WWE TV Thread 20

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Re: WWE TV Thread 20 

Post#961 » by Shemy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:46 pm

improper wrote:
Shemy wrote:Man Atlanta might be the **** crowd when it comes to the bigger cities, unless they have Goldberg beating hulk hogan for the title in '98 it's been dead a few times now for some pretty major PPVs

James Storm who is from the Nashville area debuts tonight?? They could use the bodies, maybe he answers some sort of open challenge set forward by ADR or KO who use the open challenge as a way to mock Cena

Where are you seeing that Storm debuts tonight? I know he showed up on NXT a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen anything about a main roster debut.

As far as the Atlanta crowd, well...it's hard to blame them for being apathetic during that PPV. They really popped for the Owens/Ambrose match and the Undertaker (who will always get a pop), but other than that the lazy booking and almost nonexistent hype heading into the PPV didn't really do much to liven up the crowd.

Sorry meant to add that he's from the area of Nashville so figured maybe they could debut him to a big pop, but I guess not
"They scared now"
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#962 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:16 pm

I don't think there's anything they could've done to make me interested in seeing Reigns-Sheamus but that end of show angle did precisely the opposite (although the match with Rusev was very good).

There was an angle 15 years ago with Rock against the McMahon-Helmley regime that I thought was the perfect way to do one guy against a heel faction. One-by-one he would take out members of the faction, he took out the stooges, he took out Vince and Shane, he took out X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws (I think he locked X-Pac and Road Dogg in a crate) and eventually it was just him and HHH and I think he put HHH through the announce table. This was great because it provided a lot of entertaining TV but also because it was a very simple but good story. The only way HHH could have the upper hand on Rock is with the numbers advantage so Rock systematically picked off everyone until that numbers advantage was no more. But Reigns took out Rusev, Barrett and Sheamus all in that final segment after having a grueling 20 minute match with Rusev. You've made it pretty clear that no matter what obstacles you throw in front of him, Sheamus can't compete wit Reigns.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#963 » by improper » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Shemy wrote:
improper wrote:
Shemy wrote:Man Atlanta might be the **** crowd when it comes to the bigger cities, unless they have Goldberg beating hulk hogan for the title in '98 it's been dead a few times now for some pretty major PPVs

James Storm who is from the Nashville area debuts tonight?? They could use the bodies, maybe he answers some sort of open challenge set forward by ADR or KO who use the open challenge as a way to mock Cena

Where are you seeing that Storm debuts tonight? I know he showed up on NXT a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen anything about a main roster debut.

As far as the Atlanta crowd, well...it's hard to blame them for being apathetic during that PPV. They really popped for the Owens/Ambrose match and the Undertaker (who will always get a pop), but other than that the lazy booking and almost nonexistent hype heading into the PPV didn't really do much to liven up the crowd.

Sorry meant to add that he's from the area of Nashville so figured maybe they could debut him to a big pop, but I guess not

I was hoping they'd debut him when Slater was out there doing nothing. Instead, we got boring Ryback. Ugh. I hate the WWE sometimes. Actually most of the time.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#964 » by iMoreland » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:22 pm

skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#965 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:55 am

Foley definitely has a 'boy who cried wolf' vibe to him with these kinds of things. It seems like every few months he's saying he's going to stop watching the product because of something he saw. But also, unlike all of us who complain about the product Foley wasn't just a huge star but its probably to his benefit to keep his opinions to himself and his friends and family and not make them public. But in general I don't think WWE has to worry about people like Foley who make proclamations that they'll stop watching the product. Those people rarely follow through on those statements and if they do its usually fleeting and they'll be back soon thereafter.

The problem is the people who don't make some grand proclamation, because I think if you're going to make some grand proclamation it shows that you still care, the problem is the people who just stop watching. And there's a lot of those people that fall into that category and while the viewership numbers have declined steadily for a decade that descent has been more rapid over the last 12-18 months.
Dirkbaka
Banned User
And1: 446

Post#966 » by Dirkbaka » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:15 am

Nothing is ever going to happen unless people stop subscribing to the network, stop watching their shows so their ratings plummet and stop going to the shows.

So people complaining without doing any of the above are just never going to accomplish anything.

I use to be a hardcore fan and now just check the results online. See if anything is interesting and maybe tune in. I don't go to shows anymore it is a waste of money. The only thing that is good for me is the network. It is nostalgia 24/7. For 10 bucks it is a great deal.

So Vince is smart he knows most people will never leave due to their fandom for wrestling. So you are stuck. If you really hate it stop putting money in Vince's pocket. That is the only way you are going to bring change not writing about it in a message board or chanting it at a live event having just filled Vince with more money in his pocket.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#967 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:02 am

The thing is most people have left. They've lost way more than 50% of there audience from there peak. The first hour of the post-Survivor Series Raw from last year had more than 2 million more viewers than the last hour of yesterday's show.

10 years ago having an hour with under 5 million viewers was the low point to avoid, 5 years ago 4 million viewers was the low point to avoid and for the last year having an hour with under 3 million viewers was the low point to avoid and they've hit that mark a few times including for the last 2 hours yesterday. Maybe if it was a massive fall in one week instead of the, relatively, gradual fall they've had it might be a jolt but a massive gradual fall instead of a massive rapid fall is still a massive fall nonetheless. And they know how much this aspect of there business has fallen and they've either made excuses for it or just don't think its that big of a deal because other aspects of there business are doing well.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Post#968 » by iMoreland » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 am

RAW November 24th, 2014 Ratings
Hour one - 4.73 million
Hour two - 3.99 million
Hour three - 4.01 million
Average - 4.23 million

RAW November 23rd, 2015 Ratings
Hour one - 3.19 million
Hour two - 2.99 million
Hour three - 2.71 million
Average - 2.96 million
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#969 » by improper » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:30 am

The problem is that they're just going to blame it all on the lack of John Cena rather than address the real problem, that being that they keep pushing a guy who just isn't the guy the fans want, they refuse to listen to their audience unless they're afraid of being booed out of the main event at Wrestlemania, they relegate so much talent to the mid-card, keep the booking 50/50 so no one ever really gets over, give less than a crap about the entire women's division even though there's a ton of talent there, they just had probably the worst PPV of the year, and the list goes on and on.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#970 » by SDM » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:58 pm

They don't even deserve the dwindling audience they have now.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#971 » by dms269 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:02 pm

I actually kinda like Reigns. No he isn't great on the mic and he isn't a great in ring wrestler, but he is our not great wrestler.

I think a lot of the heat on Reigns now is due to people being bitter from the rumble.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Dirkbaka
Banned User
And1: 446

Post#972 » by Dirkbaka » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:I actually kinda like Reigns. No he isn't great on the mic and he isn't a great in ring wrestler, but he is our not great wrestler.

I think a lot of the heat on Reigns now is due to people being bitter from the rumble.

This doesn't make sense. Whose great wrestler? Certainly not mine. If I had to choose a guy who I say is "ours" I'd go with Kevin Owens.

The guy doesn't suck but he just keeps getting pushed for no reason. We don't want him. It has nothing to do with the Rumble. It has everything to do that there are more deserving guys to take that spot but they keep shoving Reigns and Sheamus down our throats.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#973 » by Latrell » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:17 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:I actually kinda like Reigns. No he isn't great on the mic and he isn't a great in ring wrestler, but he is our not great wrestler.

I remember a lot of people actually feeling bad for Reigns after that debacle at the Rumble.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#974 » by improper » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 pm

It's not so much Reigns that people don't like but the fact that he's being pushed so hard despite there being candidates that are better in the ring, better on the mic, and more over with the crowd. And I mean other candidates that are all three of those combined, not just one or two.

The fans are getting sick of the WWE not listening to them, and as such they are rebelling against the WWE's "chosen one," Roman Reigns. It's the WWE's fault for ignoring the fans and pushing the guy they didn't choose. Until the WWE starts both listening to the fans and putting out a consistently better product, they are going to continue to be embarrassed at PPVs by boos from the crowd and the ratings will continue to dwindle. Sadly, nothing is likely to change until Vince either dies or steps down.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#975 » by Latrell » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:40 pm

improper wrote:

It's not so much Reigns that people don't like but the fact that he's being pushed so hard despite there being candidates that are better in the ring, better on the mic, and more over with the crowd. And I mean other candidates that are all three of those combined, not just one or two.

The fans are getting sick of the WWE not listening to them, and as such they are rebelling against the WWE's "chosen one," Roman Reigns. It's the WWE's fault for ignoring the fans and pushing the guy they didn't choose. Until the WWE starts both listening to the fans and putting out a consistently better product, they are going to continue to be embarrassed at PPVs by boos from the crowd and the ratings will continue to dwindle. Sadly, nothing is likely to change until Vince either dies or steps down.

And what a lot of people fail to mention also, is that it does a disservice to Reigns as well in the long run.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,535

Post#976 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Jeez, they could have at least made the Sheamus, Rusev and Barrett faction look strong and hard to overcome at the end of that Raw, instead of making sure Reigns is on top
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#977 » by Shemy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 am

^agreed, funny enough that Sheamus who imo is the least talented of the bunch has gotten the biggest push in years past

Anyways back to your point, the trio together could potentially be a believable force, instead you have reigns kicking all three of their asses, and further damage any future for Barrett and Rusev
"They scared now"
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,535

Post#978 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 am

Shemy wrote:^agreed, funny enough that Sheamus who imo is the least talented of the bunch has gotten the biggest push in years past

Anyways back to your point, the trio together could potentially be a believable force, instead you have reigns kicking all three of their asses, and further damage any future for Barrett and Rusev

I am not as big a fan of Barrett as some and I think he fits well as the muscle in a champion's back pocket, but to me Rusev > Sheamus as #1 of that group, I think he has the most natural charisma, and is most imposing wrestler. Not that they had much of a choice considering Sheamus had already won the MITB months before and Rusev was injured during the SS tournament and for that matter during MITB too
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#979 » by improper » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:20 am

I've never understood why Barrett has become such an afterthought. He's a solid performer and really good on the mic. You'd think they'd be able to do something with that.

Like, why is Ryback being pushed when Barrett is not? Barrett is literally better at everything than Ryback.

Barrett was a legitimate main event guy a few years ago, and now he's jobbing on Main Event I honestly don't understand how this kind of stuff happens. There are so many guys in the WWE who have so much more talent than the guys the WWE ends up trying to pusht hat it baffles my goddamn mind.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,273

Post#980 » by Shaazzam » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:51 am

Isn't Seamus down with HHH?
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone

Return to Pro Wrestling