wrote:
SDM wrote:

I always felt like with the boos Reigns is getting that they'd swoop him and have him switch sides. He seems to be playing all nice nice with Ambrose but if they plant some seeds of jealousy then have Authority drop Rollins. Rollins takes on HHH and Rollins is about to beat him and Reigns comes in for the save.

I've never been a fan of the Reigns heel turn, it seemed like it was the wrong fix to that problem. The right course of action is the one they've taken, go slower with him. And I think you go until at least WM before Reigns turns on Ambrose or vice-versa. That has the potential to be one of the biggest moments in years but they still have to further establish how deep this friendship is.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#64 » by whysoserious » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:00 pm

safi wrote:
I've never been a fan of the Reigns heel turn, it seemed like it was the wrong fix to that problem. The right course of action is the one they've taken, go slower with him. And I think you go until at least WM before Reigns turns on Ambrose or vice-versa. That has the potential to be one of the biggest moments in years but they still have to further establish how deep this friendship is.

I'm totally okay with your approach. I've complained many times that WWE rushes these turns. I just felt like his over the top niceness for Ambrose was a signal that WWE was building him quickly as the sidekick to have him turn and switch with Rollins.

I like the idea of long-drawn out feud with Reigns and Wyatt while Ambrose/Rollins keep battling....heck maybe even if Rollins is dumped by the Authority we see these guys re-unite as the Shield of Justice leading up to WM.

In that scenario then Sheamus with the Authority for a while would be okay and we need Wyatt to re-esablish the Wyatt Family.

The tag division is kind of picking up steam, bring the brothers back and bring Bo in to the mix in the IC title picture.

Return to Pro Wrestling