WWE General Discussion

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,946

Re: WWE General Discussion 

Post#821 » by iMoreland » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Apparently Big Show/Shaq isn't a sure thing anymore for WM.

From Shaq himself on his podcast when asked about the rumors of that the match is off, "That's probably right," and that "It's not my fault. That's all you need to know"

Sucks for Big Show who got in the best shape of his career for this match, possibly his final match.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#822 » by improper » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:55 pm

iMoreland wrote:Apparently Big Show/Shaq isn't a sure thing anymore for WM.

From Shaq himself on his podcast when asked about the rumors of that the match is off, "That's probably right," and that "It's not my fault. That's all you need to know"

Sucks for Big Show who got in the best shape of his career for this match, possibly his final match.

Yeah, now he might actually have to put over a wrestler in his last match instead of a washed up NBA star. Poor guy.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#823 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:01 am

improper wrote:
iMoreland wrote:Apparently Big Show/Shaq isn't a sure thing anymore for WM.

Yeah, now he might actually have to put over a wrestler in his last match instead of a washed up NBA star. Poor guy.

All Big Show does is put over guys. What was the last feud he won?
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#824 » by RightToCensor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 am

Does anyone have a problem with crowds chanting what they want since they paid their tickets? I've seen a lot of complaining over the years about fans being either too quiet or too much in the left field that their chants don't correlate with what's happening in the show even if it's boring to them.

This seems to happen a lot over the past decade, mostly because the product could never recover to being anywhere close to the stories or characters of the late 90s, early 2000s.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#825 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:57 pm

I just saw that Kelly Kelly will probably be the one to induct Beth Phoenix into the HOF. Strange choice on a couple different levels, for one Beth was seen as one of the "real women's wrestlers" during her time while Kelly was seen as the posterchild of the "models who can't wrestle" group. The other is that she's married to a WWE HOFer whose a far bigger name and draw than Kelly.

So, I figured it was a no-brainer that Edge would do it. And assuming he isn't doing it, I can think of two reasons why. One being that while they're married they were never really connected on-screen. So they want someone who is associated with Beth on-screen. The other is that Beth is essentially a mid-carder on the actual HOF show. Angle's obviously the headliner but after that, DDP, Rock' n' Roll Express and if the rumors are true about Rick Rude, all of those people will probably be higher on the card than her. So they may see inducting her as beneath him.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#826 » by studcrackers » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

If not Edge, why not Natalya? Weren't they like real life best friends or am I thinking of someone else?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#827 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:08 pm

By all indications, there isn't a consistent policy as to who will induct people. Sometimes they let the person pick, sometimes they pick for them. Lawler said he wanted Lance Russell to induct him but they decided it would be William Shatner. Its probably safe to assume that if she was picking, Kelly wouldn't be her choice.

The rumor is that she's coming back and if that's the case, this would make sense as the start of her reintroduction.
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#828 » by improper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:17 pm

RightToCensor wrote:Does anyone have a problem with crowds chanting what they want since they paid their tickets? I've seen a lot of complaining over the years about fans being either too quiet or too much in the left field that their chants don't correlate with what's happening in the show even if it's boring to them.

This seems to happen a lot over the past decade, mostly because the product could never recover to being anywhere close to the stories or characters of the late 90s, early 2000s.

Normally I don't have a problem with crowds chanting what they want. I was really annoyed last night when the crowd started chanting "CM Punk" during the Rollins/HHH segment, though, as that's one of the few compelling feuds on Raw right now and has been booked very well the past month or so (since around the last Takeover when they finally advanced the feud after months of stalling). Not only was it disrespectful to Rollins, but it's just a dumb chant at this point as Punk is never coming back. It just makes the crowd look like d*cks.

That crowd last night was terrible, though, so they deserve to be criticized. None of them seemed like they wanted to be there. They were dead silent for some of the better segments of the night, and the only guy they seemed to pop for was Goldberg, which should tell you all you need to know about the quality of those fans.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#829 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Mar 1, 2017 9:34 pm

According to Chael Sonnen, Jack Swagger asked for and was granted his release from WWE.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,670

Post#830 » by Max Green » Fri Mar 3, 2017 2:32 pm

I always thought they could've done more with Swagger. Getting a DUI during his feud with ADR while he was over with the "we the people" gimmick killed his career. It seemed like they were going to put the title on him at Mania that year.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#831 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Mar 3, 2017 3:11 pm

I'm sure Swagger will end up in IMPACT in a few months. That company, regardless of ownership/leadership, can't stop themselves from putting their titles on former WWE guys. They just can't help themselves. Last night's tapings were more proof of that.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#832 » by Scott Hall » Sun Mar 5, 2017 8:46 am

I don't know man...Beth Phoenix? I guess she has the credentials was never a fan...

It's so soon it just reeks of they want to induct at least one women regardless if they're that worthy or not and
they're starting to run out of candidates.

America has become so PC now and WWE is a public company and they have a questionable past with a lot of things.
Now for good PR they're gonna induct at least one female and one black guy to appease the public as opposed to if
they're truly worthy or not. Now the barometer has been set real low with some questionable HOF's inductions in the past...

But I don't want WWE making it feel like they're inducting a female talent or a black talent because it's mandatory each year
or for PR reasons I want those talents that are inducted to be truly HOF type talents regardless of their gender, race or religion.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#833 » by iMoreland » Tue Mar 7, 2017 10:56 pm

Serious idea: I would want to see a Wrestlemania night 1 and night 2, rather than one 7 f***ing hour show.

This year for example,

Night 1 Card (Saturday, 3.5 hours):

Neville (c) vs. Aries
Ambrose (c) vs. Corbin
American Alpha (c) vs. Uso's
André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha
Roman vs. Undertaker
Bray (c) vs. Orton

Night 2 Card (Sunday, 3.5 hours):

Gallows/Anderson (c) vs. Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Enzo/Cass
Jericho (c) vs. Owens
Cena and Nikki vs. Miz and Maryse
Shane vs. Styles
Alexa (c) vs. Becky vs. Mickie
Seth vs. Triple H
Goldberg (c) vs. Brock

You can do TakeOver on Friday, move the Hall of Fame to the previous Sunday. They've done something like this before, and now with the roster as stacked as it is, more guys can get on the cards.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#834 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Mar 8, 2017 2:52 am

You're talking about a 5 day event, with...

Friday - Takeover
Saturday - Mania night 1
Sunday - Mania night 2
Monday - RAW
Tuesday - Smackdown

Yeah, that ain't happening.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#835 » by WRau1 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:10 am

Wait, is WM going to be 7 hrs?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#836 » by iMoreland » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:31 am

Dunthreevy wrote:You're talking about a 5 day event, with...

Friday - Takeover
Saturday - Mania night 1
Sunday - Mania night 2
Monday - RAW
Tuesday - Smackdown

They already do 4 day events, what's 1 more day gonna hurt
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#837 » by iMoreland » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:32 am

WRau1 wrote:Wait, is WM going to be 7 hrs?

Yeah, 3 hour pre show + 4 hour main show. WM32 was at least
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#838 » by WRau1 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:49 am

iMoreland wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Wait, is WM going to be 7 hrs?

Yeah, 3 hour pre show + 4 hour main show. WM32 was at least

Ah, ok.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
improper
Lead Assistant

Post#839 » by improper » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:57 am

iMoreland wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:You're talking about a 5 day event, with...

Friday - Takeover
Saturday - Mania night 1
Sunday - Mania night 2
Monday - RAW
Tuesday - Smackdown

They already do 4 day events, what's 1 more day gonna hurt

It also wouldn't really be that hard on the stars themselves because guys who work Takeover aren't working 'Mania, and guys who work 'Mania night one wouldn't be working night two. Oh, and Raw and Smackdown are obviously separated so they'd each get a night off there as well.

The logistics of it are probably what would ultimately kill it, though. Would fans buy one ticket that gets them in both nights? Would you do a Smackdown main event one night and a Raw the next? How would you decide which is which? Which is the main show? Is one show the B-show? Also, they'd have to book the arena for an additional night (probably not a problem, but you never know) and have to do production for an entire additional show.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#840 » by iMoreland » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:15 am

Random though I had: Doesn't Triple H still have a rematch clause for the WWE Title?

I can see them doing something where Triple H and Stephanie get "fired" from Raw, then Vince comes back and forces them onto Shane to help run SmackDown when Daniel Bryan has his kid.

Then a SummerSlam angle between HHH/Wyatt (since they teased it last year). That could be the story that leads to Bray's face turn.

Then do HHH/Shane at WM34 for control of the company.

Return to Pro Wrestling